Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Upgrades on the cheapšŸ˜

Gary b

Recovering from a major operation so got a bit of time on my handsĀ and no money.

Been playing around with the T7 a bit and fitted small indicators fromĀ my Beta 300rr (Never used)Ā 

cobbled up a home made tail tidy out of an old alloy Mx number plate.Got hold of a crf chain guide from ebay and fitted using 6 mm alloy angle.

removed plastic guard from right hand side,behind side panel and re-routedĀ wiring to allow for easy spark plug access.

Just in the process of having a sump guard fabricated by a good friend,not finished yet but weā€™ll on the way.

Next on the list will be tyres,when funds allow.

May Ā not be to everyoneā€™s taste or standards but so far these mods have cost me just over Ā£10 and when Iā€™ve recovered enough to ride the bike will be hammered around the Welsh trails anywayāœŠšŸ˜†šŸ

45B49467-AF3E-4524-86C7-EA1A92FD62C1.jpeg

01AFC27D-6A69-42E6-AECC-A0610794CFCD.png

2123FFDC-AFAD-4684-8A32-8B1AAF9BFD16.jpeg

04D1242E-74A8-4768-99A7-820F18CED4C0.jpeg

CB211630-9C08-4CE2-BA62-55FF72F37A6A.jpeg

• Like 5

• Moderators

Looking good. Where did you source the decal kit? It looks great, especially liking the "Mudlife Crisis". šŸ™‚

Ā 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

2 hours ago, CAJW said:

Looking good. Where did you source the decal kit? It looks great, especially liking the "Mudlife Crisis". šŸ™‚

Crispy designs did the graphics,very good quality and service.

The ā€œMudlife Crisisā€ is my part time guide business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colddog said:

Good job on the sump guard!

Yep very pleased so far,if you look close itā€™s got a little kicker at the back to protect linkage and it also has an extra mount at the rear.just needs a few vent holes and a bit of finishing now.

that is some nice welds you got there for the sump guard!

Ā 

i can see some slots cut into the guard for air/drainage but it is always easier to cut then add...

Edited by TimmyTheHog