Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

14 minutes ago, Snowman said:

7F4B0A34-4722-4018-9BFF-C454FD564F94.jpeg

Buddy Guy! ... I have tickets to see him in Sept, at a 500 max venue - Stoked! 

You can lead a horse to water... 

• Like 1

Quick question. How are these with tail racks? 

How do the slide in? 

Can you post a video of you putting one on?  

Right now, to put the pillion seat on,  I have to show it under my tailrack a bit,  then slide it forward., then down to latch. 

Thanks

• Supporting Vendor

Depending on how high the tail rack extends above the rear fender will dictate how much of a issue they will be. The seat is a tight fit and will need to be flexed to catch the middle hooks and clear the latch as it is.

19 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Depending on how high the tail rack extends above the rear fender will dictate how much of a issue they will be. The seat is a tight fit and will need to be flexed to catch the middle hooks and clear the latch as it is.

Have you tested it with any tail racks?

Any video on an install?  Wondering on the flexing you mentioned. 

15 hours ago, joenuclear said:

I understand, you're not my bud...

And that's OK.😋

Send a Pm to @Seat Concepts that you want in. See the details below. This should have been posted in a fresh new thread. 

The group buy terms will be the same as the original 2 piece offer. Below is the terms. I will start density testing next week and final testing. I will post up if there is any tooling changes that might delay things for any certain version. With the current production backlog I cannot get these out any sooner than normal production lead times which is 8-10 weeks on average.

I will be just issuing a discount code to each of those who sign up and that code will be valid for the 1 piece seat only. You can choose what version and cover at the time of checking out. I appreciate everyone's patience on all of this.

The seats are made and shipped in order (and component  availability)  so I would do it sooner than later if you are in a hurry.

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 6-13-21 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

That you want in on group buy and how many seats.

When you checkout there is a box to add your rider weight or any other info.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jdk2man said:

Have you tested it with any tail racks?

Any video on an install?  Wondering on the flexing you mentioned. 

Has anyone installed a low comfort yet? If it was installed with a tail rack were there any fitment issues?

2 hours ago, joenuclear said:

Has anyone installed a low comfort yet? If it was installed with a tail rack were there any fitment issues?

Same for the tall comfort, any issues with the original tail rack?

Edited by Tasslehoff

Just saw on your website the low comfort is 1 inch 1/8 lower and the low rally is 7/8 lower.

Is this correct? The low comfort is lower than the  low rally?
1/4 of difference 

Edited by Insane rider

Another question: Can we keep the stock strap on the seat with the new seat pan?

• Supporting Vendor

I fixed that. They are both 7/8 lower. It is easy to get a different measurement by checking in a slightly different spot.

The length of the strap would be different when using it on one of our seats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

I fixed that. They are both 7/8 lower. It is easy to get a different measurement by checking in a slightly different spot.

@Seat Concepts just a quick proofreading note for your site (on the same topic) - on the low comfort one-piece, the description on the site currently contradicts itself, stating -7/8" in height, and -1 1/8" in details.  Might need an additional quick edit.

23 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

Thanks

for the strap, it will fit or not?

if we need a longer one, maybe not but a shorter one it could be easy to cut it

• Supporting Vendor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Supporting Vendor
55 minutes ago, Insane rider said:

Thanks

for the strap, it will fit or not?

if we need a longer one, maybe not but a shorter one it could be easy to cut it

Depends on which one. The low OEM is would fit with maybe a little shortening. I am not sure on the comfort, but would be a little tight if anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seat Concepts said:

That low rally looks sick!  👀 

Fantastic job!

Ordered my seat, downside of living in Canada.....the discount paid for the shipping. Cheaper then the yamaha 1 piece and waaaaaay nicer though (1 piece tall, adventure 2.0). Thanks @Seat Concepts for doing this, Can't wait.

@Seat Concepts I was in a bit of a hurry when I ordered my seats so I skipped the rider weight field, thinking it wouldn't matter anyway.  Now I'm wondering if it does make a difference: Do you use different density foams depending on weight?

15 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Still wrong in the description...

Details:
The T700 Comfort Low seat provides you with -1 1/8" of height compared to the OEM seat for increased reach to the ground.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, Cruizin said:

Stoked I got my T7 and found this thread in time to get in on it! I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short on this stuff! BUT NOT TODAY.  I sent you you PM...is that all I have to do for now?

Thanx Clay D

On 6/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, Cruizin said:

Send a Pm to @Seat Concepts that you want in. See the details below. This should have been posted in a fresh new thread. 

The group buy terms will be the same as the original 2 piece offer. Below is the terms. I will start density testing next week and final testing. I will post up if there is any tooling changes that might delay things for any certain version. With the current production backlog I cannot get these out any sooner than normal production lead times which is 8-10 weeks on average.

I will be just issuing a discount code to each of those who sign up and that code will be valid for the 1 piece seat only. You can choose what version and cover at the time of checking out. I appreciate everyone's patience on all of this.

The seats are made and shipped in order (and component  availability)  so I would do it sooner than later if you are in a hurry.

Here is the group buy terms:

1-5 seats 15% off 
6-10 seats 20% off 
11+ 30% off 

The ending date will be 6-13-21 at 11:59 PM

I will need you to PM me the following info:

That you want in on group buy and how many seats.

When you checkout there is a box to add your rider weight or any other info.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Adrenolin said:

Still wrong in the description...

Details:
The T700 Comfort Low seat provides you with -1 1/8" of height compared to the OEM seat for increased reach to the ground.

Not sure where you are getting that. Maybe refresh the browser? 

16 hours ago, Seat Concepts said:

Thanks for showing this. Can't wait to get it.