Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Camel Tank $389

Camel ADV

4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I knew it was coming!!  Woo hoo this is gonna be big.  

Anyone interested in this should click "follow" at the top of this thread so you get notified when thread is updated. 

Personally, I think the follow button should be bigger or brighter than it currently is. Took me longer than I care to admit to find it.

32 minutes ago, Disco said:

Hi Cory,

Looks great. One quick question, How would a tank at the rear be connected to the main tank?

cheers, Disco

If you go to his website he has a few installation videos of other bikes. Should give you a good idea.

oh my! this is big news...might not immediate but this is def up high on my to-get list!

P.S. Just saw your footnote in CRF250...funny lol...

Good design, well integrated.

Edited by mtaylorcrew

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:01 AM, T7rally.com said:

Yep thats partly the reason its taken me a while as getting less capacity would have been easy or if I had just ignored the handling issues caused by replacing the original with a huge main tank. Both I discounted through testing along the way.

Nothing is sacrificed, in actual fact it adds a number of additional benefits as well as the increased fuel capacity and all "farkles" are still compatible as none of the external dimensions change. So you can use all racks, protection etc etc. As such you cant tell easily  just by looking that its even fitted.

hey I notice you have those stegpegz! that's awesome I've been looking at some also any information on what kind to choose that will work with our bikes?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 7:48 AM, Camel ADV said:

We're 95% set-up in the new shop and finally working on projects again. The Camel Tank is VERY close!

IMG_5278.thumb.jpeg.bd2b9af7b1a54dad2cff0ac354fd0786.jpeg

This solution looks excellent. I had a very similar set up on my X-Challenge. It worked really well. Looking forward to the final product. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Just a bunch of random shots with the Mosko Moto Reckless 10 installed.

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5466.JPG

IMG_5467.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

IMG_5471.JPG

IMG_5472.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor

It appears that the ADV Spec racks will work if we add 10mm spacers between the upper and lower sections (6mm spacers shown in the pics).

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5476.JPG

IMG_5477.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

• Like 3

• Premium Member

This tank is an interesting idea, 
How does it integrate with the bike?  
Is it a completely fill it and forget it setup?  or does something else need to be done while riding?   Is there a fuel pump inside the tank? 

How easy is it to remove?   (is it something you could throw on for a long voyage, then take off for every day riding? ) 
and how much does it weigh? 

Tazmool

• Like 1

Asking for a very close friend:  wondering if the tank will work with B&B compact rear rack and Rally Raid side racks.

• Like 1

on-topic noob question: does adding 5L of fuel on the left side impact the balance of a bike?

off-topic: what are the handguards and mirrors on the white Camel ADV bike?

• Like 1

This solution looks great. Is it still 5 litres ? The photos makes it look bigger.

Is this compatible with the OEM luggage rack? 

Any further advance on timing? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, simonr said:

on-topic noob question: does adding 5L of fuel on the left side impact the balance of a bike?

@simonr. Handguards/mirrors are from Highway dirtbikes. 

We've all heard it, some guy says they've tried them all and this handguard or that handguard is the best. We won't bore you with "we're the best", just compare theirs side by side with our HDB Ultimate Handguards�. Our Ultimate Handguards� are a great...

• Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
20 hours ago, Tazmool said:

This tank is an interesting idea, 
How does it integrate with the bike?  
Is it a completely fill it and forget it setup?  or does something else need to be done while riding?   Is there a fuel pump inside the tank? 

How easy is it to remove?   (is it something you could throw on for a long voyage, then take off for every day riding? ) 
and how much does it weigh? 

Tazmool

It plumbs into the main tank's vent port. As the level in the main tank drops, vacuum is created pulling fuel from the Camel Tank. It theory, the Camel Tank empties first... there's a bit of back and forth going on though so there's some catch-up that happens. I'll be doing an explanation video to go along with it. We've got one on our YouTube from years ago. I need to redo it so it's more current, in HD and with better audio but you'll get the point.

18 hours ago, GreatDistances said:

Asking for a very close friend:  wondering if the tank will work with B&B compact rear rack and Rally Raid side racks.

I can't say for sure as I don't have them here in front of me but based on photos alone, there's a very good chance the Rally Raid side racks will fit. I'm guessing the B&B tail rack will not be compatible.

15 hours ago, simonr said:

The easiest way to answer that is to ask whether you ever notice your bike is currently lopsided due to the 15-20lb exhaust only on the right side?

The fuel tank is a few pounds and 5 liters of 8.19lbs. If anything, you're evening out the weight side to side and make it more balanced. Another thing to consider is that the tank is only a few inches from the bikes center line. The exhaust is much farther out so it has even more effect on balance. How many people weight their panniers to ensure they are balanced? How many people then take into account that the exhaust side pannier rack is almost always farther out than the other side AND consider the exhaust weight too then and pack accordingly?

13 hours ago, Treps said:

This solution looks great. Is it still 5 litres ? The photos makes it look bigger.

Is this compatible with the OEM luggage rack? 

Any further advance on timing? 

Yes, 5 litres (1.3 gal).
Compatible with the OEM luggage.

SOON!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Really nice work.

Will the tank work with the passenger Foot Pegs?

Best regards

Martin

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 11/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, bikeever said:

Really nice work.

Will the tank work with the passenger Foot Pegs?

Best regards

Martin

Yes, you bet!

• Like 3

• Supporting Vendor

The product page is up on our site now. The kit isn't available just yet but soon. You can enter your email address on the product page to be notified when we add stock.

IMG_4781_medium.jpg?v=1606962924

Since the 700 Tenere was officially announced in late 2017, it’s created quite a stir in the adventure bike community. Boasting a great list of features and specs this bike seems ready to conquer the ADV world! However, as the saying goes, “When you’re exploring, you can never have too...

• Like 3