Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How many miles on your T7?

AZJW

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Hey, that looks familiar! Also hit 10k miles on mine a few weeks ago, bought it used in May 2021 with 3,4xx miles and found this year I'm riding the T7 more and my R1200GS less. Apparently the GS has taken exception to sitting like that, as both fork seals started leaking during a recent ride.

20220810_101235.jpg.6f5dcbd733c34a96a07521f74d3d7743.jpg 

Sounds your GS is kind of like a neglected dog, ignore it for awhile and to show its displeasure, it urinates on your pant leg!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

9 minutes ago, AZJW said:

Sounds your GS is kind of like a neglected dog, ignore it for awhile and to show its displeasure, it urinates on your pant leg!

That's all I can figure. First maintenance issue on it (73k miles currently) and I'm treating it to a fresh tank of gas and several hundred miles tomorrow to say I'm sorry.  😁

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I hit 10k last week in the middle of northern Arizona, some where between Shiprock, NM and Page, Az.

• Like 1

I got it May 5, 2022 with 639 miles. Now, just over 4 months later, I have 5473 miles. No long rides, just day rides on the weekends. Probably 70% off-road, so far.

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

This year i passed the 18.000km on the T7 and did also over 10.000km on the Crosstourer and counting.

• Moderators

20220920_155543.jpg.b0bcd8cee0bc509b46b9609e5ad777ed.jpg

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 5 months later...

My T7 has 22,000 miles +.  Not all mine, I sold a 1090 to buy this from a friend who put the first 20k on it.  Zero issues, and a great bike.  However, I am going back to the Orange side, have a new 890S on its way.  I've bought a bunch of stuff from the vendors on this site.  Stoltec springs for the forks were a huge improvement over stock.  I put the CamelADV brake pedal on, that was a huge improvement and really great quality.  New Seat Concepts seat.  I will probably regret selling this bike.

I would post it under for sale, but I don't typically reply much (700 posts on ADVRider in 20 years) and so don't qualify for posting on T7 yet.  It is posted on ADVRider and Sacramento CA craigslist.

T7 is a really great bike, with Yamaha quality very reassuring when heading out on a trip.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Stopped between Strawberry and Camp Verde, AZ, to snap this reminder it's time for another oil change. 

20230623_125400.jpg.67d1ca9f362c722f5f2286ae9df09ada.jpg

• Like 1