Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

7 hours ago, Lupan said:

How about the motoz gps for offroad? thanks

Sorry, not keen to stray into talking tires in this custom exhaust thread. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Todd said:

Is anyone using the camel adv high exhaust kit with the Kriega OS tenere base?

Yes, no issues. 18ltr bags come close enough to warrant a heat shield but still plenty compatible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone tried this out with the OEM Yamaha paniers? I read through most of the 14 pages and saw several mentions of other side cases but n it the OEM, unless I kissed it. 

thanks

Have anyone tried MIVV exhaust with Camel midpipe and hunger?

I don't have any information about dimensions, but I "looks" fit and e-marked

oval-titanio-coppa-carbonio_big.jpg

Screenshot_20210515-150630.png

Dimensions fir mivv are : 99 width, 120 Height and 500 length end of inlet to end of outlet.

I think is just to long.

Leovince one evo is shorter but wider : 110 width, 125 height and around 400+ length.

Hpcorse 4-track r is short but height is big : 103  width, 150 height, 435 length. but also the inlet is 58...

Is a mess...

Edited by snpl

Don’t quite relate to the aversion many seem to have to the budget end can Cory offers with his affordable kit.
   Sure it’s the polar opposite of the overpriced boutique brands in price, but truth is ;

A) Quality is reasonable, it sounds great, looks fine & fits the bike well.  

B) Engine performance is no worse than any other option.
     C) Replacement cost is so affordable you could crang your way through a half dozen of them before approaching the expense of other ridiculously costly units.

Dropping the bike with impunity without any concern for your precious pricey exhaust. 
    For real world, off-road practicality, it makes total sense & does the job wonderfully. 
    To each their own though, it’s your money, spend it as you will.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Don’t quite relate to the aversion many seem to have to the budget end can Cory offers with his affordable kit.
   Sure it’s the polar opposite of the overpriced boutique brands in price, but truth is ;

C) Replacement cost is so affordable you could crang your way through a half dozen of them before approaching the expense of other ridiculously costly units.

Dropping the bike with impunity without any concern for your precious pricey exhaust. 
    For real world, off-road practicality, it makes total sense & does the job wonderfully. 

Preach it brother! And I agree with you-love mine and it sounds so sweet when you wring it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Your arguments are valid. But within Europian Union installation of non-homologated silencers and/or catalytic converters is prohibited and considered an illegal activity.

Camel adv solution is great. I have installed one also. But having an eu approved silencer makes life easier.

3 hours ago, snpl said:

Your arguments are valid. But within Europian Union installation of non-homologated silencers and/or catalytic converters is prohibited and considered an illegal activity.

Camel adv solution is great. I have installed one also. But having an eu approved silencer makes life easier.

Completely understood. Luckily those of us in the more relatively wild west still enjoy freedom from such regulations....at least for now.

• Supporting Vendor
On 5/14/2021 at 8:02 PM, ManBearPig said:

Has anyone tried this out with the OEM Yamaha paniers? I read through most of the 14 pages and saw several mentions of other side cases but n it the OEM, unless I kissed it. 

thanks

The OEM Yamaha pannier racks fit well with the high exhaust. We have a set of them that are often used on our shop bike.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Supporting Vendor
23 hours ago, troxxos said:

Have anyone tried MIVV exhaust with Camel midpipe and hunger?

I don't have any information about dimensions, but I "looks" fit and e-marked

oval-titanio-coppa-carbonio_big.jpg

Screenshot_20210515-150630.png

The height of the hanger bracket and the fact that it isn't fixed in one position is a great start. If the inlet is 51mm, it might be a viable option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

The height of the hanger bracket and the fact that it isn't fixed in one position is a great start. If the inlet is 51mm, it might be a viable option.

The inlet internal diameter is 55mm.

But they have in their catalogue an inlet pipe  (00.73.KU.00006) to convert from 51mm to 55mm.

It just adds 100mm of length. Will this be ok?

Screenshot_20210516-123243_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, snpl said:

The inlet internal diameter is 55mm.

But they have in their catalogue an inlet pipe  (00.73.KU.00006) to convert from 51mm to 55mm.

It just adds 100mm of length. Will this be ok?

Screenshot_20210516-123243_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Most of the 37mm portion would be inside the muffler so it wouldn't be the full 110mm length. I'd be tempted to cut the 53mm OD part of the adaptor down as short as possible. I'm cautiously optimistic that it could be made to work.

Mounted the new exhaust and was soooo easy thanks to the little jig they provide to tell you where to cut the hanger. Started her up and there was moisture leaking out the header. Is that normal like part of the burn in process? Wasnt the graphite seal getting squished or something?

I had the same thing. Used a tiny bit of automotive silicone which solved it. After a 1000 miles I still have moisture dripping from the exhaust can rivets.

If your system still includes a cat, water is a normal exhaust byproduct to be expected. It’s going to find a way out somewhere. The stock can included a small drain hole at the low point for it.

On 5/14/2021 at 9:02 PM, ManBearPig said:

thanks

Also wondering this. I have a camel ADV tail tidy plus factory luggage rack and hard panniers. Compatible?

52 minutes ago, ducaticowboy said:

Also wondering this. I have a camel ADV tail tidy plus factory luggage rack and hard panniers. Compatible?

On 5/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, Camel ADV said:

The OEM Yamaha pannier racks fit well with the high exhaust. We have a set of them that are often used on our shop bike.

• Like 1

Has anyone with a camel adv high exhaust tried to install an ohlins stx46 shock?

I am wandering that since the original hanger is no longer in place if it will be possible to mount the hydraulic preload adjuster.

Any advice?

12 hours ago, snpl said:

Has anyone with a camel adv high exhaust tried to install an ohlins stx46 shock?

I am wandering that since the original hanger is no longer in place if it will be possible to mount the hydraulic preload adjuster.

Any advice?

I just installed my  Öhlins STX 46 a couple weeks ago and I did the Camel high exhaust install at the same time.

I attached the remote spring hydraulic preload adjuster onto the top passenger footpeg mounting bolt location with a longer bolt and some spacers. Removed the passenger pegs. Coming back to this later and clean it a bit better. Works for now.

z5Br6L1l.jpg

It's out of the way of the tire and swingarm travel. I'm going back and adjust the banjo fitting angle to allow better line routing. Easy enough to reach the adjustment knob still.

9sCWpLn.jpg

These are the Givi pannier mounts, not the Yamaha OEM ones. Camel tail tiddy with the Euro Yamaha LED turn indicators + shield.

32h2wij.jpg

Great work. Thank you for the info!

You think it is possible to mount the adjuster on the left side passenger footpeg?