Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor

We just added 25 units to stock. If you want one, jump on it, they won't last!

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

IMG_1376.thumb.jpg.2dc3ba9417c70602db93fca73ee29ff6.jpgIMG_1379.thumb.jpg.c53cb441d482d95a3d14e2db277f2dae.jpg

Installed mine today as well. Fits wonderfully with the AS luggage racks. About 1/2" of space between the can and the AS right rack. No need for the blinker heat shield as my ~2" turn signals are not in the line of fire. Thanks Cory! Great work as always by @Camel ADV! One finger clutch next...

Edited by TonyB
  • Like 6

Thanks Cory, mine arrived today in Australia. Took about 3/4 of an hour to install. Sounds great, nice deep growl! I had to  pack out my  Adventurespec side rack, but I'm running a B&B rear rack  and the  spacers were about 6mm now 12mm from B&B to side rack. Also  had to persuade the hanger bracket in a bit  for about 8mm of clearance. Maybe I should have dropped my bike on the right side a few times to adjust the hanger before installing the new system. 😊😉

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

We just added 25 units to stock. If you want one, jump on it, they won't last!

No kidding, down to lucky 7 remaining when I stumbled in. Ordered! 

• Like 1

• Camel ADV changed the title to Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV High Mount Exhaust (UK/EU Road Legal Edition!)

My kit arrived today, I've just installed it and made it UK/EU road legal in the process.

I used a mini pipe-cutter to cut the stock hanger off to make sure a got a nice clean square cut. Its designed to cut copper pipe, but with a fresh wheel and patience it will go through. Make plenty of passes around the tube each time you add blade pressure and you won't break it! I needed to use pliers to put an 1/8th of a turn of blade pressure on at a time.

Cuttingjpg.thumb.jpg.47b626a80da92ab81f57b33133101756.jpg

To make it EU/UK road legal I fitted the Max Torque Can end-can I already had fitted to the bike! 😄 

Top.thumb.jpg.bd23485ccc668a26f8ca83db1469227c.jpg

It's slightly longer than the Camel ADV can, but it slips straight on to the Camel ADV link pipe and is secured using the Max Torque clamp (no need for the springs). The mounting band bolts straight to the Camel ADV mounting bracket.  No modifications at all.

large.Sidesmall.jpg.b99ea3c28c58e39e7b4bf1e73d3a90d7.jpg

I'll probably actually run the supplied Camel ADV can, but at least I know I can easily re-fit a road legal one for MOT purposes!

Edited by CReamflourish
Image added
  • Like 9

Couple more images of the exhaust from the rear on my bike with T7Rally tail tidy and Yamaha LED blinkers. 

You don't blast the indicator directly with exhaust gases, but its in the ball park to get a good warming! I'll probably risk it without the heat shield for a few rides and monitor it.

With this setup it might be slightly better with the dB killer in the Camel ADV end can as the orifice is smaller and I think the exhaust gas stream will be narrower and should in theory fire more heat past the blinker. 

RearCamel.thumb.jpg.4c2f8595981c4a122abd151b394e7b6f.jpg

With the EU/UK road legal Max Torque can (and dB killer fitted):

RaerMax.thumb.jpg.d8af91d61f5fcdbcf7f4fb67fda406d0.jpg

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, CReamflourish said:

Couple more images of the exhaust from the rear on my bike with T7Rally tail tidy and Yamaha LED blinkers. 

You don't blast the indicator directly with exhaust gases, but its in the ball park to get a good warming! I'll probably risk it without the heat shield for a few rides and monitor it.

With this setup it might be slightly better with the dB killer in the Camel ADV end can as the orifice is smaller and I think the exhaust gas stream will be narrower and should in theory fire more heat past the blinker. 

RearCamel.thumb.jpg.4c2f8595981c4a122abd151b394e7b6f.jpg

With the EU/UK road legal Max Torque can (and dB killer fitted):

RaerMax.thumb.jpg.d8af91d61f5fcdbcf7f4fb67fda406d0.jpg

Thanks for the heads up about the Max Torque muffler!

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 4:20 PM, TonyB said:

IMG_1376.thumb.jpg.2dc3ba9417c70602db93fca73ee29ff6.jpgIMG_1379.thumb.jpg.c53cb441d482d95a3d14e2db277f2dae.jpg

Installed mine today as well. Fits wonderfully with the AS luggage racks. About 1/2" of space between the can and the AS right rack. No need for the blinker heat shield as my ~2" turn signals are not in the line of fire. Thanks Cory! Great work as always by @Camel ADV! One finger clutch next...

What blinkers are you running?  Thanks.

14 hours ago, projected said:

What blinkers are you running?  Thanks.

https://www.off-the-road.de/en/700-Tenere/Electrics-Lighting/LED-Indicator-Tail-light-X1.html

They are super bright LEDs and around 2" (~55-60mm installed) total length. Well out of direct blast with the new can. Not the cheapest on the market by any means. I ordered some levers from these guys as well and this kit is great quality you would expect from the Germans, albeit at a cost. I got the T7 front signals as well from their website. Any LED flasher relay will work. They sell these as well. I'm using Cory's tail tidy.

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
10 hours ago, Ichnusa said:

Hey Cory,

when can we expect to buy the kit with a Wings muffler?

Wings isn't going to happen unfortunately. We weren't able to come to an agreement with them. We are working with another manufacturer though. They have ECE certification and spark arrestors available too.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Supporting Vendor

@projected I see you replied to the post above with the sad emoji. We won't be selling Wings can but it will be possible to run the can with the kit. It requires some messing around. We'll do a DIY video once we get one on the required parts here.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

@projected I see you replied to the post above with the sad emoji. We won't be selling Wings can but it will be possible to run the can with the kit. It requires some messing around. We'll do a DIY video once we get one on the required parts here.

Nice move, thank you. But will you offer the link pipe in this case separately?

• Like 1

@Camel ADVLOVE the next exhaust! Install was simple (thanks to that youtube video) and sounds perfect on the T7. Doesn't drone and nice and throaty.

Here's mine! Everyone needs this kit!

IMG_4398.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4420.jpg

• Like 7

Has anyone confirmed whether Camel's high exhaust will fit with Rally Raid's soft luggage racks?  Last I read was @MikeCMP was going to be our guinea pig.  Inquiring minds want to know.  👂

1 minute ago, Seventh Son said:

Has anyone confirmed whether Camel's high exhaust will fit with Rally Raid's soft luggage racks?  Last I read was @MikeCMP was going to be our guinea pig.  Inquiring minds want to know.  👂

I ended up with the huzzar exhaust, based on how low the RR racks come down and that the are straight and close o the bike.

I did not think it would work. Then again I thought the camel tank would work and have been working through the fitment there.  

I would guess, similar to my experience with the tank, you could run some spacers to make it work. I was hesitant as I was not sure I could prove it would work, really like the racks, and did not want to cut my hanger in case I did not work out.

I like the camel exhaust and wish I could run it, Cory makes great products!

Mike

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

I ended up with the huzzar exhaust, based on how low the RR racks come down and that the are straight and close o the bike.

I did not think it would work. Then again I thought the camel tank would work and have been working through the fitment there.  

I would guess, similar to my experience with the tank, you could run some spacers to make it work. I was hesitant as I was not sure I could prove it would work, really like the racks, and did not want to cut my hanger in case I did not work out.

I like the camel exhaust and wish I could run it, Cory makes great products!

Mike

Thanks Mike, appreciate the feedback.  I'm not in a hurry to replace my OEM exhaust, but ideally I'd like to get either a Wings can or the @Camel ADV high exhaust and make it work with the RR soft luggage racks.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

Thanks Mike, appreciate the feedback.  I'm not in a hurry to replace my OEM exhaust, but ideally I'd like to get either a Wings can or the @Camel ADV high exhaust and make it work with the RR soft luggage racks.

Yeah, after 1000 miles I had already bent the exhaust hanger twice, so figured I needed to do something about it. The better something would be to learn to ride better probably but the one drop was when my motorcycle jack broke so riding skills wouldn’t help there.

Mike

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Can you get the kit without the end can? 

Does look nice... 👍 

At the moment, we're only selling complete kits... it's early days.

We're working on sourcing ECE certified muffler with a spark arrestor option. We should have more samples in the shop this week.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

If you guys have good photos of you Camel equipped bikes, send them my way! I'd love to use them on our Facebook, Instagram and website!

Please email them to: info@camel-adv.com

• Like 2