Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Akrapovic Headers...anyone fitted them?

Ride & Shine

Question

Hey All,
Trust you're all healthy and well wherever you are. Has anyone fitted the Akra Headers? If so any issues you came across that you had to allow for? I have a pair arriving this week and plan to fit them as soon as I can and don't  want to come across any unforeseen hold ups. Any advice, experience and informed opinions would be welcome..Thanks!

8 answers to this question

• Premium Member

Not Akra headers specific, but when you're installing your headers, check clearances between the engine and header, and header to your skid plate. 

I ran into issues with my Dominator header (which 2WDW says is a slightly longer Akra copy) 
The dominator header has clearance issues with the B&B OffRoad skid-plate I have, had to go back to the Yamaha plate, or remove the header. 

The install should be very easy, you don't have to remove the radiator (a huge plus!) 
Probably 30 mins and you'll have them on. 

The header gaskets can be a little fiddly (they tend to fall out if jostled too much) use some grease to hold them in. 

Use a torque wrench...
You don' thave to un-plug the O2 sensor to remove it, just un-clip two of the plastic retainers holding the wire to the frame, you'll have enough slack to un-screw it with out un-plugging.  

Take phots and share!
Cheers!

Tazmool

Thanks Tazmool...for the knowledge share. Photos i'll take and be sure to share my experiences for others to learn from!

Akra headers installed here. No issues, super easy install. Use a torque wrench. Get a flash from 2wheeldyno works for the best bang for your buck from the header.

IMG_20200722_195406.jpg

Thanks buddy...nice bluing on your pipes...not running too lean I hope..:-)

Hey Guys...I have the Akra Muffler already fitted...I'm assuming the Headers will marry to the Muffler without any additional dramas?

If anything I am running a little more rich with the flash as I consistently get about 37-40 mpg when riding hard on the gas where others on here seem to get much higher mpgs.

You will just need to remove the graphite sleeve, which mine was a pita.