Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sell one get two!

Flying dutchmen

5 hours ago, Flying dutchmen said:

Hello fellow mates,

Just sold my BMW GSA and bought 2 x T700 in return! Thanks to my son who came to this bright idea! Must say he benefits from this choice 🙂 We live in the Netherlands and will ride as much the TET route in Europe. Didn't had the chance to go thru the forum yet but I noticed I can't do the color vote. The Rallye edition is apparently not an option!

Keep you updated on the delivery and experience.

Take care and drive safe, best regards,

Michael

Welcome to the forum! Thats a heck of a deal!

• 1 month later...

Our bikes have been delivered and took them out to Slovenia and Italian TET route. After 2000 km we both don't have negative feedback on the bike. It was a wonderful experience, tasting for more 🙂 

We have the rally edition with the adv pack and the Stock version with Rally pack. The Rally edition has more progressive shocks so we could test the difference. 

After 2000 km's both bike we can say perform well and we didn't had any major issues sofar. As our bikes were brand new and followed the service interval we made our first service in Austria before we hit the TET.

We're looking already for our next riding opportunity....TET, Marocco

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

• Like 3

Great first trip for you guys, glad to hear your enjoying them. You say the Rally Edition has more progressive shocks, they both have the same suspension as standard, what springs have you fitted, or have you fitted a different rear shock and fork cartridge?

As my weight is higher, I decided to install more progressive shocks installed by dealer. Which one???, I can tell you when I come home and dive in the paper trash 🙂

Hi Michael,

Great trip you've made.  Looking forward to meet somewhere in the NL to hear all the stories 🙂.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Very nice and well wear. That’s a cracking deal you went with. 

How would you compare the GS to the Tenere out of interest? 

Bought the GSA 1200 once for a world trip that didn't commence. Great bike at that time but probably overrated. Now I'm in for something light and must confess i just have more fun on the T7.  The beamer is a great bike and I'm happy I had one. As i'm getting more in offroad riding the T7 gives me more confidence. But comparing the two, I will say you get value for money with the Yamaha without knowing what will come. All in all, it just feels better with the T7.

2 hours ago, Dipstick said:

Hi Michael,

Great trip you've made.  Looking forward to meet somewhere in the NL to hear all the stories 🙂.

Come for a coffee and we will tell you all. We live in Afoort.

7 hours ago, Flying dutchmen said:

Bought the GSA 1200 once for a world trip that didn't commence. Great bike at that time but probably overrated. Now I'm in for something light and must confess i just have more fun on the T7.  The beamer is a great bike and I'm happy I had one. As i'm getting more in offroad riding the T7 gives me more confidence. But comparing the two, I will say you get value for money with the Yamaha without knowing what will come. All in all, it just feels better with the T7.

Always felt that about them. Fantastic bikes for sure but The Long Way Round series and the sequel did world wide sales a massive favour. That said, while there are tons of options now perhaps it really was the best man for the job for a long time. None the less, glad to hear you’re loving the T7. Enjoy your trip, sounds incredible 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flying dutchmen said:

Come for a coffee and we will tell you all. We live in Afoort.

Thanks for your hospitality.  I live in Groningen  but I'm sure there will be an opportunity to meet up somewhen.

This week I joined the DTA (Dutch Tenere Association) together with a friend who also had a BMW like you and did some world trips.  I think it's a nice way to meet people sharing the same passion and way of life.

Hello Dipper, thanks for your reply. Guess we will meet soon. Just made my registration at DTA 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

darn great ride for the start.

im amazed as starting rider. how ever i feel inspired even more

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...