Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tail bag

Matth

Hi All

struggling to find a decent tail bag that opens from the top. NOT a roll up and around 10L in size.

ive got the single seat version and needs to mount on there without having to drill through the base.

I want to avoid taking it off to have to unroll it to dig around inside.

i want to pass the strap through the base and tighten, Touratech did a brilliant design called the ambato 

EXP pictured and want some thing like this .

it has an integrated base  so no plastic straps and locks into INSTEAD of the seat with your ign key.

max 10L

Top Opening 

waterproof

non roll top

ideally collapsable when empty

please help chaps!

E2027E56-5FE3-41FA-B8DA-08223958B03D.png

19340E0A-E50D-474B-B938-9A051CAB056C.png

Check out the tail pack/ rally pack from Enduristan....they are on Rugged Roads website,  there is a lot of T7 specific stuff on the site.   Cheers,  Steve 

s-l400.jpg

Enduristan Pannier Topper - Small Enduristan Pannier Topper - Small Enduristan Pannier Topper - Small Enduristan Pannier Topper -...

Your dreams have been answered in this post... Looks amazing, Great quality, 12l and opens from top.. 👍 

Aleks 

Fantastic ladies! Bought the enduristan rally bag. Will match the holes on the single seat cover!

thanks all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

After buying a Enduristan small bag which was just too small I went for the enduristan tail bag: doh i missed it, anyway its almost made to measure and exactly fits in in the single seat conversion.

3EA25352-CDC9-4E86-94C0-AC889CD91C29.jpeg

364C8ED1-02B2-40C7-A8C7-F595AA4FAB3D.jpeg

F0131895-C012-457A-97E7-34A9E3110E93.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matth said:

After buying a Enduristan small bag which was just too small I went for the enduristan tail bag: doh i missed it, anyway its almost made to measure and exactly fits in in the single seat conversion.

3EA25352-CDC9-4E86-94C0-AC889CD91C29.jpeg

364C8ED1-02B2-40C7-A8C7-F595AA4FAB3D.jpeg

F0131895-C012-457A-97E7-34A9E3110E93.jpeg

That looks proper nice.. Enduristan make stuff that is top quality... I'll need this and Blizzard size L... Tool bag and maybe some lyndon organiser's... 🤣🤣

List is long... But can't travel this year so I'll wait and do other mods. 

Aleks 

Very pleased and with my Magadan panniers should be ideal for my TET trip!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

That looks proper nice.. Enduristan make stuff that is top quality... I'll need this and Blizzard size L... Tool bag and maybe some lyndon organiser's... 🤣🤣

List is long... But can't travel this year so I'll wait and do other mods. 

Aleks 

I got all those, just the Blizzard XL. Lyndon organizer is meh, only a few weeks and mine is getting worn through with some holes, the Tool Roll they sell is better value, can hold a bit more too. Their Media Organizer bag is even better yet, hold so much stuff and very handy. 

Enduristan need a better way to organize all the left over strapping, and better instructions how to connect their bags together, also placing their strap points on the fender bag and smaller bags right where the mesh pocket is, is a poor design, as when you strap things down then try to open the bag, it compresses, so you have to mount it inverted, loosing the outside pocket. In hindsight, if they were out, I would have got the Monsoon EVOs, much better value and versatility. 

• Like 1

I like my Ogio tail bag.....used it on my KTM 690 and will be mounting it on my T7.  It has several compartments, is expandable, and comes with a rain cover.

2515120048.jpg

420 dobby nylon / 420D dobby nylon / tarpaulin / textured neoprene

Edited by whisperquiet

I bought Endutistan XS Basr Bag 6L.

Well built, reasonable price and decent capasity.

I can put my tools, tire levers, spare tubes and bicycle pump.

DSC00625.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matth said:

How are they mounted? 

The four straps perfectly line up with the holes so wont slide at all. Very tight fit

Ok change of plan. The enduristan i felt were just too tall and wanted an expandable tail bag so went for the touratech version and even more pleased. Much less height when empty.

0A30ABBE-162F-4EC4-BCD9-C7EBC8EB37BB.jpeg

5046A110-EBD1-45FB-A6A2-658618233F0B.jpeg

DCAB0F72-9629-4234-A858-B19D300B3A6A.jpeg

325E67DA-738B-45D4-B3D1-1AEF4AAE50F1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 6:36 PM, Matth said:

What side rack do you have for the magadan panniers? 

13 hours ago, jojitsu56 said:

What side rack do you have for the magadan panniers? 

I have the original yamaha/givi ones and ive un screwed the two lower locator tabs so panniers dont get damaged. I still think the Magadans are the best bang for buck as i can get my entire camping gear in there. Bed cot one/ table/ poncho/ tent/waterproof sleeping bag cover/ and sleeping bag/ all cooking gear/ clothes/ tools/ tyre repair gunge/ fuel bottle/ water bottles/ and food for two days without putting anything on seat up high. All the weight is down low

2 minutes ago, Matth said:

I have the original yamaha/givi ones and ive un screwed the two lower locator tabs so panniers dont get damaged. I still think the Magadans are the best bang for buck as i can get my entire camping gear in there. Bed cot one/ table/ poncho/ tent/waterproof sleeping bag cover/ and sleeping bag/ all cooking gear/ clothes/ tools/ tyre repair gunge/ fuel bottle/ water bottles/ and food for two days without putting anything on seat up high. All the weight is down low

Yeah, I've had a set for a few years but never actually used them as I find trying to strap them a bit of a faff.. Fine if they are staying attached to the bike and always full, but not ideal for a quick on and off and when empty. 

With mine the two big straps fit over the top and i have one small cam loch which sort of goes like a number 6 ( difficult to describe:))))

take 10 seconds to remove them 

On 8/10/2020 at 12:24 AM, Johnnyboxer said:

Wolfman Peak (older Ballistic nylon version) tail bag

1CEBC616-34A3-404A-9D7A-624036CC7F75.jpeg

Too bad they don't make these anymore.  I *really* want the Rainier tank bag.  I never should have sold it with a previous bike in 2013.  😞