Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Camel Tank $389

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

Great news! We have the mounts sorted for using the T7 Camel Tank with the stock licence plate holder/signal light arrangement.

We'll have them on the site in a couple weeks.

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 1/7/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mudchute said:

And now we have to pay import duties and VAT for goods from the EU, plus their local tax. I'm looking at another 45 quid for my TT (Germany) crash bars. Not surprised that Adventure Spec upped sticks and moved to the EU, the UK will be a small market for them and their goods as expensive as those from the US

I am also looking at the TT crash bars. Just in case you have not seen this UK supplier. It does show out of stock but you can order at the stated GBP price.  

Touratech Engine crash bar stainless steel black for Yamaha Tenere 700

5 minutes ago, Treps said:

I am also looking at the TT crash bars. Just in case you have not seen this UK supplier. It does show out of stock but you can order at the stated GBP price.  

Touratech Engine crash bar stainless steel black for Yamaha Tenere 700

Well I may have been lucky but they turned up and no one has asked for anything yet :-/

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the Rally Raid side racks with this tank yet?  I have been waiting and searching but have not seen anything yet?  I hope they work but looks like the rack might hit the tank. 

• Like 1

I swear I posted asking for the width of the tank. I was trying to figure if it would work with the rally raid racks too. Comparing pictures and such it looks like it might fit, I just wanted to know the width of the tank. Based on where the front brace on the racks comes down the racks might hit there, not sure.

Mike

• Like 1

I posted asking for the width of the tank in the exhaust topic by mistake.

@Camel ADV sorry for being a doofus, can you tell me the width of the tank please?

thanks!

Mike

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, Rocke said:

Has anyone tried the Rally Raid side racks with this tank yet?  I have been waiting and searching but have not seen anything yet?  I hope they work but looks like the rack might hit the tank. 

We haven't gotten any feedback with the RR set-up yet.

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

I posted asking for the width of the tank in the exhaust topic by mistake.

@Camel ADV sorry for being a doofus, can you tell me the width of the tank please?

thanks!

Mike

I'll check it when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

We haven't gotten any feedback with the RR set-up yet.

i have the rally raid racks ❤️ , but am about a paycheck behind buying either the fuel tank or the gut guard

will prioritize and let ya'll know.  (after paycheck)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 3:36 AM, Camel ADV said:

I'll check it when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

@Camel ADV If you have a moment can you measure this - curious. 

Thanks!

Mike

• Supporting Vendor
7 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

@Camel ADV If you have a moment can you measure this - curious. 

Thanks!

Mike

I don't have a T7 assembled at the moment.

lol if you had the tank handy I was just curious how think it was - the dimension, Is it like 4" thick or so? 

If not no worries!

Mike

• Supporting Vendor
1 minute ago, MikeCMP said:

lol if you had the tank handy I was just curious how think it was - the dimension, Is it like 4" thick or so? 

If not no worries!

Mike

The upper section is 4" wide, the lower is 4.375".

1 minute ago, Camel ADV said:

The upper section is 4" wide, the lower is 4.375".

Thank you. 

Nice, measuring down to the thousandths  🙂

mike

• Supporting Vendor
22 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

Thank you. 

Nice, measuring down to the thousandths  🙂

mike

I hate typing fractions. 4-3/8"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Camel ADV said:

I hate typing fractions. 4-3/8"

Me too, I was just kidding with you 🙂

If we all just would agree to use metric life would be so much easier - I even bought a metric tape measure b/c for some projects its easier. And it's fun to confuse the wife on occasion. 

• Like 1

@Camel ADVDo you have pics of the camel tank with the attachment to the stock tail, or better yet, a video? Do you have an estimate of when the black will be back in stock?

Cheers.

Edited by Neil
  • Like 1

I have an odd question for you @Camel ADV ... could you use it for water storage instead of fuel? I know the question might appear idiotic but I would imagine that there are laws governing containers that are used for water or food. I ask this because it might be an interesting solution to carrying enough water for certain isolated desert terrains.

• Supporting Vendor
59 minutes ago, Stabilo_Boss said:

I have an odd question for you @Camel ADV ... could you use it for water storage instead of fuel? I know the question might appear idiotic but I would imagine that there are laws governing containers that are used for water or food. I ask this because it might be an interesting solution to carrying enough water for certain isolated desert terrains.

We've never intended it for potable water... I'm sure there are a pile of regulations for material grade, manufacturing processes etc. I honestly don't know what would be involved with it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

We've never intended it for potable water... I'm sure there are a pile of regulations for material grade, manufacturing processes etc. I honestly don't know what would be involved with it.

I figured it would be tricky. Thanks for the honest answer.

You can buy dromedary bags from Mountain Safety Research (MSR) up to 10 liters. Great water storage and a quality product. Since it’s a bag, easy to lash to your bike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc said:

You can buy dromedary bags from Mountain Safety Research (MSR) up to 10 liters. Great water storage and a quality product. Since it’s a bag, easy to lash to your bike.

That is a good suggestion thanks. I don't want to steer this thread off topic so I will say no more.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 2/2/2021 at 9:22 AM, Neil said:

@Camel ADVDo you have pics of the camel tank with the attachment to the stock tail, or better yet, a video? Do you have an estimate of when the black will be back in stock?

Cheers.

The brackets for the OEM tail assembly aren't available yet. I expect them mid next week. 

IMG_0002.jpeg

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Neil said:

@Camel ADV. Do you have an estimate of when the black tank will be back in stock?

Thanks.

Black is in stock now, for the Tail Tidy mount anyway. The OEM license plate version will be next week sometime.