Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Checklist for dealer pickup

JDCooper

Next Wednesday I take delivery of mine. Before I ride it off the lot, I solicit your input on items I should check before accepting. I suspect some have said to themselves. "I wish I'd have checked this before I rode it home".  This is an attempt to head off such a scenario.

Your suggestions??

• Like 1

This was my list three days ago.  I bought the T7 with no accessories;  only a gallon of Yamalube 10w40 and a Yamaha oil filter.  I will use this combo until the warranty is up.

1.  Two keys

2.  Owner’s manual

3.  Yamaha oil filter and Yamalube for 600 mile change

4.  Free dealer t-shirt

5.  Financing or payment method 

6.  Take your proper riding gear if ridden home

7.  Proper tie downs/soft ties if trailered home

8.  Ride and take the long way home

9.  Check over new bike when home.....my bike set up was good and complete.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 3

Due to issues with new bikes from the dealer posted here and on Facebook:

-  Check rear brake reservoir for over filling at factory.  Should be between the lines, not above.  Can cause rear brake lock when over heated.

-  Check coolant reservoir cap for angled or loose fit.  Some have had it not snapped down tight and it comes loose.

-  Loose tool kit floating under the seat that can drop tools that contact battery terminals and arc.

-  Quick check for spoke tightness.  Some have reported loose spokes from the dealer.

These are just some I remember hearing about.  I'll be bringing a small flashlight and checking everything!

• Like 2

Make sure the front seat removal allen wrench is in place near front seat mounting screws. Mine was missing.

At best touch the front caliper bolts and pinch bolts on the axle the dealer has to install the front wheel.

Edited by roy826
  • Like 1

Update, I had one slightly dull rear wheel spoke (snugged up a bit) and no other problems.  If it would stop raining, I would put the 600 miles on needed to complete the first service.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1

Check condition of the chroming on your wheels 

My rear wheel was tarnished in 2 weeks front one also has slight chroming issue

Apart from that enjoy fab little bike 

• Like 1

Check hand guard bolts at the end of the handlebars. A couple owners lost their end bolts, as they weren't properly tightened or Locktite'd in

• Like 1