Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

• Supporting Vendor

Boboneleg- We have a few dealers in EU. You can find them on our dealer locator in the Extras section of our site. 

Notgoodatusrnms- Yes our comfort seats will be wider while the Rally would be narrow like a moto seat

• Like 4

I want a two pieces seat with much more confort, but not more higher 🙂. I See your rear version for the two parts seat. It seems to be nice... An idea about cost for the two pieces seat?

Many thanks from Belgium...

Bruno

Front comfort and a little higher,  same height as the oem mono rear seat rack👍

Tall comfort for me please. Stock seat is too low and sloped.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

On 7/18/2020 at 4:41 AM, cyclenav said:

This is what I am talking about, last 2 times I tried to order a Tall Soft Seat like the one pictured I was told not without the logo. That has been a couple years ago, but that's because I quit looking if I have to have that logo in my way. Don't know if its a Tall Soft Seat thing or a KTM thing as most of the seats I replaced are KTM. Years ago I looked nowhere else and bought their seats for different makes and models but around 2015 or so the logo was added and I was not happy. Hopefully things have changed.

IMG_7875-300x200.jpg

I'm with you cyclenav. This looks like manufacturer arrogance, and lack of empathy for the customer. I wonder if that is the same with their warranty and other dealings they have with the customer? 

I'll watch this space with interest.

• Dislike 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TimeMachine said:

I'm with you cyclenav. This looks like manufacturer arrogance, and lack of empathy for the customer. I wonder if that is the same with their warranty and other dealings they have with the customer? 

I'll watch this space with interest.

@TimeMachine

Your concerns were addressed below. Not affiliated with Seat Concepts in any way other than having been a customer for many years and have purchased 5 seats for various bikes. Their products are the best and other than an inquiry about a lower seat for the wife's low Beta seat ( they wouldn't lower it more as they said it wouldn't work) I've never needed to contact them for any issue.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

12 minutes ago, CAJW said:

@TimeMachine

Your concerns were addressed here.

Thanks for the link. So the big logo is on the rally model. I'll wait for the pics cause I cant visualise the models. What I do know is that Seat Concepts made a great tall seat for my Husky 650 in the past, so hoping one of these for the T7 is right for me. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Bruno- The pricing for the 2 piece seats will be the same as our KTM 790 2 piece kits seen here:

https://seatconcepts.com/collections/ktm/products/ktm-2019-790-adventure-comfort?variant=31851803508813

The standard low, height and tall will all have the slope addressed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like the logo on the seat but that's just me.  Its a dirt bike thing I guess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

It will be open to all. Just the shipping will be different for international.

• Like 7

To remedy the slope I hope the front is slightly raised with the seating portion left the same as stock to preserve knee room (rather than maintaining  the front height but lowering the seating area). Regardless I'm sure it'll be an improvement SC seats always are.

It would be nice! A buy group is an excellent idea! awainting news asap in Belgium 🙂 !

Hi Seat concepts! I have the two piece seat and need to make the front single soft, im guess in its current form is 12lb recon foam, ideally 6-7 lb foam with a slight step on the rear to hold you in and an inch lower, is this something you can do?cheers Matt 

Yep and Me. Low single front Air conditioned heated for me:)))) No seriously I'm in.

• Premium Member

Yep, me too.
I have the yamaha oem low seat, its not bad, but has some sharp edges.  I can do about 1-1.5hrs then I need a break.  Approaching 400km in a day in the saddle... need more, want to ride the bike cross canada at some point. 

Tazmool

• Like 1

Following along.  Interested in a comfort low also.