Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MWR releases NEW Product Teaser video!!!

BellissiMoto

• Supporting Vendor

UPDATE!!!

First prototype is finished!

117724008_1062310557533767_5337946590214317027_n.thumb.jpg.3dc1bd885886cc04d6a7940847f81834.jpg.52276a09e5e79611af4fc23e1e4003a1.jpg

Definitely looks like it'll flow a TON of air, and still keep out the muck of extreme offroading!

The beauty of this OUTER COVER design is that you can clean it by just rinsing it with water.  No oil is needed.  So if you are on the trails and find a water crossing, you can rinse it right then and there without having to carry extra "pre-filters" and extra oil.

Combined with an MWR Filter underneath, I think this will be the go to solution for extreme protection combined with extreme airflow.

To be clear, it's still meant to be used with a main filter underneath.

🙂

- Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask and you shall receive!!!

Many of you have been messaging me about a pre-filter solution for the MWR Filter and Filter Cover combo.

I've made this known to MWR since day one, but due to COVID-19 our timelines for development have been hard to nail down.

Today, literally just hours ago, I got words (and video) about a BRAND NEW FILTER COVER in development for the Tenere 700.

The new Filter Cover will replace the stock airbox cover/snorkel just like the existing MWR Filter Cover, but this one has a built-in cage on top, and will use a special OUTER cover just like the Factory Rally teams use, for extreme protection in all weather conditions.

Air flow is not affected, and in fact will be better than the stock snorkel with a pre-filter because the new MWR Filter Cover has much more surface area than the OEM snorkel with a pre-filter attached...and we already know the actual MWR Air Filter has more surface area than any other air filter on the market for the Tenere 700.

You get the best of both worlds, better air flow than stock, AND extreme protection in all weather conditions!

These are still in development, and about 4-6 weeks away from having stock ready for sale.  As such retail pricing hasn't been set yet, but as soon as I know I'll pass it on.

Now before anyone sends me hate mail or death threats (joking of course) because they already have the original MWR Filter Cover on order from the group buy (which are shipping to us next week), and now want to switch to the new version after seeing it, here's what I would like to propose:

I'll be more than happy to give you the option to wait for the ver.2 MWR Filter Cover and you just pay the difference.  Only down side is you have to wait, but we will ship the actual Air Filter when they come in next week, and when the new Filter Covers are available, I'll ship it to you for free if you are in the contiguous US.

Last thing I want is for someone to feel duped in getting the original version and then have to buy the new version later if they want extreme protection for all weather conditions.  For 90% of you, the original cover is still the best option and flows the most air.  It's still going to be sold along side the new version, but if you're in the camp that wanted a pre-filter, the new MWR Filter Cover with built-in cage for the new outer cover is the better option.

If you are interested, please reply in this thread so I can get a list going, so when production starts we can meet demand and minimize delays.

🙂

- Paul

List of interested members:

1.  @Cruizin

2. @REDHORSECA

3. @SantacruzT100

4. @Bucket Boy

5. @BlackBart

6. @DORTx2

7. @sbeck09

8. @Alkali x2

9. @MghtyThor69

10. @SociallyStunted

11. @Rider 101

12. @Canzvt

13. @Belgradian

14. @GreatDistances

15. @motojunky2@

• Like 7

• Supporting Vendor
18 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

WTB, please add me to the list.

Done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

You've seen the computer model above, now here is the real thing!

2129516586_MWRTenereCage.thumb.jpg.50be54a7aee58ffd9d2f7c4cfe194e42.jpg

Not sure if that is the final material, or just a quick test 3D print, but these are going into production and I'm going to order a bunch of them (10 to start).

It will have an outer cover for extreme protection from the elements, and a reusable zip tie to secure it.

For those wanting a pre-filter, this should be the best, most free flowing solution available.

Let me know what you think!

🙂

- Paul

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I bet that's just the cage for the foam to fit over. If that's the case, sign me up. That would be way nicer than what I have now.

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, sbeck09 said:

I bet that's just the cage for the foam to fit over. If that's the case, sign me up. That would be way nicer than what I have now.

It wont have foam over it.

I'll have an outer cover for extreme protection from the elements, and a reusable zip tie to secure it.  You will still use a filter underneath, preferable the MWR foam filter, but any filter, even stock, will work.

The special outer covering on the cage is what some of the professional rally teams use, and that's why MWR went this route.  You get the extreme protection, but still have the most free flowing attributes.

For those wanting a pre-filter, this should be the best, most free flowing solution available.

🙂

- Paul

Pardon my ignorance; but to @sbeck09's point; wouldn't the pre-filter over top stop more contaminants?

I'm failing to see what the cage would prevent without a filter over top of it?

I'm assuming anything large enough to be stopped by the cage would never make it past the space between my seat and the frame. 

Appreciate any explanations!

~Al

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
2 minutes ago, Alkali said:

Pardon my ignorance; but to @sbeck09's point; wouldn't the pre-filter over top stop more contaminants?

I'm failing to see what the cage would prevent without a filter over top of it?

I'm assuming anything large enough to be stopped by the cage would never make it past the space between my seat and the frame. 

Appreciate any explanations!

~Al

The cage won't have foam over it.  Instead, it'll have an outer cover for extreme protection from the elements, and a reusable zip tie to secure it.  It's not made from foam like a pre-filter 🙂

The cage is support for the outer cover that will zip tie to it 🙂

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 minute ago, Alkali said:

Curious to see what it'll look like; thanks for the answer! @BellissiMoto

Me too!  I can't wait to see it either!

🙂

• Supporting Vendor
19 hours ago, Alkali said:

Curious to see what it'll look like; thanks for the answer! @BellissiMoto

Ask and you shall receive!  Just got this a few minutes ago!!!

117724008_1062310557533767_5337946590214317027_n.thumb.jpg.3dc1bd885886cc04d6a7940847f81834.jpg

First prototype!

Definitely looks like it'll flow a TON of air, and still keep out the muck of extreme offroading!

The beauty of this OUTER COVER design is that you can clean it by just rinsing it with water.  No oil is needed.  So if you are on the trails and find a water crossing, you can rinse it right then and there without having to carry extra "pre-filters" and extra oil.

Combined with an MWR Filter underneath, I think this will be the go to solution for extreme protection combined with extreme airflow.

🙂

- Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor

The beauty of this OUTER COVER design is that you can clean it by just rinsing it with water.  No oil is needed.  So if you are on the trails and find a water crossing, you can rinse it right then and there without having to carry extra "pre-filters" and extra oil.

To be clear, it's still meant to be used with a main filter underneath.

🙂

- Paul

Count me in for 1 filter  🙂

Edited by Alkali
Friend no longer wants the filter.

• Supporting Vendor
3 minutes ago, DWEL700 said:

I like it!

Have they said how much it will cost yet?

They told me they'll have final retail pricing sometime next week.

I'm going to do an INTRODUCTORY price when they get released instead of a group buy, because I don't want people waiting any longer than they should.

It's basically the same thing, but this way, people don't have to wait until "X" amount of people actually commit or pay to know they will get the special pricing.

Plus, I want one for my own Tenere 700!  And I don't like waiting anymore than you guys do, believe me, haha.

• Like 3

So long as it isn't ridiculous postage to Australia I'm in

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.