Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SOCAL T7 side tank plastic trade Red (black) for Blue (white) panels?

REDHORSECA

Just an idea...

We Californians should be getting our T7s soon as it looks like they are starting to filter into the local Dealers. Dealer are starting to get their preorders in, per my brothers search for his T7.

Just an idea for plastic parts swap trade.

I'm waiting for my Ceramic Blue T7 to arrive. I don't like the side WHITE tank plastics and was planning on vinyl wrapping it.

I got the idea that if a Red T7 didn't care for their side BLACK tank plastics and would rather have the white plastics, that I would be open for a parts swap.

I'll have to check the T7 shop manual to see how they are fastened to the bike.

So, if this peaks your interest and you are in the SOCAL area and you are open to parts swap, before I go and vinyl wrap mine. Hit me up!

T7 ceramic blue.png

T7 red.jpg

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 1

I'd be down to swap for white. I'm in LA.

• Like 1

I'll let you know when I get my bike. I have no real ETA. I was told end of July/Aug.

Edited by REDHORSECA
  • Like 1

You guys are on to something here...

Edited by mtaylorcrew
  • Like 1

I had the same thought, but I think the higher section is actually the tank. I got my blue version last friday and the top white sections feels like metal. I haven't taking all my plastics off yet to make sure though.

• Like 1

@zak

You are right the upper piece is actually the gas tank.

Plus stop and look at your bike for a second, if those pieces were not contrasting colors, the bike would look enormous.  No longer would you have that appearance of narrowness, you would have this mass that made the bike look large and top heavy. I had the same thought originally than after looking at it for a while I totally understand the reasoning behind the contrasting colors.  

• 3 months later...

I did a color swap with another forum member today.  We met about half way from each other, since we're about two hours drive apart.

We swapped out the wheels and rear tail section from a White/Red and a Black/Blue T700. Deal went super smooth. We both ended up with colors we would rather have for our T700.

We kept our original rotors and cush drive units. Both having newish low mileage T700s so the parts were basically in excellent condition. So we both have unique colored T700s.

So, a color swap is a possibility!

cTZ3gv6l.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

I did a color swap with another forum member today.  We met about half way from each other, since we're about two hours drive apart.

We swapped out the wheels and rear tail section from a White/Red and a Black/Blue T700. Deal went super smooth. We both ended up with colors we would rather have for our T700.

We kept our original rotors and cush drive units. Both having newish low mileage T700s so the parts were basically in excellent condition. So we both have unique colored T700s.

So, a color swap is a possibility!

cTZ3gv6l.jpg

Bike looks great man! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

black and white swaps could possibly make an "orca" look-a-like  (CA CHP bikes)

which would not only be hilarious, but may slow down the insane drivers as they see ya

🙂

YOUR bike looks awesome - I like the color mod

those are the tank only the lower section is plastic . everything could be covered in your preferred color with a pair of stickers .  

I think I would still like to do a gas tank swap. Black metal tank for a White metal tank swap and just keep the black plastic side panels.

That's why I haven't yet put on the tank and side grip pads on.

• Like 1