Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat Concepts 700 seats

Seat Concepts

On 10/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, loneranger700 said:

I got my tall seat in last weekend.

It feels so incredibly nice, but I think there is an issue with fitment. It definitely is warped a bit on the left side, which causes it to not seat properly on the bike. So kind of a bummer.

IMG_2700.jpeg

IMG_2716.jpeg

IMG_2699.jpg

What did SC say?  I personally would not accept that. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, roygilbo said:

Thanks for your observations.  I am wondering if you find the reach to the ground higher than the stock seat?  I was at the dealer and sat on a fellow T7's rally seat and it actually felt better than the stock (less square across the top?)  How do you find the tall comfort height wise from the stock?  Your analysis is much appreciated.  Thanks. I f

Hi Roy,

Sorry to say, my comparison in reach to the ground most recently is with the Tall Rally that I put on last spring.  Both that and the SC Tall Comfort are similar, but the Tally Rally with it's more narrow profile is easier to reach the ground, regardless of where your butt is located on the seat.  I find with the SC Tall Comfort that if making an off camber stop, I find myself sliding up some on the seat to get better footing, but that's to get a flat foot down.  WIth my 36" inseam, I don't find many situations where I cannot at least get my foot on the ground for stability.  As far as the stock seat, I found it too low and didn't like the knee angle, hence my purchase of the Tall Rally and the SC.  Hope this helps.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Had to take my tall comfort one piece off yesterday.  Adding a plug to the battery for a heated jacket.   Pretty tough to get the seat off.  I didn’t have any trouble getting the seat on in the first place, but coming off was a challenge.  Just used a bit of brute force getting those middle catches to release.   
then I did notice the front of the seat is a little rough.  I guess it had been hidden by the tank bag?   Not sure.  But it is a little rough around the front edge.  
Oh well, it’s way more comfortable than the stock seat, and price was reasonable compared to many.  

On 11/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, AZJW said:

Hi Roy,

Sorry to say, my comparison in reach to the ground most recently is with the Tall Rally that I put on last spring.  Both that and the SC Tall Comfort are similar, but the Tally Rally with it's more narrow profile is easier to reach the ground, regardless of where your butt is located on the seat.  I find with the SC Tall Comfort that if making an off camber stop, I find myself sliding up some on the seat to get better footing, but that's to get a flat foot down.  WIth my 36" inseam, I don't find many situations where I cannot at least get my foot on the ground for stability.  As far as the stock seat, I found it too low and didn't like the knee angle, hence my purchase of the Tall Rally and the SC.  Hope this helps.

That did, thanks!  I find after standing on my pegs for a length of time and then sitting back down, if feels I sink into the bike.  My legs are parallel to the bike, hence I am going for a tall comfort.

• Like 1

I wanted to follow-up to my original post after having spent some quality time with the SC Tall Comfort. Half my riding has been what I call Dual-Sport (half highway/half 2-track dirt roads) and the other half long-distance highway (2-4 hours).  My initial reservations about the additional height causing me to have to lean more into the bars is a non-issue as soon as I'm moving.  My initial observation about not noticing the seat is still true even with longer seat times.

The increased seat width is a good fit to my hips - more contact area, less pressure per square inch. The padding achieves a good balance between firm enough to be supportive without being hard. It's not like a plant my butt and don't move, I move around a lot because I can.

For rough road riding I have 2 points - padding and lift height.  Over rough terrain I squat a lot. I stand when I need to but mostly just raise up off the seat to let the bike move around under me. When squatting, that first inch from maximum knee bend is the hardest, so having a 1-inch taller seat makes that stand up from the seated position that much easier. That might sound trivial to you young, strong fellows but I have to work within my limited strength, flexibility and conserve energy, so shallower squats are better. The other point is padding. Rough roads tend to pummel your backside when seated. The SC Tall Comfort provides a noticeable cush to the tush for those unexpected whacks that I don't manage to lift up for.

Overall, I'm happy with the seat and glad I got in on the group buy.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking at getting a Seat Concept seat, but not sure which cover option to go with?

Some of the cover options listed for the T7 seats are listed under the "Material Gallery" or mentioned in the "Q: What is the difference in cover materials?"

For example: - Sandpaper Gripper Top or Semi-Grip Top.

Has anyone gone with these options? and can you comment of how much grip these top covers have?

And for all the Canadian T7 owner's, are you purchasing direct from the Seat Concept website, or going through a local dealer that is listed under the Dealer Locator?

1 hour ago, Rocky_Mtn_T7 said:

Looking at getting a Seat Concept seat, but not sure which cover option to go with?

Some of the cover options listed for the T7 seats are listed under the "Material Gallery" or mentioned in the "Q: What is the difference in cover materials?"

For example: - Sandpaper Gripper Top or Semi-Grip Top.

Has anyone gone with these options? and can you comment of how much grip these top covers have?

And for all the Canadian T7 owner's, are you purchasing direct from the Seat Concept website, or going through a local dealer that is listed under the Dealer Locator?

6' 3"  tall and I have the tall comfort SC one piece seat.  Carbon fiber sides and a Gripper top.  I sold a KTM 690 for the T7 upgrade and the KTM  also had a SC seat and a gripper top.  It was perfect, no slipping sliding, chose a seat position and your planted there. I like that.

Mine states "gripper top" so I assume it's the sandpaper gripper top. It's wonderfull and is not phased by the elements.

I would go with the sandpaper gripper top.

• 1 year later...

Can somebody tell me if the Tall Comfort one piece seat potentially fits the Perun rear rack? Or the Outback motortek one?

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

Edited by Oxxa

• 4 months later...

Hello  mates . I just did a 5.500 kms on my tenere 700 on 13 days averaging 500 kms per day on 10 to 12 hour rides with oem seat and my butt suffered  bad. My question is to know your experience with the SC one piece comfort seat. Hopefully on long journeys and maybe long hours on the saddle . I am 5.8 and aprox 150 lbs. Thanks for your comments

• Like 1