Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

9 minutes ago, triarii said:

where do we put in the discount code and how does it work?

is it in the desc box and then we get rebated later?

Did you send them a PM a few days ago? If so they would have sent you the code. If you have the code it’s applied at the check out.

I did not see any where to apply it. I put it in the desc box, but that has no effect on price.
there was no "apply discount code here" box.
the instructions were not super clear.

Edited by triarii

Just now, triarii said:

I did not see any where to apply it. the instructions were not super clear.

When you check out and get to the final step there’s a coupon code box...

Standard Comfort #101025. The discount code input worked great, a box in the upper right at the last checkout payment step before the transfer to paypal. Thank you, SC!

1 hour ago, DORTx2 said:

Damn, that means in the 7 minutes between our posts 4 people bought seats.

I must have been right behind him, I'm 101002 - Standard comfort.

....and yes, big shout out to the guys (and gals) at Seat Concepts for making this happen! 

Edited by JohnnieBoy

2 hours ago, triarii said:

where do we put in the discount code and how does it work?

is it in the desc box and then we get rebated later?

After you use this Forums to message Seat Concepts that you interested in participating in the Group Buy.

Send the message with how many seats you want to purchase and what model seat(s).

They will message back to you when they are back online your personal Discount Code.

Go to their website and order the seat you want. One of the very last pages of purchasing the seat, just before "Completing order".

Input your personal Discount Code in the "Gift card or discount code" box and hit Apply.

qDYCfzwl.png

• Thanks 1

Now the wait.

Was thinking about the tall comfort, but their FAQ says it's not any softer than the regular. 

And I'm just barely flat footed as it is. 

Just sent my request for a standard comfort discount code.  Don't have the bike yet, so I don't know for sure, but I'm supposed to see it this month!  Only got a 32 inch inseam.  

On 6/1/2021 at 3:26 PM, bru00z said:

Same. Plus I wonder if it is cheaper to ship in bulk for all of us down under who are keen

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a second round of delivery in aus, just ordered mine as a one off, came back at $443  AUD shipped to Adelaide. It was $120 USD for shipping. Got $90 us off the $299 retail for the group buy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, triarii said:

I did not see any where to apply it. I put it in the desc box, but that has no effect on price.
there was no "apply discount code here" box.
the instructions were not super clear.

It was clear to me and 99% of people. There IS a box for the code on the check out page, you put it in and hit update and it reduces the price.  You just didn't see it-and you have 2 post and 1 of them is a complaint about a mistake you made and are trying to make it appear like the vendor is to blame? slow down and learn how to read-

Edited by Firebolter

3 hours ago, Dave914 said:

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a second round of delivery in aus, just ordered mine as a one off, came back at $443  AUD shipped to Adelaide. It was $120 USD for shipping. Got $90 us off the $299 retail for the group buy

Fair enough, price isn't too bad anyway

Got my code and almost ready to prder

Is the "comfort" one piece a similar profile to the "sport touring" two piece? Or am I missing a ST option for the one-piece?

Just ordered the comfort 1 piece - discount almost paid the shipping.  Thanks to @Seat Concepts for offering this discount and our site Admin @Cruizin  providing this opportunity for us.

• Like 2

6'2", 32" inseam (short legs proportions for my height?), I flat foot on the bike when sitting down. I sort of feel cramped sitting down with boots on the pegs. Seat surface to foot peg height will be more comfy for me on long rides with the tall seats. So, I ordered the tall comfort.

Ordered -20mm (-0.78") lower suspension links from Camel, plus the +1.25" (+ 31.75mm) of the SC Tall seat. 

Net gain +0.47" (+12mm) over the standard seat height with the -20mm lowering links installed.

I already have the Seat Concepts T7 stock height foam and cover kit. So, I have some options for configuring the T7 for the type of ride/trip I plan on doing. The seats are easy enough to swap out. The suspension links are easy to get to and swap out in minutes.

Edited by REDHORSECA

Just now, joenuclear said:

How do I get in on the Group Buy?

There’s been a half dozen posts in the last handful of pages on what you need to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snowman said:

There’s been a half dozen posts in the last handful of pages on what you need to do.

I understand, there is no direct link.

Just now, joenuclear said:

I understand, there is no direct link.

If you’re expecting people to do all the work for you, when the step by step is literally posted a couple pages back... then sorry bud you ain’t gettin the deal on a new seat.

1 minute ago, joenuclear said:

I understand, you're not my bud...

And that's OK.😋

7F4B0A34-4722-4018-9BFF-C454FD564F94.jpeg

• Like 1