Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MWR releases NEW Product Teaser video!!!

BellissiMoto

I would also like to be added to the group buy list please!  Thank you!

• Supporting Vendor

Hi everyone!  Got some more pics today of the finished Outercover!

Look like they made the bottom elasticated, so there is no need for a Zip Tie! (I was hoping they would do this)

🙂

118558553_3335526189847953_2613813944346641603_n.thumb.jpg.b6b3d531576ee946b6de36fc572b6131.jpg

118459994_1481221872070166_4038859202070836982_n.thumb.jpg.76be4030aa53435471cfc8927e9b7b25.jpg

118454532_305631407388762_6604238759841720866_n.thumb.jpg.1d9919ad76408c222cdc9a1147a64fb3.jpg

Still have to see about Retail pricing, and what the introductory pricing will be for Forum members, but this looks to be the most high flowing solution (in conjunction with the main MWR Air Filter) that provides professional-rally-team-protection-against-extreme-conditions that you can buy for a Tenere 700.

The Outercover will be also be available separately, as a replacement.  I don't think you would need another outcover because of cleaning, because the beauty of this design is that you can just rinse it at a water crossing if you are out and about.  No need to carry spare oil and prefilters on a long trip.

But spares are available in case you ripped one perhaps, etc.

As soon as I get more info I'll pass it on...but I'm excited, and definitely getting one of these for myself 🙂

- Paul

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

Ok everyone, I just got pricing.

The new MWR Airbox Filtercage with Outercover for the Tenere 700 will retail for $174.95

Spare Outercovers will retail for $42.95

The introductory price is $140 for Forum members, and $12 shipping to anywhere in the contiguous US.

The introductory price for a spare Outercover is $33.95

International shipping is available, but please PM me with your International mailing address so I can get you an accurate quote.

Please note, this is not an air filter.  It's a filtercage with outercover, that replaces your stock snorkel and lid with much higher flow capabilities, and the same extreme protection that professional rally raid teams use.  The cost reflects the level of flow and protection you'd expect out of such an item professional race teams use.

We are placing an MWR order soon and I'm going to order some of these.  I'm definitely getting one for myself, but how many more we order depends on demand from all of you 🙂

If you want one, please PM me.

- Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I'm sad to report I have some bad news.

The new Filtercage arrived, but further development is needed.  We had some clearance issues that need further tweaks.

Due to production costs and the timeline and development of other products already in the pipeline, I'm not sure if or when this item will be available.  My apologies, but we don't want to make compromises to the product.  Members who pre-paid have been refunded.

The MWR main Filter and Filtercover are still available as always 🙂

Respectfully,

- Paul

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
57 minutes ago, motojunky2@ said:

I still have not received my refund for this yet. What's up with that? I paid with PayPal.

Edward,

I just went to look into this, and their was a note on your receipt that said we had a technical glitch and the refund was incomplete, awaiting action.

Anyway, I just did it myself, and the refund just went through 🙂

You are good to go.  Please allow 24-26 hours for it to display on your financial institutions' statement.

Kind Regards,

- Paul

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Vendor
On 10/8/2020 at 7:20 AM, Desert Mariner said:

Please add me to the list

4 hours ago, Luis Amorim said:

I am interested too.

I am in Europe, Portugal

Cheers

I'm sad to report I have some bad news.

The new Filtercage arrived, but further development is needed.  We had some clearance issues that need further tweaks.

Due to production costs and the timeline and development of other products already in the pipeline, I'm not sure if or when this item will be available.  My apologies, but we don't want to make compromises to the product.  Members who pre-paid have been refunded.

The MWR main Filter and Filtercover are still available as always 🙂

Respectfully,

- Paul

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Greetings Paul, 

Any update on this product? I was looking to buy some filter cleaner, oil, and a second filter and was curious if this filter cage was available yet. Cheers - hope all is well.

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Greetings Paul, 

Any update on this product? I was looking to buy some filter cleaner, oil, and a second filter and was curious if this filter cage was available yet. Cheers - hope all is well.

It's still under development.  I'm waiting for some things to fall into place, and if all goes well, I should have an update around middle of next month.

• Like 1

looks like you guys using HP printer PA12 material from what I can tell. 

Good job Paul!!!

removing the snorkel will increase the airflow and thus run more lean. Do you need to retune the engine to avoid premature wear.

• Supporting Vendor
35 minutes ago, Southcoastbiker said:

removing the snorkel will increase the airflow and thus run more lean. Do you need to retune the engine to avoid premature wear.

Anytime you introduce more air into an already lean engine, it's a very good idea to do some sort of engine management.  We do have solutions available.  PM for details 🙂

- Paul

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, Southcoastbiker said:

I wouldn't run it without a tune. Our bikes are wickedly lean and into the bad range for the engine, over epa rules. 

• 6 months later...

Do we know something new about this?? I think this is the only air box lid / filter system that is really well designed for this bike!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/18/2021 at 12:44 AM, Quercus Petraea said:

Do we know something new about this?? I think this is the only air box lid / filter system that is really well designed for this bike!

Unfortunately not yet...

• 5 months later...

This MWR pre filter cage is exactly what I was looking for. If this isn't available yet, I may have to order the Twin air set up. Please update if this is an option as of yet. Thank you..

• Supporting Vendor
On 3/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, JMac14 said:

This MWR pre filter cage is exactly what I was looking for. If this isn't available yet, I may have to order the Twin air set up. Please update if this is an option as of yet. Thank you..

It is not available yet.  Further testing is needed for clearance under the seat unfortunately.

• 7 months later...