Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

@alpha 1

Which seat did you order?

I am just guessing but I bet they did them in order received but possibly in lots also, you know Standard Comfort,  and than maybe a lot of Standard Rally seats or something like that. Instead of going back and forth between the models, I could see doing them in groups to cut down production time, but then again I am just guessing and my guesses aren't really worth much.

Hope your wait is not much longer.

I got a shipping notice from Seat Concepts on my Low Comfort seat from group buy. Looking forward to a little more road comfort.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

My Tall Comfort arrives tomorrow (7/30 Friday). 🙂

@REDHORSECA What was your order #?  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

19 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@Kyouma

If you ordered on May 7th it was not part of the one piece seat Group Buy the claim numbers for the Group Buy were not issued until 6/2, at least that is when I received my Group Buy code I don't know of anyone that received the code needed to order in the Group buy any sooner than that.

The Group Buy did not start receiving PM for inclusion until May 27th 

We were able to tell them we wanted to be included in the Group Buy but where not able to order and pay for the seat before we received the necessary code.  

I hope you weren't thinking that you ordered when you were just posting an intertest, you had to send a PM to Seat Concepts for inclusion in the Group Buy and then you received a PM from them with your code, then you had to go to their web page to place your order and insert the code at check out and I don't know of anyone that got their code before 6/2, I purchased mine within two hours of receiving my code.

Oh no, I ordered a different seat just kind of confusing, I still haven't seen my seat or any updates when the website says that it'll be 8-10 weeks. I guess I'll just be patient.

• Like 1

No email for me yet... order #101002. Hopefully today?

I ordered a tall Rally seat this week, not expecting it until September.

• Moderators

I just received email notification that my Tall Comfort 1 piece ( order# 101304) has a UPS tracking #,  due Wed. August 4th. Yay!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Unlike when I jumped on the pre-order for the bike the minute it opened (only to wait forever).  I waited till the very last second and placed my order today!!! lol.  Standard comfort.  Pretty sure it will fit with my Tusk rack, guess we'll see.

I haven't had a chance to do a truly long, multiple days, trip on the OEM seat, so I guess I wasn't motivated to jump on the purchase quickly.  However, I leave on Sunday for VIR, do some track training with CSS and then do a few days around the BRP.  So I guess I'll know if I will actually need the seat or not.  If I end up not having a sore a$$, I may just pass on the savings to someone who missed the group buy.

Either way, glad to see you guys are getting your confirmations and I'm looking forward to some feedback once you get them.

Thanks again to SC for the group love.

• Like 1

My standard comfort eta is next week. I’m curious to see how it will work with the Tusk rack, will let you know. 
I spent a week on the oem seat with a Maddog atv cover over a Therm-a-Seat foam hunting pad. It helped some:
1C6BF944-0FF6-4407-A127-E3025C97D1D2.thumb.jpeg.704536be8889c9c750192483a76e4e94.jpeg

• Like 1

I had to do a quick install of the seat when I got home from work. Just enough time to change out of my work cloths for going out tonight.

Struggled at first to install the Tall Comfort seat. I forgot to remove the Rally Raid QR seat bolt posts that were still mounted. At first I couldn't get the one piece to lock in place. Took the two RR seat bolt posts out and it was all good. lol

I took the bike out for a ride. I'm 6'2 with a 32 inseam and I'm on my balls of my toes vs. flat footing it on the SC Sport-Touring comfort seat.

But, that is what I wanted... a 'taller' seat. I feel a little cramped on the stock seat height. Should be more comfy now on long rides on the street.

If I ride off road on some technical rides, I may have to go back to the SC Sport-Touring seat. So I can reach the ground for better footing when riding on rocks or on a rutty trail.

I'll give the seat foam some time to break in, to see if it settles a little and I can put more of my foot on the ground.

Definitely more comfy, you can feel the thicker foam with the thinner and lower profile seat pan. I dig it!

A slightly dirty T7...

4bCHo5Q.jpg

EBpbNQ5.jpg

fzrXLDw.jpg

• Like 4

Between the last couple posts, it looks like the actual seat pad is moved back on the tall over the comfort.

9 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

Order #101001

Hmmm... it appears there is  no rhyme or reason as to what order SC are sending out the group buy seats. They are definitely not sending them out in any sequential order number - at all.  I am right behind REDHORSECA order number wise and I have yet to get an email. Others with way higher order numbers have also already received their seats. Oh well, I guess it'll get here when it gets here. 

Order #102571

I got an email titled “order update” but it basically just says….no update

Is this the email you guys have been getting prior to delivery? 

• Moderators

@ManBearPig On July 7th, I received an " Order Update" email, then on July 30th, I received an "Order Fullfilled" email, followed by a separate email from UPS with tracking details.  HTH.

So this is the first ADV bike I've owned and first time I'm considering buying an aftermarket seat. Wondering if someone can help me come to a decision on which seat would be the best fit for me. For reference, I'm 6'1" and around 200lbs without gear. Inseam is probably about 32".

I like to do technical riding, mostly double track with some hill climbs and rocky terrain. Some single track mixed in. I honestly don't have any issues with the stock seat this far when it comes to riding dirt. I do, however, also do 6-7 hour day trips with friends riding back highways and dear lord does my butt start to hurt after 2-3 hours. If I'm riding somewhat hard, then I'm often riding with the balls of my feet on my pegs and scooting my butt off the seat, but if I'm otherwise logging highway miles casually, it feels like I'm sitting on a 2" x 4" after a few hours. I haven't adjusted my suspension at all, so perhaps stiffening things up will improve things to some extent. Additional leg room isn't a massive concern for me at the moment, as my butt gets sore long before my legs start to cramp.

I do plan on going moto camping and doing cross country trips as well. I would like more comfort while logging highway miles without compromising my ability to effectively ride tough technical terrain or impede my ability to lean into corners on back roads. As far as I can tell, that means I don't want a taller seat (tougher to get a foot down in the dirt) or one that will make it difficult to change my body position and balance while riding twisties or standing in the rough stuff (so not too grippy?).

To me, the standard height comfort seat makes the most sense on paper, but I want to be as open minded as possible. I don't really see the appeal of the Rally seats, but that's probably largely due to ignorance on my side. Right now, for longer day trips I have makeshift seat cushion that I fashioned out of memory foam and some fabric which I tie with string to the top of my seat. It's pretty ugly, but it works quite well, so I don't care. The problem is it shifts around on the seat as I ride twisties or stand while riding dirt. Anyways, open to suggestions!