Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Global Red vs. North America Red

beater_bimmer

Any idea why Yamaha has 2 different reds?

EU/OZ red seems bright; USA red seems sparkly/maroon.

• Premium Member

That seems to be common practice, 

Most Japanese manufacturers seem to have different NorthAmerican colors to the rest of the world. 
Often, even Canadian and USA colors were different as well.  Made quite a good business (back in the day) for border town dealers to swap out bodywork between identical brand new bikes to have a "Unique" local variant (ie USA bike with Canadian/Euro colors and vise versa) 

Tazmool

All I can say is glad they did, my wife and I both had decided we wanted any of the color but white/red.

Than the opportunity arose to get a T7 even though we had missed the PDP and low and behold it was a white/red one, we went a looked at it and was so pleasantly please with the NA red it was a no brainier,  took that one and put a deposit on another one for the wife with white/red being the number one preference.

So to answer your question, I am sure Yamaha did it just for my wife and I, wasn't that nice of them, Thanks Yamaha it is appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna be honest, I just found out there were two different colors and I'm kind of let down at the weird maroon color the American version comes in. It's just really muted and not really noteworthy for any reason. It feels like a second thought Yamaha had in regards to colors. I mean like I get it, it's super safe, but personally, I'm going to find a way to decal it or swap the plastics to the bright, European red.

Edited by loneranger700

Yeah, I much prefer the global red to the USA red, just my $0.02.

I like the euro red but what are you going to do say you don't want it, NO WAY!

• Like 1

@loneranger700

"really muted"

I can only assume you have either only seen it in pictures or you have some sort of color blindness. That is unless you called candy apple red muted, because the NA red is in no way a maroon, it looks very much like a candy apple with a metal flake over lay. 

The only bummer about the NA red is it's very unique. While it may be a cool red, it's almost impossible to color match with after market things like billet, crash protection etc. 

Not that I'm one to want my bike to look like my mom dressed me.

Im getting the all black bike and then stripping whatever colors are on it, but just saying. 

15 hours ago, beater_bimmer said:

Why do all you guys seem to think it’s a AMERICAN RED ????? It’s not just in America it’s here in thailand 🇹🇭 also and we had our bikes on sale before you guys! It’s the colour that comes out of the Japanese factory as opposed to what comes from the factory in Europe (France) and I chose the Candy Apple 🍎 white/red above the Grey/Black/Blue.

We can always decal it up if wanted and remember everyone else has the blue or the black so be different 👍🏻6CF1B25B-C88D-4387-A158-B657FFB5D764.thumb.jpeg.2817eaf6cec7e1d2013c3aa73d455b78.jpeg50362345-EB7A-44A9-9400-E429C1DC5D42.thumb.jpeg.437b4dc85fe6ca0e68dff83208475328.jpeg220028B8-9E09-4DAA-B5EA-58236AC0D32C.thumb.jpeg.e266d90228690b74422b167795e58a4a.jpeg

• Like 1

There are West Sussex,  UK,  specific colours too....!!🤣😇

IMG_20200719_094841_535.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, beater_bimmer said:

The Japan built bikes are a darker red where the French built bikes are more of a flat red.  Here is a pic of a US bike.   I like the darker a lot better.

IMG_5413.jpg

• Like 1