Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
motojunky2@

Back brake

motojunky2@

On my T7, it's very hard to lock up the back brake with the abs off, even in the dirt. Took it back to the dealership, they bled the brakes, cleaned the pads, said that is the best they could do. Anyone else's bike like this? Was looking for some better pads for the rear. Anyone have a suggestion, part numbers?

• Like 1

CAJW

Unfortunately this seems to be a common complaint, mine included.  I've had good success with EBC Carbon pads for my Beta, might try a set on my T7 if they don't bed in soon.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes

Canzvt

How many miles are on it? I hated mine at first as well, but now that I have over 5000kms on it, I like the rear brakes in the dirt. Can easily modulate them from gripping to sliding in gravel/dirt. They are definitely not light switches like some brakes and that's a great thing in the rocks.

nodab

1800 miles on mine and the rear brake is the weakest I've ever seen. Almost useless. Would appreciate if anyone has found a fix...different pads or whatever.

• Like 1

CGras

The rear brake on mine works pretty well. I use it a lot on the road and in the dirt I can easily lock the rear wheel with ABS off. 

I can't imagine there being a difference in the brake from the EU to the US model so maybe new pads might be the way to go. I've used Brembo pads on my GS before and they worked great. EBC are also a good brand.

• Like 1