Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from the Netherlands

wil59

Hello everybody, after enjoying my XT660Z for 9,5 years and 106.000 kilometers i decided it was time for its successor.

Drove to the store and one week later i picked it up with a car full of accessories. After mounting them all on the bike it looked nice. But i worry about one thing. The original (longer) bolts that came with the centerstand are too short if you also add a crash bar and bottomplate from Touratech. The Yamaha bolt has a strenght of 10.9 . The problem is that i can't purchase a bolt  with full treath and 10.9 that is long enough. For the time being i put a stainless steel bolt A2-70 on it (the same strenght as Touratech gave for mounting the stuff) but now a longer one. Should that give any problem?

T700 net.jpg

bottomplate.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Dag Wil, wat een mooie fiets. Mijn zoon en ik hebben ook een t700 gekocht. We zijn er heel blij mee. We hebben delen van de TET route in Slovenie en Italie gereden. We zijn erg tevreden over onze fietsen. 

Groeten,

Michael

IMG_0166.JPG

Edited by Flying dutchmen
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hallo Michael,

Geweldig om te zien dat je zoon ook motor rijdt. Hebben jullie met het rijden van de TET problemen gehad met de schokbrekers? Ik weeg 100 kg en heb een volledige set koffers eraan hangen. Op de weg merk ik er niet zoveel van maar ben bang dat ik offroad wel problemen krijg.

Wil.

Yes yes completely agree:)))  both lovely bikes!

The replacement bolt should be absolutely fine!

congrats and enjoy 

Edited by Matth