Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

Yah, was afraid of that.  I now see the title of this thread. Was reading it and saw folks desperately looking for a seat and thot it would be good to mention. But, I will pay more attention in future. Maybe someone can move this, or I can delete?

On 4/24/2021 at 6:30 AM, Firebolter said:

Looks like my bike, well without the rack! Same here, love the seat. More space to move around on and a flatter seating profile. Plus I need the help with the seat height so this helped to counter the big boy springs that makes the bike sit a little higher.

Does that mean you got the comfort low seat then?

Anyone with the tall seat share their experiences with it how comfy? 😃

23 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Here is a shot of the low rally seat.

642007482.jpg

Would it be safe to assume*, based on the shape and the radius of the edges, that the SC rally would probably be more

comfortable than the stock Yamaha seat? And then obviously the SC comfort seats would be even more so.

*taking into account that comfort is subjective and everyone’s butt is different.

3 minutes ago, Snowman said:

Would it be safe to assume*

Daddy always told me "Never assume, it will make an ASS out of U and ME"

Personally, my fat flabby old-man buttox wants a big fat platform to sit on. After 100 miles these days, I lust after a Harley Road Kinging seat

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Just now, Hibobb said:

Daddy always told me "Never assume, it will make an ASS out of U and ME"

Personally, my fat flabby old-man buttox wants a big fat platform to sit on. After 100 miles these days, I lust after a Harley Road Kinging seat

Well, that’s kinda why I’m asking the manufacturer. So as to limit the variables in my assumption and make the right call when they eventually go up for sale.

I used to pull 15hr/1200km days on my Honda 500x, the t7 is a different beast though. The low/std SC rally might be a good trade off for me as I don’t think I need to go especially wide just a bit better contour, and the slim seat IS really nice for being up on the pegs off road. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

Snowman, I got ya.... I too plan on getting an aftermarket seat to fit my "needs" (Once I get the stink'n bike). I may wait a year to see what all the other aftermarket guys come out with. I love to ride, but getting old means I won't be taking this 450 pound bike on any serious off road challenges. The T7 will be my Princess Bike fitted with hard panniers and a swivel bucket seat from a 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo. As a side note: I still do have an '02 XR400R that I ride (admittedly slower) single tracks with. I can still pick up that bike....

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

• Supporting Vendor

IF you find the square edge of the OEM seat the biggest issue in comfort then yes, our seat would be better. Plus the foam we use is better so that would help. Just be aware the width will help the most for longer rides.

All,

I got mine 2 weeks ago. I got the touring version as the support is there but it is narrow at the front so that i can still ride standing when required....

Not my first Seat Concept....always satisfied...

IMG_0082.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Goup said:

All,

I got mine 2 weeks ago. I got the touring version as the support is there but it is narrow at the front so that i can still ride standing when required....

Not my first Seat Concept....always satisfied...

IMG_0082.jpg

So, is the one piece seat available from SC?   I’ve been waiting.   
Is there, by chance, going to be a group buy?? 
looking a bit closer. Is that the two piece seat?  I’m waiting for the one piece.. 

Edited by MoPops
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

The 1 piece seat is not available yet. We are going to have a group buy once all the models are finished so no one is left out. We are getting the seats finished up slowly but surely. Here is the low comfort next to the low rally. 

IMG_3575.jpg

Im waiting on the one piece seat too.  btw, I see you on the road in your van all the time. waved at you the other day. Thanks for keeping everyone here up to date!

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

The 1 piece seat is not available yet. We are going to have a group buy once all the models are finished so no one is left out. We are getting the seats finished up slowly but surely. Here is the low comfort next to the low rally. 

IMG_3575.jpg

If possible when the group buy goes up, it would be awesome to see shots

of the different 1 pieces on as well as off the bike. Just to give us a solid overview as we throw our money at you.

02A4C07C-DF1B-4D6F-B08D-08A0F88210E2.jpeg

@Seat Concepts

Do you have the widths for those two low seats yet?  I'm trying to fit one with my SW-Motech rack and it's close to the seat.

Thanks

Edited by Gekkdroid

I have a weeklong trip planned in just over 4 weeks and I'd love to have a different seat on the bike by then. Is the lead time on the two-piece standard height kits pretty quick now or are those still taking some time?

If I wouldn't be able to get a hold of the two piece kit within the next few weeks I may just tough it out for this trip and hold out for the release of the one piece

Edited by ManBearPig

I'm also comfortable sitting close to the tank in the low spot of the stock seat even when riding highway distances, except for the butt discomfort. It provides an upright riding position, a comfortable reach to the handlebars and balance through the rough sections. I'm hopeful that one of the SC seats will allow that seating position with more butt comfort and be narrow enough where my legs reach for the ground at stops, or standing on the pegs riding off-road unmaintained road sections. I don't claim my off-road riding skills as agressive, simply capable enough to traverse the rougher sections. I don't want to add risers to sit further back , I don't think they will be helpful when standing on the pegs and riding the off-road road sections. I'm hopeful a SC seat will be more comfortable. 

• Supporting Vendor

We do not have anything on the shelf.  All of our seats are made to order and have a 8-10 week production time right now.

As for sitting up on the narrow part of the seat and it being comfortable: It is kind of counter productive from a seat builders perspective. Most people want it narrow up front so the reach to the ground is better (narrow and round help the reach tot he ground VS wide and square).  That is why there is a rally style seat that is narrow for people that want to have no restrictions when standing or off-roading but you do sacrifice comfort. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Here is a picture of the standard comfort

image1 (7).jpeg

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

Here is the tall rally and comfort.

The pictures will not load without rotating for some reason. 

image0 (19).jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Here is the tall rally and comfort.

The pictures will not load without rotating for some reason. 

image0 (19).jpeg

That tall Rally looks absolutely mint! Can't wait to get one on order!

9to5adv.com

If everything is made-to-order I might as well hold out for the one-piece at this point, which is fine. 

What is the second seat pictured in the photo above? Is that the same "standard comfort" in the other picture? Or is that one more of a "sport touring" style. 

There's a bit of terminology and I'm not sure I follow all of it. 

I assume rally=dirt bike seat shape and sport touring= more anatomically correct, wider style? Also assuming with the one piece seats there will be low/standard/tall versions of each of these?