Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, BLZ2DWL said:

Black Widow SC30H. Perfect fit. Easy install. Very happy. Thanks, Cory!

A1845772-B57F-49B8-BD7B-DAE922AA196D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.ea928e241542bfee90a6dcb145ee5adc.jpegF964933A-ED64-408E-954B-748AC207E470_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2d0bf5aebd2529b13d4973e32bb5c53b.jpeg1C5369BC-ECBA-47FE-8844-D6E6410B8871_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7f26500925e9902e5cc97c0c9d84fb92.jpeg

Looks great. Thanks for your support!

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

I just mounted up my Camel high mount with the same Black Widow muffler pictured above as well. 

also very, very happy with it. 

• Like 1

Just like to add my voice......fitted the kit plus Black Widow and thoroughly tested for a full day yesterday including one high speed off which would have bent the original pipe/bracket beyond recognition (as I know from experience). No ill effects on the Camel kit even with a direct hit. If you are pushing your limits off road, have average skills as I do (and so end up with the bike on the ground from time-to-time) then this kit solves the exhaust bending issue.

Fits perfectly, looks great and the unexpected bonus is that the sound with the Black Widow is just superb, particularly under load in 2nd and 3rd gears.

IMO this is one of the best upgrades you can do for the bike if you use it off road.

2021-10-17 15.32.55.jpg

2021-10-17 15.33.52.jpg

2021-10-16 13.39.34_3.jpg

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
On 10/17/2021 at 9:39 AM, Heedcase said:

Just like to add my voice......fitted the kit plus Black Widow and thoroughly tested for a full day yesterday including one high speed off which would have bent the original pipe/bracket beyond recognition (as I know from experience). No ill effects on the Camel kit even with a direct hit. If you are pushing your limits off road, have average skills as I do (and so end up with the bike on the ground from time-to-time) then this kit solves the exhaust bending issue.

Fits perfectly, looks great and the unexpected bonus is that the sound with the Black Widow is just superb, particularly under load in 2nd and 3rd gears.

IMO this is one of the best upgrades you can do for the bike if you use it off road.

2021-10-17 15.32.55.jpg

2021-10-17 15.33.52.jpg

2021-10-16 13.39.34_3.jpg

Thanks for the feedback! That Black Widow UN30CH is a great fit with the kit. It's definitely my favorite at this point.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, BLZ2DWL said:

Black Widow SC30H. Perfect fit. Easy install. Very happy. Thanks, Cory!

A1845772-B57F-49B8-BD7B-DAE922AA196D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.ea928e241542bfee90a6dcb145ee5adc.jpegF964933A-ED64-408E-954B-748AC207E470_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2d0bf5aebd2529b13d4973e32bb5c53b.jpeg1C5369BC-ECBA-47FE-8844-D6E6410B8871_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7f26500925e9902e5cc97c0c9d84fb92.jpeg

Looks fantastic! I love the clean unbranded look. What was your method to remove the black widow sticker/label? Was it a pain?

47 minutes ago, devind93 said:

Looks fantastic! I love the clean unbranded look. What was your method to remove the black widow sticker/label? Was it a pain?

Sticker comes separate, so just leave it off. 

• Supporting Vendor

Out of the blue, a cube van showed up with a bunch of mufflers! The tracking was still showing them sitting in a customs lockup in Vancouver 🤔

Regardless, I'm glad to finally have them here. I pulled our apprentice welder out of the fab shop to help our shipper get a bunch of kits packed this afternoon. We should be good to ship for tomorrow.

I know some of you have been waiting along time for restock on these, I appreciate your patience!

1951978393_image000000-22.thumb.jpg.adadcf13a0938109643d801d3315c4f8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Out of the blue, a cube van showed up with a bunch of mufflers! The tracking was still showing them sitting in a customs lockup in Vancouver 🤔

Regardless, I'm glad to finally have them here. I pulled our apprentice welder out of the fab shop to help our shipper get a bunch of kits packed this afternoon. We should be good to ship for tomorrow.

I know some of you have been waiting along time for restock on these, I appreciate your patience!

Great news, bummer for me since I just spent a fortune on Black Window to go with your kit. I guess I should have been more patient. Nah. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Appreciate this update, thanks man. Order incoming!

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Supporting Vendor
55 minutes ago, Truckeemtb said:

Great news, bummer for me since I just spent a fortune on Black Window to go with your kit. I guess I should have been more patient. Nah. 

They were ordered 4(?) months ago and were supposed to be here in 6 weeks. That's why we kept saying we didn't have an ETA. If we had said 6 weeks then kept extending it, it's not good for anyone. 

7 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

They were ordered 4(?) months ago and were supposed to be here in 6 weeks. That's why we kept saying we didn't have an ETA. If we had said 6 weeks then kept extending it, it's not good for anyone. 

No worries, I could of waited, looks like your kit shows up Monday. 

• Like 1

Just installed Black Widow with Camel. Thanks Cory. Packaging is insane and your video is easy to follow. Install went smooth, I think. Down to tires, tail tidy and "done" for a while. 

20211101_201515.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Truckeemtb said:

Just installed Black Widow with Camel. Thanks Cory. Packaging is insane and your video is easy to follow. Install went smooth, I think. Down to tires, tail tidy and "done" for a while. 

20211101_201515.jpg

Make sure you have something underneath those Giant Loop bags on painted surfaces. They gouge and scratch the body work underneath bad. Even on my 500 EXCF, they dug into the plastic underneath and did some damage. I personally won't run those on my 700, they are not "wear" friendly to painted parts. 

Yeah, I just finished a trip with the new Camel/Black Widow combo. Worked great. My AltRider bags left some marks on my fairing. Oh well. The Black Widow can, however, was cool to the touch after riding for hours, so no concerns with soft bags and the muffler. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear that it doesn't get too hot. Will have to experiment a little. I have a few headsheilds in case I need to put on. Might be fine without on the little Giant Loop day trip bags but Mosko 40l will probably need them. 

I would prefer to not have scratches, gouges etc but it's fine with me. It's a motorcycle and meant to be used. I do have automotive clear bra under it, though I am sure it will go through that eventually. All my dirt bikes the plastics get scraped up. It's part of the deal. I really don't want to bolt even more parts onto the Tenere. At least on my Husky TX300 the plastics are cheap to replace, not so much on these. My truck and cars are flawless but motorcycles, mtn bikes, skis, snowmobiles etc are going to take some damage when used. I do have bark busters, water pump protection, crash bar and skid plate. Back in the day we used to say "tools not jewels" and that remains true for me. 

• Like 1

Just ordered after reading through this thread. It will fit nicely with the growing pile of Camel parts in my entry way! Now if the bike would just show up... 

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, Larson627 said:

Just ordered after reading through this thread. It will fit nicely with the growing pile of Camel parts in my entry way! Now if the bike would just show up... 

Appreciated!

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
4 hours ago, Sigi said:

Hi guys,

finally there is a european version is available:

IMG_5595.JPG.bf2b09bd6313ad3679a12004814

E-approved WINGS muffler with CAMEL ADV high mount system for Yamaha 700 Tenere

Yes, it's been a long time coming! The guys at Rally Motor are Wings dealer and were able to have a special run of modified mufflers and clamps made for a seamless and simple installation.

We'll have the shorter brackets available on our website soon.

• Like 1

It's almost €100 cheaper when you buy the high mount kit at Camel ADV themself and the Wings muffler at Rally Motor.
But how much less than the €100 depends on the shipping costs.

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

It's almost €100 cheaper when you buy the high mount kit at Camel ADV themself and the Wings muffler at Rally Motor.
But how much less than the €100 depends on the shipping costs.

Rally Motor's price includes VAT, our's doesn't.

6 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Rally Motor's price includes VAT, our's doesn't.

Okay, to be honest i think that's stupid because i like to see what i have to pay when i see it.

• Supporting Vendor
19 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Okay, to be honest i think that's stupid because i like to see what i have to pay when i see it.

I understand that VAT is included in the price in the EU. In North America, the additional taxes are not included in the advertised price. We would be at a serious disadvantage against our local competitors if our prices included taxes and theirs didn't. Also, local taxes are usually 0-10% not the +20% VAT that is paid in the EU.

For sales to countries outside the US or Canada, the taxes are paid when it arrives in that country. If we're advertising a price with VAT then charged a customer a price without VAT (since it will be collected when it arrives), that is also confusing for people. We have dealers in many countries so people can order locally and pay the way they are used to paying. 

• Thanks 1