Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Any have the PowerBronze beak?

beater_bimmer

I know it serves no purpose but I might like the looks, just want to see a real pic and see how it mounts.

This simple bolt on product transforms the look of your bike while reducing the amount of spray and muck getting on the head light and windscreen. - Made from high-impact ABS plastic - Supplied with all required fittings and full instructions

spacer.png

I wouldn't say it serves no purpose but rather a compromise between rough stuff and staying on road while you don't like the low fender set up.

and no, I don't have it 🤣

• 1 month later...

Would you remove the lower fender or add this in addition to it?  I’m curious what it looks like on the bike (a full bike pic would be nice)

• 3 weeks later...

You first. I do not want to be a trend setter. I actually quite like the looks of this beak. It is not freakish big like the new Suzuki or a BMW.

Any comments I see pretty much slag it. If I get it, I would leave the lower stock fender in place and call the beak the anti wheelie fin. You know, like the Moto GP machines.

That enormous space between stock fender and light fixture looks disproportionate and could use some....decoration. Go for it! If you get one, I will too.

Edited by ahamay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, DT675 said:

Would you remove the lower fender or add this in addition to it?  I’m curious what it looks like on the bike (a full bike pic would be nice)

People like me remove the lower fender if you ride a lot of off-road. While it hasn't happened to me, I've seen lots of pics where the wheel gets caked with mud and unable to spin due to the lower fender. Or worse, wheel pics up a stick, it gets lodged in the low fender, stops the front wheel immediately and launches the rider. Yep, it's happened. I live in the PNW where it rains 6 months of the year and is logged, hence muddy stick filled tracks so not taking any chances. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT675 said:

If I’m ride that much mud then I’m definitely somewhere I don’t want to be. 👍

In other words, Western Washington October-May.