Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

I don’t remember, when was SC going to reply to the PMs?   I’d think they have 11+ commitments already.   I sent in PM a while ago.  I’m ready to order.   Anyone heard back on a PM yet? 

51 minutes ago, MoPops said:

I don’t remember, when was SC going to reply to the PMs?   I’d think they have 11+ commitments already.   I sent in PM a while ago.  I’m ready to order.   Anyone heard back on a PM yet? 

Nope and we probably won't for a bit. You'll get a reply from them eventually. I am sure the email and PM volumes are huge for them now (spring time), and not just from this site so patience is needed. Remember THEY ARE NOT SHIPPING UNTIL LATE JULY. They already said that, so don't expect to see your seat till then.

Edited by Firebolter
  • Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

I want to start by thanking everyone answering a lot of the questions posted up. It does help most people to get a answer. I would not be able to go back and answer them all. Here is some answers to the questions that the info is not out there yet:

Widths of comforts= low-12"  Std-11"  Tall-12" at the widest point

Rally widths= same as stock roughly and would not cause any rack issues.

There has been some questions on height vs comfort. The low seat will always give up comfort to a standard or tall. I touched on this in a previous post. Going from a standard to a tall is only recommended for someone who can give up the reach to the ground. The taller seat will have the benefit of a flatter seating area front to rear and more foam for bump absorption.  This will not help if you keep dropping your bike if you cannot reach the ground..haha. 

The seat will not be shipping out till August-Sept. The production time right now is 8-10 weeks plus shipping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Vendor

I have not gone through the PM's yet but I am at 86 so I am guessing we are at the full discount so I will be sending out discount codes this week. I will reply in order but your order is not locked in place until you actually place your order on the site. 

Thanks again for everyone's purchase and interest.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

I have not gone through the PM's yet but I am at 86 so I am guessing we are at the full discount so I will be sending out discount codes this week. I will reply in order but your order is not locked in place until you actually place your order on the site. 

Great news . . . can you give a ball-park shipping charge for GA (30549) ?   I am guessing the discount will cover shipping in the states.
Thanks again,

Tom

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

2 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

So I'm guessing you will reply to each pm you have received, in order of course, with a discount code. We then go to the website with the provided discount code and place our order(s), correct?

• Supporting Vendor

Shipping in the states is 19.95 and the discount does not apply to that.

Yes, you will be responded to in order with a discount code to use at checkout. I am going to try and time this where the listings do not come up too far ahead of me issuing the codes so everyone is as close to the front of the line as possible.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Shipping in the states is 19.95 and the discount does not apply to that.

Yes, you will be responded to in order with a discount code to use at checkout. I am going to try and time this where the listings do not come up too far ahead of me issuing the codes so everyone is as close to the front of the line as possible.

Would the discount code have something like an expiry date, or is it possible to save it for now if I decide to make my purchase at a later date?

• Supporting Vendor

Yes, there is a expiration date.  The code is good for 2 months

• Like 3

In your opinion would the low comfort seat be comparable in comfort to the standard Yamaha seat or would I be asking to much with having less foam in the low comfort?

Hey SC, any idea on how the bunch of us in and around Vancouver BC Canada can all individually order what we want, and get them shipped together to hopefully save a bit on shipping and duty? Or is it a non starter?

Would shipping everything to a dealer

hub here work? I have space in my shop and a forklift to unload if there isn’t a dealer who wants to deal.

• Like 1

Seat are up on the web page. 9 different  one piece seats. Got my code and ordered a rally hard adventure low. Stoked.

• Thanks 1

I couldn't decide between the low rally and low comfort so, f it, I bought both. Worst case I resell one here. Thanks again SC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DORTx2 said:

Just bought mine, cant wait. Real hard choice between the tall hard rally or the tall comfort.

Thats currently my dilemma 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

Order 101001 Completed - Comfort Tall.

Damn, that means in the 7 minutes between our posts 4 people bought seats.

I just got back from taking my GSP dog to the vet.

So, I would have been quicker if I was at home when the PM was sent. lol

Order placed:-)

Order 101014 . . . . I guess I am #14:-)

Std Comfort.

Edited by Tom McDonough

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

where do we put in the discount code and how does it work?

is it in the desc box and then we get rebated later?