Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

58 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

What is the weight savings here over the factory pieces? I may have missed that.

I didn't weigh mine when I installed the CAMEL kit, but it is a noticeable difference and I bet it is 4-5 lbs lighter than stock if I had to guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the skid plate and the tail tidy kit today. Eagerly awaiting a high exhaust version that works with the Wings exhaust! USFS spark arrestor along with that would be the bomb! (no sparks intended)

• Supporting Vendor
On 5/28/2021 at 8:56 AM, ManBearPig said:

What is the weight savings here over the factory pieces? I may have missed that.

It's just shy of 5lbs difference.

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 4 weeks later...

Since this kit mates up to the OEM header, is it safe to assume that it is compatible with any aftermarket header that can also be used with the stock slip-on?

• Supporting Vendor
13 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Since this kit mates up to the OEM header, is it safe to assume that it is compatible with any aftermarket header that can also be used with the stock slip-on?

That is correct.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, Camel ADV said:

That is correct.

Awesome, thanks. 

unfortunately, my indecisiveness has bitten me. 

been doing research and trying. To decide which route I wanted to go. Finally decided on your high mount kit but now see it is out of stock. 

Any idea when you’ll have more kits available? Or is the shipping holding you up indefinitely again?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

I'm happy to announce we now have a drop-in spark arrestor for the exhaust kit. We couldn't find anything suitable off-the-shelf do we had to have them custom made.

They are on the website and ready to ship. https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha/products/51mm-od-spark-arrestor

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 7/8/2021 at 1:11 PM, ManBearPig said:

Awesome, thanks. 

unfortunately, my indecisiveness has bitten me. 

been doing research and trying. To decide which route I wanted to go. Finally decided on your high mount kit but now see it is out of stock. 

Any idea when you’ll have more kits available? Or is the shipping holding you up indefinitely again?

I missed your reply somehow. Yes, the world's supply chain is a freaking mess at the moment. We're having issues getting some products assembled and shipped. Example, our Africa Twin hugh fender kits have out of stock for months because we can't get a specific shoulder bolt we need. 99% of the parts are here but the smallest things are holding up completion.

We should have some news about exhaust kits shortly. We appreciate your patience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cory, is this issue holding up the high exhaust kit for the Wings muffler too? Eagerly awaiting it. 

• Supporting Vendor
On 8/5/2021 at 11:35 PM, doniv said:

Cory, is this issue holding up the high exhaust kit for the Wings muffler too? Eagerly awaiting it. 

The supply chain issues are holding everything up. I *hope* to have some news for you mid next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Admittedly haven't read through all 15 pages of this thread, but I do have this high exhaust kit installed on my bike, and wondering what experience people have with side luggage rack compatibility. Really like the AS side racks and will get some soft luggage (still deciding which) to go with it, but want to make sure this slick animal will fit in underneath. 

Cory have you done much testing in this regard?

• Supporting Vendor
23 hours ago, Cojax said:

Admittedly haven't read through all 15 pages of this thread, but I do have this high exhaust kit installed on my bike, and wondering what experience people have with side luggage rack compatibility. Really like the AS side racks and will get some soft luggage (still deciding which) to go with it, but want to make sure this slick animal will fit in underneath. 

Cory have you done much testing in this regard?

The AS racks are OK but you will need 10mm spacers to move the right side rack out. 

The OEM Yamaha racks, Touratech Zega, Ride ADV.AU solo racks and SW Motech units are all good. Some of the Outback Motortek racks are good but some of them just slightly hit the front of the muffler. We've made the link pipe a hair longer to move the muffler back a bit, that seems to have solved the issue.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 8:32 AM, Hammerhead said:

Yes, no issues. 18ltr bags come close enough to warrant a heat shield but still plenty compatible.

Do you have photos of your Kriega/Camel partnership? Most importantly, the OS system with 18l bags. I’m hoping to stay away from racks. 

Edited by Todd

8 hours ago, Todd said:

Do you have photos of your Kriega/Camel partnership? Most importantly, the OS system with 18l bags. I’m hoping to stay away from racks. 

Not that detail clearance, but as stated, they’re plenty compatible. 18’s being  the only size to warrant a heat shield & even then it’s not like the bag is draped over the pipe, just comes close in one spot.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

If any of you are using a different muffler with our link pipe and hanger bracket, I'd love to know what you have and how you like it (part numbers would be excellent). Please include details like whether it's E-marked for use in Europe or if it has a spark arrestor etc if you can.

I want to get a list going of what mufflers fit, no better why to do that than to tap into the group's knowledge!

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

We FINALLY have high exhaust kits again... well, that's not entirely true. We have everything BUT mufflers. We put a video up on YouTube discussing the changes to the kit.

The first change is that we now have an option to buy the kit without the muffler. If you order the kit without a muffler, make sure to watch the update video. There are critical dimensions and considerations that you need to have in mind when choosing a muffler! The kit without the muffler is $100 cheaper than the full kit.

The second change is that the link pipes are no longer being fabricated in-house. The pipe are extremely time consuming (over an hour per link pipe) and we simply could not keep up with the demand doing them by hand. They are now robotically welded overseas which has lowered our cost. We are able to reduce the cost of the kit by another $50.

*If you want a hand-welded link pipe, they will be available by request at the original price*

Watch the video to the end, guess the bike weight in the YouTube comments for a chance to win one of the high exhaust kits (without muffler).

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Not that robots aren’t appreciable, but glad I scored a first gen link pipe that was so expertly welded by “a dude”…. Something about the individual old school nature of hand crafted parts is exceptionally appealing in the robotic age.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
24 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Not that robots aren’t appreciable, but glad I scored a first gen link pipe that was so expertly welded by “a dude”…. Something about the individual old school nature of hand crafted parts is exceptionally appealing in the robotic age.

I wish we could have kept doing them but Matt was going bug-eyed and couldn't keep up with the demand. He's still willing and and able to do them on request for people who want a hand-crafted piece.

• Like 5

Really glad not to see "out of stock" anymore for these kits! The update video is very appreciated for giving everyone an explanation of the situation, so thank you for sharing all of that. Perhaps @Camel ADV should start a new thread for the brave souls experimenting with untested mufflers where we can share our progress. I myself am very curious if the GP1 Dominator is able to fit.🤔

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, ProbablyAGuy said:

Perhaps @Camel ADV should start a new thread for the brave souls experimenting with untested mufflers where we can share our progress. I myself am very curious if the GP1 Dominator is able to fit.🤔

That is a damn good idea!

**Edit, on second thought, perhaps it's better to keep it all in this thread rather and starting another thread. Feel free to post your muffler findings here.

• Like 1

Has anyone yet discovered whether the high exhaust works with the Rally Raid Soft Luggage Racks?

I've got a set of the RideADV racks on the way, but I really do like the RR racks and I'm not excited about losing my ability to take a passenger.

@Camel ADV Great to hear that the new link pipe only is underway. Any idea when you will be supplying the UK?

Also, did I hear correctly in your video that you have a compact rack for the T7? 

Thanks

• Supporting Vendor
10 hours ago, Duncan666 said:

@Camel ADV Great to hear that the new link pipe only is underway. Any idea when you will be supplying the UK?

Also, did I hear correctly in your video that you have a compact rack for the T7? 

Thanks

There is no ETA for a new pipe. We're working on things which is a long way from actually announcing anything let alone shipping anything.

Yes, there is a small tail rack that is very close to going on the website.