Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 ECU Flashing, Remove and Install ECU Tips

Tazmool

Nobody has mentioned how much it costs to insure posting their ECU to a re-mapper in case it got lost in the post; especially from the UK to the USA and back.

This is my main  reservation to a postal re-map 

So, next to riding it to a reputable tuner (?) 300 miles away once the police state allows, I'm really interested in the Rapid Bike and Acrpovic modules...

Anyone have any before/after graphs to share?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Used the free  “Torque (lite)” app combined with an EBay OBD2 adapter & blue tooth widget to clear the fault codes & extinguish the check engine light. Worked a charm, even for the technologically challenged such as myself. 
   Now just to reassemble & take this fresh flash for a test ride! 
   Thanks for the delightfully thorough tech tip !

Just received my flashed ECU from 2WDW, plugged it in, and tried to start it up. FLOODED like crazy. Gas was dripping from the Camel mid pipe. Finally got it to fire, and it runs fine. Like others have said, fault light was on. Plugged in the reader, cleared the codes, all is good. Now just need my suspension, and my modified Outback racks, and a little more temperature outside, and we'll see how it goes!

Edited by Canzvt
  • Like 2

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• 4 months later...

Taking my ECU in person to 2WDW to be reflashed and I'm having trouble getting the "Rocker arm" lock to even budge. When I apply some force it seems like the connector is wanting to come off of the ECU, but I don't want to proceed without getting the rocker arm unlocked. Any tips?

• 5 months later...
On 7/24/2021 at 3:04 PM, doniv said:

Taking my ECU in person to 2WDW to be reflashed and I'm having trouble getting the "Rocker arm" lock to even budge. When I apply some force it seems like the connector is wanting to come off of the ECU, but I don't want to proceed without getting the rocker arm unlocked. Any tips?

You need to use a small screwdriver, and gently lever DOWN the CENTER locking device. Good job STOPPING before breaking it. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Bike booked into JHS Racing in UK for Flash… They use Woolwich software and dyno so I’ll feedback with difference 👍

• 1 month later...

So had the re flash completed. Makes a noticeable difference. Far smoother, acceleration improved and just feels more punchy. Seems better on fuel too. Had the fan temp lowered so now cuts in at 95c until down to 90c. 

pleased with the result and peace of mind it’s not running rich or lean. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

So who has had it flashed. What power does a MT07 make and could it be swapped to make the bike more hp?

36 minutes ago, HJP1 said:

So who has had it flashed. What power does a MT07 make and could it be swapped to make the bike more hp?

The motor is the same basically between the 2 platforms, difference is in the tune/exhaust and weight between the 2 bikes. Swapping motors will net you basically noting except extra expense. I had mine flashed, no brainer. Bike runs like a top and is seamless across the power band. I sent mine to 2WDW as well.

+1 for a 2WDW flash. Runs better than stock and a lot cooler as well. 

Had mine done by P3tuning in Liverpool by post during lockdown.  They have a great record of doing MT07s.  I’ve got Dominator headers and they tuned for that.  Great result with lots more go and much smoother when on off throttle at slow speeds.  Bit noisier but that’s down the decat headers. 

• 6 months later...

Hello, and thank you for this detailed guide with pictures. I recently had my ECU flashed by 2wdw and they recommend disconnecting the o2 sensor?

I can't find any good information on how to accomplish this properly. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

52 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

Hello, and thank you for this detailed guide with pictures. I recently had my ECU flashed by 2wdw and they recommend disconnecting the o2 sensor?

I can't find any good information on how to accomplish this properly. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

Why the 02 sensor? 

3 minutes ago, roygilbo said:

Why the 02 sensor? 

Not sure, It just says "you must unplug your o2 sensor for our custom tune to work properly" on the product page... I am guessing the sensor feeds in to the ECU for the base mapping but their custom ECU map overrides all of that? I am definitely no expert when it comes to this. 

5 minutes ago, IDT7 said:

Not sure, It just says "you must unplug your o2 sensor for our custom tune to work properly" on the product page... I am guessing the sensor feeds in to the ECU for the base mapping but their custom ECU map overrides all of that? I am definitely no expert when it comes to this. 

I had mine done a year or two ago and did not receive that instruction... hmmm

I had to disconnect my O2 sensor after a 2wdw flash. The ECU uses the sensor at lower RPMs and the switchover to the 2wdw map was not working very smoothly. With the sensor disconnected, the ECU always uses the 2wdw map.

The connector on my '22 USA model was under the right side panel near the tank.  I don't remember if I had to lift the tank, but I don't think so. 

• Like 1

I was just in there to add an O2 sensor cable extension on my '23. You shouldn't have to lift the tank to unplug it. Might want to cap the receptacle with something though. And you'll want a plug for the exhaust port if you're taking the inactive sensor out.

• Like 1

Tusk crash bars/pannier & top racks/hardcases/footpad/Olympus tank bag, Rox risers, fleabay tail tidy, Delkevic full exhaust w/ 14" carbon oval can

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 9:12 AM, roygilbo said:

Why the 02 sensor? 

On 12/18/2023 at 8:19 AM, IDT7 said:

This video provides a pretty good explanation: 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 6:16 AM, SO_Rider said:

This video provides a pretty good explanation: 

The eliminator from o2eliminators.com says it fits 2019 and 2020.  Mine is a 2021.  It ships from the UK to the USA, not Canada.  Are there any o2 eliminators coming out of the USA or Canada? And if not, does anyone know if the one from o2eliminators.com will work on a 2021? 

• Like 1