Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Northern California 3 Day Tenere Test

motoAT

• Moderators

My bet South of Leggett & 96 was epic!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Man, that's what i wanted to hear. It was crash protection or performance mods for me. I ordered crash protection and will have to wait on the exhaust. Hoping 2wd does some runs with more affordable exhausts soon. I might be able to squeeze the bank account enough to afford a dominatorR exhaust and tune. Or just do a tune in stock form for now. 

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Hell yeah!

Thank you for the feedback. That's exactly what we experienced after we dialed in our test bike, and we're happy to hear the same thoughts shared from our customers 😁

• Like 1

2wheellogo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looks like you also did FH1 / Titlow Hill, Mina Rd, 162 or maybe Dos Rios Rd... map is a little hard to see details ...  nice route.   Salmon River Rd  is pretty epic.   Really all those roads are great.   I live in Eureka so I'm on much of that route with regularity. 

Looks like you totally missed the Lost Coast though... that's enduro bike heaven.   Check out Usal, King Peak, Bear River Rd, Mattole, Wilder Ridge Rds when you come back!

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

• Moderators
6 hours ago, MeefZah said:

Looks like you also did FH1 / Titlow Hill, Mina Rd, 162 or maybe Dos Rios Rd... map is a little hard to see details ...  nice route.   Salmon River Rd  is pretty epic.   Really all those roads are great.   I live in Eureka so I'm on much of that route with regularity. 

Looks like you totally missed the Lost Coast though... that's enduro bike heaven.   Check out Usal, King Peak, Bear River Rd, Mattole, Wilder Ridge Rds when you come back!

Ah, Titlow road.... did that one on my FJR and made a dental appointment shortly thereafter!   Lost coast, Mattole, etc.. awesome route, did the North Coast Dual Sport Adventure Ride last September with #1 son, good times, need to head that way with the T7. @MeefZahYou live in what I'd call T7 Heaven!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS