Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

5 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Thanks for the "low slip" pics. 

To be honest, I'm not a fan of this. It's what I ordered but for some reason was thinking it would be closer to what they call "gripper".

I emailed and asked to change my order since it hasnt been made yet. They are willing to do that, but would put me at the back of the list....another 8-10 weeks

Hmm

The low slip has plenty of “grip”. I had to lift off the seat to adjust position wearing Carhartt jeans. 

My std comfort seat seems a bit firm compared to the stock narrower  seat . . . or, my 300 Rally seat.  

Hopefully, it will soften up.  Must be the wider/flatter characteristics.

B9FB6A82-17BB-45D5-8762-5FD799F9E07F.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Like 1

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

My KLR Sargent seat was shaped similar to this SC standard comfort seat, flatter and wider than the oem. I was asked how I liked it after a 10 day ride exploring the QC Gaspe and NB North Shore and interior.

It wasn’t that it was softer, or more plush, or more firm, or more supportive. I simply did not even notice the seat after day after day of riding for 10 days. This is what I hope for with this SC seat.

• Like 2

The  1pc SC seat is a very snug fit due to the thick 5/16” rubber pads.  

A 3/16” rubber insert would be easer to fit on the bike.

I replaced  my rubber pads with nylon retainer clips and it slides right on very easy.  Plus, it is 1/4” lower :-).

9F562C47-6002-44EC-9976-22AE59615491.jpeg

1E7C2FB0-A114-4923-B209-4F407D702497.jpeg

Edited by Tom McDonough
  • Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

The seat should start on the firmer side. It you feel the seat is kind of firm then it should settle in. If you feel the seat is very firm than it can be changed out to a softer one. Some seats like the low will always be firm as there is not much there for cushion. If you feel you need a softer foam you can contact our customer service at info@seatconcepts.com and they will walk you through the process. 

• Like 7

Received my notice should have the seat on Tuesday,  order# 101000 standard comfort low slip.

Edited by alpha 1

Man I’m getting excited, hope I can get mine prior to my mid September NEBDR trip!

The seats look real nice on bikes so far 

Mike

• Like 1

I reaceived my tall comfort seat today!
First of all thanks to @Seat Conceptsfor the opportunity to have you awesome products with discount, much appreciated, really 🙂

The seat looks gorgeous, much better than I expected, and much much better than competitors seats (I only know the Touratech one).
I'm 192 cm tall and 100 Kg, and I was used to the Yamaha Rally seath, which was perfect for me regarding height, I would prefer a little more height but it was ok.
The tall comfort seat makes me feel a little bit more taller than the rally seat, which is fantastic for me, but maybe it's only the weight distribution of my butt which makes me feel that way.
Thanks to this I can also work much better on my gear and brake pedals.

The foam inside is a little more softer than the rally seat, and I can feel there's much more of it inside the seat, in fact it's way more comfortable, not only because it's wider, but also because it absorbs much better anything coming from the road.
During acceleration or while changing direction I can feel it compressing and releasing, It's a little strange feeling for me (remember I'm used to the rally seat which is hard as a rock compared to this seat), but I'm already used to it.

For those concerned about offroad or riding while standing on the footpegs I can guarantee you have noting to worry about; while you stand up the seat feels exactly as the rally seat, there's no interference between your legs.

For now I did only a small trip with it, but while I'm riding it feels like I'm sitting on my couch, can't wait to do the first long trip with it!

t7_seat3.jpg

t7_seat2.jpg

t7_seat1.jpg

Edited by Tasslehoff
  • Like 2

Took my Low Comfort, Low Slip seat to an upholstery shop and had them shave down the sides 1/2" to fit my rack.  Now it's perfect. 

After

PXL_20210809_152036153.jpg

PXL_20210809_151954525.jpg

PXL_20210809_151940014.jpg

Before 

PXL_20210803_154922351.MP.jpg

PXL_20210803_154939847.jpg

Edited by Gekkdroid
  • Like 2

just an fyi for those still waiting. I ordered a Standard/low slip top/carbon sides, on June 2nd.

order # was 101042.

I just got my shipping confirmation today. Should be here Wed.

My seat came last Thursday.  One piece – comfort- regular height,  carbon fiber sides and diamante vinyl top.  I had a ‘ball/tail’ tailbone channel installed like all my other seat concept seats.  Yeah, I know, I am old.  Very comfortable.  I have a SW Motech rack and it fits snug along the side of the seat in one area but it is not too bad.  I wanted a more slippery surface so I can move around.  My seat for my FJ was all carbon fiber which I really like but I did not see that option.  So much better than the stock seat.  Seat Concept talked me into the regular height seat vs. the low one.  I am 5’9 ¾ tall so I am on the balls of my feet not tippy toe so it is fine.  It was kind of tough installing it the first time.  Like a new holster.  I loosened up the ‘hooks’ on the seat base and that helped getting it on.  Yes, I put the bike in first gear so it would not move.  Well worth the money.  I have their seats on all my bikes past and present. 

t7 1.jpg

t7 2.jpg

t73.jpg

• Like 3

FYI, I had order #101072 made on June 3rd and it just arrived in Canada. 

Cheers

-Bob

Received, installed and took a short ride with my standard height comfort seat yesterday. Looks great and I like how light it is. Foam is firm the way I like it, and initial impression is that it'll be much better than OEM. But, I was disappointed to find it's taller than the OEM standard seat. I'm comfortably on the balls of both feet with the OEM standard, but on my toes with this one just like I was with the 20mm higher OEM Rally seat that came with my bike when I bought it.

I removed all of the rubber bumpers under the SC seat except for the two at the very rear, and it was much easier fitting it to the bike like that and dropped the height a bit, but still not where I was with the OEM standard seat. Will ride it like this and see if it settles in, but if not I'll have to install lowering links. Experience has proven many times for me that often the difference between dropping the bike off-road or saving it is whether it's toes or balls of the feet touching down.

20210811_152958.thumb.jpg.fb8e8d6e8003d14270a387307d86cd82.jpg

Edit: Comparing the below pic of the OEM standard seat to the above SC comfort standard, the OEM seat is clearly lower at the rider area. Unfortunately, the claim of stock height for SC seat didn't quite hold true here. 

20210710_160627.thumb.jpg.e654295195a38c8f1d49cfc9973cc16b.jpg

Edit #2:  Below is a pic when the OEM +20mm Rally seat was on the bike, and this looks to me about the same height as the SC standard comfort seat (first pic above), which my legs tell me is accurate. I'm using rearward point of the tank's side cover as the reference point for all three seats. 

20210430_164615.thumb.jpg.400942819ad7a0abdcc572b34d20ed23.jpg

Just providing this info for consideration of future seat buyers.

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Received, installed and took a short ride with my standard height comfort seat yesterday. Looks great and I like how light it is. Foam is firm the way I like it, and initial impression is that it'll be much better than OEM. But, I was disappointed to find it's taller than the OEM standard seat. I'm comfortably on the balls of both feet with the OEM standard, but on my toes with this one just like I was with the 20mm higher OEM Rally seat that came with my bike when I bought it.

I removed all of the rubber bumpers under the SC seat except for the two at the very rear, and it was much easier fitting it to the bike like that and dropped the height a bit, but still not where I was with the OEM standard seat. Will ride it like this and see if it settles in, but if not I'll have to install lowering links. Experience has proven many times for me that often the difference between dropping the bike off-road or saving it is whether it's toes or balls of the feet touching down.

20210811_152958.thumb.jpg.fb8e8d6e8003d14270a387307d86cd82.jpg

With the stock seat I could barely tippy toe but now with the one piece low comfort seat I can put the balls of my feet on the ground. 

Edited by Shift_T700

Just a brief review after spending four full days riding about 50/50 off road and highway with the Standard Comfort seat.

Height wise it feels about the same to me as the stock seat, maybe even a touch lower since my butt sinks into the seat more. I can almost flat foot in my boots if I'm all the way forward on pavement (I'm 5' 11").

Comfort wise its simply night and day from the stock seat.. I was able to ride over 9 hours in the saddle on a mix of dirt mountain passes and highway with almost zero discomfort (with the stock seat I would have had major pain by the end of a day like that). This seat has really transformed my experience with the bike and I highly recommend it to everyone. Two of the days I was doing an off road training program so I can also say there is no issue with mobility when doing technical off road riding.

Thanks a bunch to SeatConcepts for putting together this seat and giving us an opportunity to get it at a discount!

• Like 5

Put some miles on my std comfort. . . I am getting used to it.

It seems the same height as the OEM.

Had a nice view from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

70EC6B10-5340-4D68-A8F0-47507384D595.jpeg

3AA33CA3-1E05-4AC9-8677-FB1FE6A95336.jpeg

• Like 5

Got the seat last week, standard comfort. Did a long ride this weekend, 700-800kms. Absolutely unbearable, I do such rides with the stock seat and have even done 1100kms with okay results. 

Pretty disappointed, and started getting leg cramps aswell, feel the wider tray at the back pinches the inside of the legs and circulation. Also it feels a bit awkward when cornering. It also feels a bit lower than OEM, and more sited in the bike. Maybe I should have gone with a Tall Rally for better results. 

Also the fitment isn't very good, there is a significant gap at the front of the seat where it meets the tank, and a lot of dust/water/junk gets sucked in and into the air filter. 

Anyway, if anyone in Ontario is interested in a new standard comfort seat, let me know, only used for one ride, I will be selling it. 

Edited by ScorpionT16

Finally got my standard comfort installed. Took a while in shipping, I think due to the landslides on I70.

Anyway.

The good:

Beautiful seat. well built. 

fits my butt great and no issue when standing.

The neither good or bad:

The seat if pretty firm. I though it would have more cushion. I assume it will break in with use.

I am coming from an AirHawk pad which is awesome. I will most likely still use the AirHawk since it fits perfectly in the butt pan.

The Bad:

It is a pain to install. Well, at least it was. The little guide post next the latch bent and broke trying to install it the first time. I thought I had it pushed all the way forward and the hooks were correct. The post even felt correct but it would latch. Finally it gave only after the plastic post gave way. 

Needless to say, it installs much easier now.  🙂

There is a gap between the tank and the seat as posted above by ScorpionT16. Not sure if that is why the post broke because it still needed to go forward more?? 

It is tight but it does fit with the Adventure Spec tail rack installed.

Summary:

Take this with a grain of salt since I havent done a long ride yet, but while it looks great, fits my bum great, I probably wouldnt buy a 1 piece again if I had to do it over again. I think the 2 piece seat is much easier to manipulate and install. I think they have a two piece of pretty much the same seat.

• Supporting Vendor

Wanted to address some of yours concern for densities of your seat. If you feel the seat is too firm you can send it back for a one time exchange of the foam. We do suggest you ride it 1000 miles of mixed terrain or 2000 of straight on-road. This will help cycle the foam and settle in. If you feel the foam is very firm to start with then it will not get soft enough. It it is just a little firm then it will probably settle in to where you want.  As you can see, everyone has a different idea of what is comfortable in density and we provide what we feel is the best for the masses.  Please contact customer service at- info @ seatconcepts.com (no spaces)

• Like 4

On 8/6/2021 at 8:10 AM, Tom McDonough said:

The  1pc SC seat is a very snug fit due to the thick 5/16” rubber pads.  

A 3/16” rubber insert would be easer to fit on the bike.

I replaced  my rubber pads with nylon retainer clips and it slides right on very easy.  Plus, it is 1/4” lower :-).

9F562C47-6002-44EC-9976-22AE59615491.jpeg

1E7C2FB0-A114-4923-B209-4F407D702497.jpeg

Hi Tom, I like your solution.  Are those readily available and where would you suggest to get them from?  I am in Canada.  Thanks!

I bought a variety pak via Amazon.  A local auto store should have a selection.  Or, just remove the rubber pads.

848CB2AB-1806-4A5E-BA89-87D7AFD42623.jpeg

It may be a wise move to just ride it for a while and see how the rubber pads break-in. I would be worried that the lower pads will break-in leaving the seat a little loose.

Mine wasn't that difficult to put on and after a few hundred miles of dirt riding it does seem easier, probably after a few hundred more it will be perfect.   

Recieved my One Piece Low Comfort seat a couple weeks ago and as I had the bike apart for some other mods, I only finally got a longer ride in last Sunday for about 5 hours. This seat is much more comfortable than the two piece I had on there. On the old seat I was against the hump, this one is farther back and gives me a little more room to move around. The added width is more supportive and doesn't get in my way when I slid back standing on a downhill.

I'm looking forward to some longer rides when it gets cooler.

spacer.png

Edited by norton73
  • Like 1

I have found I was slid back too far.  I moved my bars up a bit and sit on the widest seat area and it is much more comfortable.

All is well . . . very nice first class seat.

Thanks again for the awesome group discount🙂

Keep up the great job,

Tom