Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

• Supporting Vendor

We are making the first low foam today. Once the foam is approved it will move to the sew dept. We will get the cover pattern made. We will hold it until the standard seat is finished for the group buy. We are working on new mold technology so the lead time is longer than expected. Still about 3 weeks or so out on the standard seat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, toycloser said:

The stock seat is killing me!  Please hurry.  😆

Me too.  It's the only thing spoiling this bike for me now.  I'm done after only 35 miles.   

Thanks for the updates S.C. We really appreciate the work you're all putting into making our asses happy. I had your seat on my Ktm 690 Enduro and that made such a huge difference in long pavement days. Night and day on that bike. I might be the only one on here who thinks the stock seat on the 700 is a dream from what I've read. But that said, every single bike I owned for the last 40 years has been a dirt bike so my reference is a 2x4. This stock 700 seat is like a couch for me, but knowing what you make I can only imagine it will be even better. Count me in on a group buy too. 

• Like 1

I go  Monday to Lannion, France. 850 km from Belgium… With  standard seat 😞

I am a little bit anxious...for my ass  🙂

I'll tell you about that, when back on Sunday next Week… I hope…  🙂

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Just a quick update. The low seat foam has been made and is off to pattern making for the cover. I am hoping to have the standard height mold finished late next week. When working with outside vendors the delays are out of our hands. We are in the process of changing some of this so it is in-house but like everything, the delays from vendors is up in the air.

• Like 8

Tall Comfort for me!

I have the stock seat and OEM rally seat. After 2 hours I am super sore because of the slope to the tank.

(I am almost tempted to order the Yamaha XT 250 Tall Comfort foam and cover and make it fit.)

T7 Seat.JPG

XT7 Seat.JPG

YamahaXT250TallComfortCFG.png

Edited by GPSAT

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, GPSAT said:

Tall Comfort for me!

I have the stock seat and OEM rally seat. After 2 hours I am super sore because of the slope to the tank.

(I am almost tempted to order the Yamaha XT 250 Tall Comfort foam and cover and make it fit.)

T7 Seat.JPG

XT7 Seat.JPG

YamahaXT250TallComfortCFG.png

They are quite a bit different. With lots of work and a custom cover you could make it work though

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/2/2020 at 2:55 PM, Matth said:

That looks good. Are seat concepts making a single low seat?

Yes, we will have a low one-piece seat.  We have our own design, one-piece seat base being made so there is more foam in the seat to allow for a more comfortable low seat.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Anxiously awaiting a stock height, one piece comfort seat. My long arms & legs have my "comfortable " riding position smack dab on the rider/ pillion seat junction.  Not a good place to sit, so needless to say, I stand alot!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

2 hours ago, CAJW said:

Anxiously awaiting a stock height, one piece comfort seat. My long arms & legs have my "comfortable " riding position smack dab on the rider/ pillion seat junction.  Not a good place to sit, so needless to say, I stand alot!

I feel your pain! I have the Yamaha rally seat currently which is a great seat for general riding and standing and does solve that particular issue, but the padding when sitting is too narrow and creates its own issues.

I am surprised you wouldn't go for the tall seat. That distance between pegs and seat is everything for guys with long legs like ours.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

I feel your pain! I have the Yamaha rally seat currently which is a great seat for general riding and standing and does solve that particular issue, but the padding when sitting is too narrow and creates its own issues.

I am surprised you wouldn't go for the tall seat. That distance between pegs and seat is everything for guys with long legs like ours.

Currently debating that point with my ass.  I'll let you know who wins.......

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

My understanding of the OEM Rally one-piece seat is that it allows a bit more underseat storage/space over the two piece seat. I don't know if that's true, but it sure would be handy. How does this one compare?

I'm definitely waiting for a tall seat. I have a SC tall on my DR650 and it has made a huge difference on long rides. 36" inseam here.

Edited by Desert Mariner

• Supporting Vendor

There is a larger pocket into the seat foam for storage. We removed that as I am wanting more foam for comfort. This design still has the same amount of storage as the 2 piece design.

• Like 1

Understood. That makes sense for the low seat. Will you be making a cover that might fit the OEM rally pan for us tall folks?

Edited by Desert Mariner

Please add a tang/hook to underside of seat so we hang out helmet from when parked?

• Like 1

I'm 58 and have a 21 yr old female who could best be described as "eye candy"to ride pillon with me. I would like a better seat so we can go on longer rides.  My wife and her husband are fine with it since she is my "companion/ care taker" since I have an incurable neurological disease and only ride on the few days a month that I feel well enough to get out of the house and ride.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, Seat Concepts said:

There is a larger pocket into the seat foam for storage. We removed that as I am wanting more foam for comfort. This design still has the same amount of storage as the 2 piece design.

Does this mean there is no storage for a tool pouch on the underside of the new seat pan like the OEM seat has?

So do they actually have anything at all for sale yet?  Link to group buy?

Looking for a standard height driver only comfort seat.

Just finished a 2500km ride, 90 percent asphalt and my ass does not like the stock seat.