Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

Any Canadians want to get together and save on shipping costs?

Count me in for a low confort 

PM send

• Like 1

I sent a PM for a 1 piece Standard Comfort.

Adding to Canadian list.

Cheers

Already sent a PM a while ago. I'm from the Philippines though, and I am NOT looking forward to how much the shipping costs.

Standard height comfort seat for me please, PM sent.

Excuse my ignorance as it may have been mentioned earlier, but based on the pic above posted by @REDHORSECAwhat is the basic difference between the Rally standard stock height seat and the Comfort standard stock height seat??

25 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Excuse my ignorance as it may have been mentioned earlier, but based on the pic above posted by @REDHORSECAwhat is the basic difference between the Rally standard stock height seat and the Comfort standard stock height seat??

Comfort is wider.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Comfort seat foam has a wider butt seating surface to distribute rider weight more, for more comfort.  The front of the comfort seat is still narrow for standing on the bike.

IMG_3575.jpg.5475686ca53d286d80dac6ca7c4

Standard SC seat heights are supposed to be the same height as the stock seat height.

Seat Concepts plastic seat pan is engineered to be not as thick as the stock seat pan(s). Allowing the SC seat foam to be thicker under the rider than the equivalent stock seat height for better than stock comfort.

346226339_image0(20).jpeg.10d9621afeaf1c

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

Comfort seat foam has a wider butt seating surface to distribute rider weight more, for more comfort.  The front of the comfort seat is still narrow for standing on the bike.

Standard SC seat heights are supposed to be the same height as the stock seat height.

Seat Concepts plastic seat pan is engineered to be not as thick as the stock seat pan(s). Allowing the SC seat foam to be thicker under the rider than the equivalent stock seat height for better than stock comfort.

Excellent, thank you!!

• Like 1

Here's my stock seat and the Rally Raid tail rack. It seems obvious that the one-piece Seat Concepts comfort seat, being wider, will not fit with this RR rack.  Does anyone know if the one-piece Rally seat is any wider than the OEM seat? 

T7 seat.jpg

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seventh Son said:

Here's my stock seat and the Rally Raid tail rack. It seems obvious that the one-piece Seat Concepts comfort seat, being wider, will not fit with this RR rack.  Does anyone know if the one-piece Rally seat is any wider than the OEM seat? 

T7 seat.jpg

Just to note, this is also the case with the SW Motech Adventure rack, my high comfort seat rubbed on the rack.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am betting the foam will form to the rack sides and be fine. My custom seat pushes hard against the rails of my SW Motec racks rails but works fine.

IMG_20210530_203550719.jpg

IMG_20210530_203539942.jpg

Edited by Simmons1
  • Thanks 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

3 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

This angle looks a bit different. . . They look very close in shape . . . just a bit wider on the comfort.

D8E0576A-5B53-4662-B0FE-66C3E34776F9.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

29 minutes ago, Tom McDonough said:

This angle looks a bit different. . . They look very close in shape . . . just a bit wider on the comfort.

D8E0576A-5B53-4662-B0FE-66C3E34776F9.jpeg

Yes that offset picture angle does not make it easy to see the shape of the comfort width. Have to look from a more top angle shot. 

This is my T7 SC sport touring (comfort) seat foam / cover kit. The one piece seats will be similar in profile/width. 

E6UJm4W.jpg

DGtTWg3.jpg

• Thanks 1

I went with the wider comfort 1-pc std to spread the load:-)

98E4422B-C7D0-4223-9E72-AEFA412BEF4E.jpeg

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

Would be interested to find out the shipping cost to Australia.pm sent.

• Like 2

@Seat Concepts can you tell me what the width of the Rally one-piece standard stock height seat is at its widest point?  I'd like to know if it will fit with my Rally Raid tail rack.  Thank you

PM for a tall comfort.  Would love to see pics and if the comfort part is only wide in the pan and then tapers to the pillion part.  Anyone know? Part of the Canadian buy group.  

14 hours ago, Gumby said:

Would be interested to find out the shipping cost to Australia.pm sent.

I'd be keen too

4 hours ago, Quirijn said:

I'd be keen too

Same. Plus I wonder if it is cheaper to ship in bulk for all of us down under who are keen

• Like 1