Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Aftermarket turn signals which double as aux lights

JDCooper

I remember reading somewhere that a company had a set of front turn signals that would light up as aux lights when high beams were selected. Is anyone familiar with that?

Edited by JDCooper
misspelling

I think It could be the Yamaha aftermarket parts LED lights.  

440D8297-9F01-46F3-A33B-3D9163BF13B9.png

You can take a look at them in this video, about 12 mins into this video.🙂

10 hours ago, Magz said:

I think It could be the Yamaha aftermarket parts LED lights.  

I only see these available from outside the US.  If I order these from the United Kingdom is there any reason why they wouldn't work on the US bike?  I'm 99% sure they will work just fine but figured I should be 100% before ordering them from overseas.  

Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, projected said:

I only see these available from outside the US.  If I order these from the United Kingdom is there any reason why they wouldn't work on the US bike?  I'm 99% sure they will work just fine but figured I should be 100% before ordering them from overseas.  

Thanks for any info!

These will definitely work across the pond. Wiring is a bit involved, but I managed it despite it not being one of my stronger points. 

Super bright extra running lights all round plus brake lights too. Stupidly priced but by far the best signaling upgrade out there. 

Here in Canada, I don't think they're DOT approved because the running lights stay on when signaling, but that doesn't bother me. 

If you can stomach the co$t you won't be disappointed by their functions.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, projected said:

Thanks for any info!

Having said that, the "aux lighting" function on these is a constant running light that's bright enough to provide some extra close range lighting at night. 

Canadian models run the stock  jackolanterns as constant running lights too, so the wiring is there for these plus units. Not sure if that's the case south of the 49th

• Like 1

As long as the flasher relay are the same, i don’t see a reason why they should not work.  
In Norway the regular blinker lights are off, when you are not using them.  So i believe they could be wired up for being on, when the high bean is on.  But i haven’t checked.  Anyhow, there is always a possible solution with wiring in a extra switch if needed.

These lights are E approved(to be legal in europe).

7 hours ago, Magz said:

As long as the flasher relay are the same, i don’t see a reason why they should not work.  
In Norway the regular blinker lights are off, when you are not using them.  So i believe they could be wired up for being on, when the high bean is on.  But i haven’t checked.  Anyhow, there is always a possible solution with wiring in a extra switch if needed.

These lights are E approved(to be legal in europe).

Right, I also swapped out the flasher relay for the LED smart unit. Super easy & affordable. The signals came with inline resistors that achieve the same result but that just complicates the wiring. Relay swap was the clear winner

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1