Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

Really got the new tall comfort broke in last week.  650 miles in CO.  I’m totally happy with it.  Huge improvement over the stock seat.  Good with standing for long stretches.   The increased height helped the knees.  

9DEDF14F-1FD5-4603-896D-8C177B2EFF83.jpeg

September BDR ride is fast approaching. Hoping my seat will make it here before I have to leave, my luck always turns out that it will arrive the day after I set off.

Was hoping since ,y order number was lower it would get to me soon,  it I suppose my combo of the seat cover is what made it take longer. 

Glad to see most everyone likes theirs though, I’m excited to get mine whenever it does come, and I’ll get plenty of use out of it in the years to come, no doubt!

Mike

• Like 2

Ok i get that things are slow.. but 12 weeks now? And 3 1/2 weeks ago i was told it should be done in 1 to 2 weeks. Has ANYONE received a tall rally or a rally in general? Everytime i ask them i get the same answer "1 to 2 more weeks, and covid has slowed us down" come on give me a detailed reason or explanation as to where my seat is in the lineup 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NPStoner said:

Ok i get that things are slow.. but 12 weeks now? And 3 1/2 weeks ago i was told it should be done in 1 to 2 weeks. Has ANYONE received a tall rally or a rally in general? Everytime i ask them i get the same answer "1 to 2 more weeks, and covid has slowed us down" come on give me a detailed reason or explanation as to where my seat is in the lineup 

I know they mentioned there was something with the specific covers that was holding up some seats. I'm just assuming the coverI picked, which was probably the diamante or whatever its called, is one of the affected ones. 

Not too worried about it, it will show up eventually. I also have not even emailed them about it either, I figure they can answer emails or build seats. 

Probably could reduce the emails if they just posted in the thread here, that would be a few folks that could get the info all at once. 

Mike

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NPStoner said:

I got my tall rally maybe a month ago. Great seat. 

Just now, The Rizz said:

I got my tall rally maybe a month ago. Great seat. 

Ok now im annoyed lol, how does it compare in long distance comfort to stock? 

1 hour ago, NPStoner said:

Ok now im annoyed lol, how does it compare in long distance comfort to stock? 

still hard as a schoolboy at a strip club but having the extra height helps straighten out the knees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor

NPStonerI just looked up your order and we are waiting on the foam to be produced.  See below.

Just a heads up for everyone, we have had some loss in production lately with our foam pouring machine. Luckily we have been able to keep patching it up but this has caused production delays. We are still waiting on our new machine but like everything else out there the machine has been delayed to us. We are doing the best we can with the high demand and delayed suppliers. If any of you cannot accept this and would like a refund just email us at info@seatconcepts.com and we will cancel your order. We want everyone to be happy with their seat purchase and doing what we can.

Rizz if you want to return that foam for a softer one we do offer a one time exchange. You  have 6 months to take advantage of this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seat Concepts said:

NPStonerI just looked up your order and we are waiting on the foam to be produced.  See below.

Just a heads up for everyone, we have had some loss in production lately with our foam pouring machine. Luckily we have been able to keep patching it up but this has caused production delays. We are still waiting on our new machine but like everything else out there the machine has been delayed to us. We are doing the best we can with the high demand and delayed suppliers. If any of you cannot accept this and would like a refund just email us at info@seatconcepts.com and we will cancel your order. We want everyone to be happy with their seat purchase and doing what we can.

Rizz if you want to return that foam for a softer one we do offer a one time exchange. You  have 6 months to take advantage of this. 

No problem.

This is the world we live in now, for better or worse.  I'm of a bit older age, but still remember when you actually had to wait for things.  We live in a world of instant gratification now, and in turn as a society, have become pretty damn impatiaent and expect everything NOW!.  However, a lot of things are now out of retailers, suppliers and the logistics companies control.  So my best advice to everyone who's waiting, including me, is to relax, know SC is doing the best they can and just go ride.... yes, you're butt may hurt a little, but I'd rather go ride with a sore butt than sit on my ass not riding...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

No problem.

This is the world we live in now, for better or worse.  I'm of a bit older age, but still remember when you actually had to wait for things.  We live in a world of instant gratification now, and in turn as a society, have become pretty damn impatiaent and expect everything NOW!.  However, a lot of things are now out of retailers, suppliers and the logistics companies control.  So my best advice to everyone who's waiting, including me, is to relax, know SC is doing the best they can and just go ride.... yes, you're butt may hurt a little, but I'd rather go ride with a sore butt than sit on my ass not riding...

Yes to everything above and get an airhawk while you wait.  It's great on the stock seat and fits perfect on the SC seat.

I have an AirHawk I used as a bandaid to get me through til my SC seat arrived.  I’m no longer using it.   If someone want it I’ll send it to them.  I used it with a sheepskin and it was ok.   It’s the smaller one. An adventure, or dual sport, or dirt bike version.  Just send me a pm.  
jeff

What order number are we up to now? I doubt I'll get my hard adventure seat before the upcoming rally, but I'm okay rocking the stock seat for the time being. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:56 AM, Seat Concepts said:

if you want to return that foam for a softer one we do offer a one time exchange. You  have 6 months to take advantage of this.

Would I need to remove *just* the foam and send it or send the whole seat over?

Order #101003

One Piece Rally-Low-Hard Adventure 2.0

Received September 1st...

Be patient, it was worth the wait!!

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2948[13707].jpg

IMG_2949[13708].jpg

IMG_2951[13706].jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, straydog371 said:

Order #101003

One Piece Rally-Low-Hard Adventure 2.0

Received September 1st...

Be patient, it was worth the wait!!

Looks incredible!  Let us know comfort level when you get a chance 🙂

Edited by pgeldz

Low Rally has been excellent. Feels as hard as stock two-piece but narrower where I need it to be. I was able to change my Soupy links back closer to stock that made my rear suspension feel closer to where it was when I bought it (with a heavier rear spring).

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting everything dialed in and the low rally is a big part of that. If you're still waiting, it's probably worth the wait.

Edited by NotGoodAtUsrnms

1 hour ago, NotGoodAtUsrnms said:

Low Rally has been excellent. Feels as hard as stock two-piece but narrower where I need it to be. I was able to change my Soupy links back closer to stock that made my rear suspension feel closer to where it was when I bought it (with a heavier rear spring).

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting everything dialed in and the low rally is a big part of that. If you're still waiting, it's probably worth the wait.

Awesome!  It looks like from the stats they published, it's 8 inches across, where the stock says 7 inches.  Not a giant difference, but I have a small behind, so an inch will distribute the weight better and of course narrower is much welcomed!  Can't wait to get mine!

Edited by pgeldz

13 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Anyone else still waiting for their seats? I ordered min 7/2, a little over 10 weeks ago. 

My order date may not help you, but I ordered mine on basically the last day I could, 7/30.  So the obvious answer is I don't have mine yet.  Just practicing patience.  I know they're trying to turn them around as quickly as they can.

I was going to shoot them an email as well (already had it typed up), but after reading their update  on this thread, I think I'll hold off. I appreciate their transparency and am totally fine with waiting longer for my order. Things are indeed so slow these days, but hey that's just the world we live in right now.

(for reference, I ordered 6/29)

Edited by loneranger700

12 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I emailed to ask, and Just got my tracking info today. Not sure if it’s because I raised it to their attention, or if it was just coincidence. 

I got mine last night too. Tall Rally Seat.

#101332 Ordered 8th June.

Should be here later this week!

9to5adv.com

• Supporting Vendor

Doniv-You can send back the whole seat or just the foam. Since you ordered the complete seat I would send the complete back and we will do the foam swap.

I bought the Yamaha BW3-F47C0-T0-00 RALLY SEAT KIT and while I do like the seat better it raises me just enough that I am not comfortable on gravel/loose surface stops...not much room to spare on the reach.  Anybody want to swap a Seat Concepts stnd. comfort for a Yamaha rally???

On 9/1/2021 at 10:05 AM, NPStoner said:

I got my low rally the first week they started shipping