Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

8 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

It's awful. I emailed them almost daily, usually they don't even reply.

As far as the ECU flash, 2WDW did our other T7. It's totally worth the $$ IMO. There isn't a huge peak power gain but the bike is snappier through out the RPM range, it's not as snatchy just off idle, runs cooler (richer mixture) and they tweaked the temp setting where the fan kicks in so it doesn't run so f'n hot. Highly recommended.

Cheers, thanks for the valued input. Figured it was a worthy investment from other research too,

but experienced opinions are always appreciated. 

Good luck sorting that shipping debacle ASAP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

It's awful. I email them almost daily, usually they don't even reply.

As far as the ECU flash, 2WDW did our other T7. It's totally worth the $$ IMO. There isn't a huge peak power gain but the bike is snappier through out the RPM range, it's not as snatchy just off idle, runs cooler (richer mixture) and they tweaked the temp setting where the fan kicks in so it doesn't run so f'n hot. Highly recommended.

Here's UPS CEO email: dabney@ups.com

• Like 1

does anyone know whether the Wing muffler has e-mark?

according to their website, it's "EU homologated"and street legal in EU. So I think it's emarked but they don't mention about emark.

Japanese regulation is very similar to European one. if it has e mark (and unremovable db killer), it's street  legal in Japan as well.

since Camel's standard muffler is not emarked, we need to put OEM muffler back or get emarked muffler to pass periodic legal inspection.

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/21/2021 at 3:04 PM, Insane rider said:

Here's UPS CEO email: dabney@ups.com

David Abney isn't anymore CEO anymore, Carol Bome is currently but that's in the US. Dominic Porporino is the Canadian CEO. We've got emails off to a couple VPs now and if that goes nowhere then CEO it is.

• Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor

Things are finally moving. We ordered in two batches: the first had mufflers and all the fitting parts (springs, clamps, spring loops, graphite seals etc), the second was all mufflers. Murphy's Law, the second shipment showed up first so we still have no fitting parts. However, for the first time since this started, there is a tracking update on the first order through UPS. That means UPS has actually picked it up from the freight forwarder. Fingers crossed.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Thanks for keeping us all informed about developments on delivery times, although things were out of your control with delivery of support supplies for your exhaust system I felt disappointed about the delay but not pissed off. The supply problem was out of your control. Simply communicating with your clients is a lesson other vendors need to learn and should implement! No need to answer countless complaints. Well done Cory!

Can't wait to see mine soon, I honestly hope I don't have your problem of transport company goofing off.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

For those of you that are watching the progress but didn't get in on the pre-sale, you obviously didn't get the emails we sent to the pre-sale group. 

We finally got all the freight delivered to us. It took an email to the VP of UPS to make it happen... then, it happened quickly. I did get a better explanation about what happened and why, it doesn't fall completely on UPS, the freight forwarder really made a mess that caused UPS some grief. 

Anyway... the parts are here now. Matt is working hard to get all the spring loops welded on and Holly and I are here all weekend assembling and packing kits. Everything should be out by Thursday at the latest.

Thanks for your patience!

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I love how hard you ride your bikes and then how clean they look when you do a video or take a pictures for a product. I can never get my bike looking that good 🙂

Exhaust looks nice! Love how your logo peeks out on that bracket!

Mike

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
28 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

I love how hard you ride your bikes and then how clean they look when you do a video or take a pictures for a product. I can never get my bike looking that good 🙂

Exhaust looks nice! Love how your logo peeks out on that bracket!

Mike

Girlfriend's bike, not mine 😉  Mine never stay clean for long!

@Camel ADV would it be possible to buy the 10mm heat shield separately? That almost the exact thing I was thinking of making to protect my tail blinkers, but your welder is way better at welding than I am.

Mike

On 2/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, Canzvt said:

Me too!

Happy days in the sunny frozen north. -31C right now, and this just came...unboxing later this evening!

Camel Pipe Box.jpg

• Like 4

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Canzvt said:

Happy days in the sunny frozen north. -31C right now, and this just came...unboxing later this evening!

Camel Pipe Box.jpg

Yup, supposed to be -34C here tonight, augh.

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

@Camel ADV would it be possible to buy the 10mm heat shield separately? That almost the exact thing I was thinking of making to protect my tail blinkers, but your welder is way better at welding than I am.

Mike

Fire me a PM and we'll figure it out.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:00 PM, Stujamur said:

Mad keen too find out if this will work with the Rally Raid soft panniers racks

if anyone makes it work please post up 

You nailed it man!  I am dying to know that as well. Really want that RR soft luggage rack too. How about it @Cameladv ?

Unboxed! Nicely done Cory! Fit up will commence tomorrow evening!

IMG_20210208_193328.jpg

IMG_20210208_193000.jpg

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, BLZ2DWL said:

Is this a loose bolt, Cory? 1492363681_ScreenShot2021-02-08at9_13_50PM.png.0cd8a92277668dd555f7fe1a356bfc20.png

We're aware 😉