Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I have a few sitting around always

roy826

My current space in the 3rd bay of the garage is about full. Built this house two years ago. I don’t have a shop at this place yet but had a nice climate controlled one at my old residence. I miss it sometimes. But with more space comes more motorcycles and I’m trying to keep it normal now days. 

Current two wheel madness area 

FE8847E0-4D90-48AB-AD70-86F4232F6EC2.jpeg

Edited by roy826
Pic screwed up
  • Like 4

Always nice to see a garage full of bikes... One day I'll own more than one.. Working on this as we speak. Lol

🤣🤣

Aleks 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Mine too. Might have to think about putting the car outside if another one happens to show Up. 😉

20200725_060820.jpg

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

23 minutes ago, CAJW said:

Mine too. Might have to think about putting the car outside if another one happens to show Up. 😉

20200725_060820.jpg

Red must be your favourite colour I suppose 🤩👍

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Red must be your favourite colour I suppose 🤩👍

I suppose so. 😄  I waffled between a black or red T700 and ended up taking the first one I could get my hands on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

How do you like that floor? Ive been battling for a few years now on what to do for flooring in my garage. 

I want something that wont break the bank, easy to clean up, wont peel up and will withstand some abuse from like a floor jack. 

Edited by DT675

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DT675 said:

How do you like that floor? Ive been battling for a few years now on what to do for flooring  in my garage. 

I want something that wont break the bank, easy to clean up, wont peel up and will withstand some abuse from like a floor jack. 

Short version of a long story: After the concrete in my man cave turned out looking more like rocky road ice cream than the glass finish I wanted, I finally settled on Race Deck flooring. Their promo material showed no damage from forklift traffic, but guess they've never changed springs in a Jeep on jack stands!  I have extra tiles and could replace that one,  but it's usually under the car, so out of sight, out of mind. I would've rather had a nice  smooth epoxy finish, but due to a number of circumstances,  it wasn't in the cards for me. At least, I now am not depressed everytime I go into my cave, so yeah to me it was worth it, pricey, but worth it.

20200725_084354.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. One of my ideas has been to get it cleaned up and do the sealer and see how that looks. Probably the cheapest and easiest to apply. Should handle jack stands too I’d hope. 

• Moderators
On 7/25/2020 at 9:25 PM, DT675 said:

Thanks for the response. One of my ideas has been to get it cleaned up and do the sealer and see how that looks. Probably the cheapest and easiest to apply. Should handle jack stands too I’d hope. 

I researched floor epoxy finishes to adnauseum after a less than stellar result from a product I got at Home Depot for a previous home.  For our current home, I had already purchased U-coatit brand floor coatings for my garage floor before it was poured and well.... you know the rest of the story.

UCoat-with-UFlek-Header-1024x536.jpg

The UCoat with UFlek system is a three coat system containing our UCoat water based epoxy, UGloss water based aliphatic high performance urethane and decorative UFlek flakes. This system is ideal for areas like offices, locker rooms and basements as it is odor...