Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

Mine is at home waiting for me (1 piece tall comfort)  There’s no trick to putting it on is there?  I’ve not done the seat mod yet. I’m assuming I just leave the bolts out that hold down the back of the front seat pan.. Then the new one locks in with key? 

12 hours ago, MoPops said:

I’m assuming I just leave the bolts out that hold down the back of the front seat pan..

Then the new one locks in with key? Yes!

• Like 1

Got my new one piece low comfort.  It took some doing to get it on but it snaps in good.  The only issue is that it's wider than the 2 piece low comfort they made so it hits the SW-Motech rack on the ends.  I'll have to see if this starts to wear the cover and then possibly shave some foam back at this point.

PXL_20210803_154939847.jpg

PXL_20210803_154913417.jpg

PXL_20210803_154922351.MP.jpg

Edited by Gekkdroid
  • Like 1

Just completed my first ride on the SeatConcepts 1 piece comfort tall. What an improvement! I was on the Yamaha rallye (north american version), which was a  good height for 35" inseam, but without sit-bone support, really uncomfortable in less than an hour. 

The Seatconcepts was great, all day without any numbness!
woohoo!

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 3:26 PM, scridercoach said:

Unlike when I jumped on the pre-order for the bike the minute it opened (only to wait forever).  I waited till the very last second and placed my order today!!! lol.  Standard comfort.  Pretty sure it will fit with my Tusk rack, guess we'll see.

Just got mine today. Standard comfort - fits great with the Tusk rack!

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4078.jpeg

• Like 5

Update:

After first ride, Standard Comfort = Happy Butt.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Sorry for the late reply. Got locked out after a computer update and then sidetracked. For those wondering the rhyme or reason the order of the seats being shipped, we build the seats in order of them being placed but also as we have the covers in stock.

• Like 1

My tall comfort went right on.  I’ll get a few hundred miles on it today.   Seems like a huge improvement and looks good to me.  Plus I can still flat foot on it.  Could be because I’m 235 lbs, and haven’t added my new rear shock spring yet.  Ha!  6’5” also.. 

• Like 1

One piece standard comfort with low slip cover received and installed today. I removed the front seat mod rear bolts, slid the front tongue into its housing, pushed down the mid mounting hooks into their slots, pushed and pulled the rear of the seat forward and it clicked right in. It’s a tight fit, a quick install and no problem with the Tusk racks. I took it for a short lunch time ride, looking forward to a longer test ride.

4994F1A6-A1CA-43C7-A517-0A0E8D59AF1A.thumb.jpeg.3567fbab0d2c2bccda3157cdda8e701f.jpegFEBCCFA2-39F6-4B2D-8748-157EAD14DD5E.thumb.jpeg.3a7095af890c33cd11df4e760c516910.jpeg

• Like 1

Got my seat, fit is good, but I hate the cover. Mine has some faux suede like stuff on top, me no likee. This seat cover will suck up the water and mud. Gonna have to send it back-

Got about 170 miles in today on mine.  Huge improvement!   The extra height helps the old knees, and it gets my head up into calmer air.  I’m very happy with the tall comfort.  Did a lot of gravel.  No difference.  Can’t feel the seat when standing.  

Can't wait to put some miles on the seat. I can now put the balls of my feet down instead of tippy toeing. Will definitely help when going off-road. 

20210803_202534.jpg

20210803_202832.jpg

20210803_202851.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firebolter said:

Got my seat, fit is good, but I hate the cover. Mine has some faux suede like stuff on top, me no likee. This seat cover will suck up the water and mud. Gonna have to send it back-

Which fabric did you order? There are 3 options.

8 hours ago, MoPops said:

My tall comfort went right on.  I’ll get a few hundred miles on it today.   Seems like a huge improvement and looks good to me.  Plus I can still flat foot on it.  Could be because I’m 235 lbs, and haven’t added my new rear shock spring yet.  Ha!  6’5” also.. 

I’m 6’5 as well and recently ordered the tall rally seat, but wondering if I should have ordered the tall comfort seat instead. Can you post some pics? How wide is it, does it interfere at all with being able to move around while standing for off road maneuvering?

Edited by Camstyn
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Today I received my tall comfort, low slip top, carbon sides, 1 piece that took some " English " to get it on. Word to the wise, first gear is your friend,  I had to push down and forward with enough force that pushing it off the side stand was a real possibility.  Subsequent removals and fitting went a little better,  but tool kit retention is different than my Tall Rally.  Feels better and my 6'1" frame with a 36" inseam still can flat foot in tennis shoes, so no change there from the Tall Rally. Road test tomorrow,  butt I think I'm going to like this one. 

20210804_175142.thumb.jpg.f32f9c872d9a161d03e38dd51379a71b.jpg20210804_175230.thumb.jpg.be801de7e56b4f03f89e7d191575e258.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Looking through these pics of you guys that have gotten yours I notice several different materials. I ordered “low slip” but I’m not sure what it looks like. Any of you guys that have posted pics recently get the “low slip”?

• Moderators

@Camstyn @ManBearPig

Here's some pics of my SC Tall Comfort, low slip, carbon sides 1 piece seat. HTH

20210804_171809.thumb.jpg.4053cfaa005e39988eda765f88d9b5a9.jpg

20210804_171559.thumb.jpg.7b159ac938c75536d22ae0ecbb19fc32.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Looking through these pics of you guys that have gotten yours I notice several different materials. I ordered “low slip” but I’m not sure what it looks like. Any of you guys that have posted pics recently get the “low slip”?

See more of my low slip standard comfort pics about 6-8 posts up.

F98DA153-9CEA-46C5-B4B9-7D1BB8BECCCF.thumb.jpeg.09e05d9c21e3b3040190a1afb74fdcfe.jpeg

On 8/1/2021 at 2:50 PM, TeabagInsurance said:

So this is the first ADV bike I've owned and first time I'm considering buying an aftermarket seat. Wondering if someone can help me come to a decision on which seat would be the best fit for me. For reference, I'm 6'1" and around 200lbs without gear. Inseam is probably about 32".

I like to do technical riding, mostly double track with some hill climbs and rocky terrain. Some single track mixed in. I honestly don't have any issues with the stock seat this far when it comes to riding dirt. I do, however, also do 6-7 hour day trips with friends riding back highways and dear lord does my butt start to hurt after 2-3 hours. If I'm riding somewhat hard, then I'm often riding with the balls of my feet on my pegs and scooting my butt off the seat, but if I'm otherwise logging highway miles casually, it feels like I'm sitting on a 2" x 4" after a few hours. I haven't adjusted my suspension at all, so perhaps stiffening things up will improve things to some extent. Additional leg room isn't a massive concern for me at the moment, as my butt gets sore long before my legs start to cramp.

I do plan on going moto camping and doing cross country trips as well. I would like more comfort while logging highway miles without compromising my ability to effectively ride tough technical terrain or impede my ability to lean into corners on back roads. As far as I can tell, that means I don't want a taller seat (tougher to get a foot down in the dirt) or one that will make it difficult to change my body position and balance while riding twisties or standing in the rough stuff (so not too grippy?).

To me, the standard height comfort seat makes the most sense on paper, but I want to be as open minded as possible. I don't really see the appeal of the Rally seats, but that's probably largely due to ignorance on my side. Right now, for longer day trips I have makeshift seat cushion that I fashioned out of memory foam and some fabric which I tie with string to the top of my seat. It's pretty ugly, but it works quite well, so I don't care. The problem is it shifts around on the seat as I ride twisties or stand while riding dirt. Anyways, open to suggestions!

Same boat. I went with the tall rally seat. I wanted comfort, but I am a very small person (butt-wise, hehe) so the extra space of the comfort would only be more of a hindrance to me and my Pillion rider. I would like to order a comfort seat low some day, but for the time being I need something that I can use somewhat comfortably on long camping trips, but also very aggressively offroad when every inch counts. We'll see how it goes when I receive my rally seat!

Edited by loneranger700

13 hours ago, Camstyn said:

I’m 6’5 as well and recently ordered the tall rally seat, but wondering if I should have ordered the tall comfort seat instead. Can you post some pics? How wide is it, does it interfere at all with being able to move around while standing for off road maneuvering?

I took a couple of pics, but the bike is back in my garage, and we just got the driveway sealed.  I can’t get it out for a while.  The pics are horrible.  I didn’t see or feel any difference between the original seat and the tall comfort when standing.  I did not go on any really steep descents.  That would be about the only time you might feel it.  It just doesn’t seem that much wider, but it is because it’s so much more comfortable.  Doesn’t seem that much taller, but it is.  My knees were thanking me.  I couldn’t tell much difference with putting my feet down.  I had an AirHawk and a sheep skin on the factory seat. So it was elevated a bit already.  Good foam and width for me.  Looks fine also.  I just got the standard coverings.  It’s not slippery, if anything it’s less.   Hope this helps.  Sorry about the pics.  

Thanks for the "low slip" pics. 

To be honest, I'm not a fan of this. It's what I ordered but for some reason was thinking it would be closer to what they call "gripper".

I emailed and asked to change my order since it hasnt been made yet. They are willing to do that, but would put me at the back of the list....another 8-10 weeks

Hmm

Been putting in some dirt miles on the tall rally today. Works great. Doesn’t do much for comfort in terms of softer foam or width, but the extra leg room is great and it’s flatter so more comfortable moving back and forth. No issues off road with my 33” inseam.