Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Moderators

Thanks Cory! Stellar pipe kit and happy it works well with Tusk pannier racks. Love the lines too, really makes the bike! Bravo!

20211219_141552.jpg

• Like 4

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/18/2021 at 4:40 PM, kainic said:

High exhaust with black widow looks great. 

Does the black widow have a spark arrestor?

Our spark arrestor works with the Black Widow muffler.

• Like 2

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using the dominator exhaust system (header and can) with the high exhaust lobster back and high exhaust bracket? I Really liked it on my last T7 and hoping to implement it on V2.0. 

TIA

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/5/2022 at 1:03 PM, Fraz's T7 said:

Has anyone tried using the dominator exhaust system (header and can) with the high exhaust lobster back and high exhaust bracket? I Really liked it on my last T7 and hoping to implement it on V2.0. 

TIA

The Dominator header is OK but the muffler inlet is too small to accept our link pipe.

• Like 1

Has anyone used this with the TUSK EXCURSION RACKLESS LUGGAGE SYSTEM?  Also any issues arise with passengers foot being close to pipe?

I just installed my CamelADV high exhaust. I had to remove my AdventureSpec top and side racks to get it to fit (I knew this going forward). Anyone know what hardware I need to clear the CamelADV pipe and be able to use my AdventureSpec top and side racks?

• Supporting Vendor
13 hours ago, credfield said:

Has anyone used this with the TUSK EXCURSION RACKLESS LUGGAGE SYSTEM?  Also any issues arise with passengers foot being close to pipe?

We get lots of questions about the exhaust compatibility with X, Y or Z brand of soft bags. The OEM T7 exhaust is lower than most other ADV bikes but moving it up puts it in the same area that most mufflers are. The angle of the muffler is steeper but the tip is angled so the exhaust gas is coming out a much flatter. Almost all of the soft bag kits come with, or have a heat shield available to keep bags from resting on the muffler.

There are a secondary set of wire heel guards to protect the passenger's feet too. You can see in the last photo that the pipe is red hot but the guards are still black.  They are very hot of course but far less than the pipe itself. Obviously, the pipe in the pic is far hotter than it ever would be when operating. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 2.52.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 2.51.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 2.50.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 2.49.13 AM.png

IMG_7401.jpeg

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
11 hours ago, CA-T7 said:

I just installed my CamelADV high exhaust. I had to remove my AdventureSpec top and side racks to get it to fit (I knew this going forward). Anyone know what hardware I need to clear the CamelADV pipe and be able to use my AdventureSpec top and side racks?

If you add 10mm spacers between the top rack mounts and the side racks, they will move everything out enough to clear.

IMG_5480.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 2:05 AM, Camel ADV said:

If you add 10mm spacers between the top rack mounts and the side racks, they will move everything out enough to clear.

IMG_5480.JPG

Can I reuse the bolts that came with the ADVSpec kit or will they no longer be long enough? Just wondering if I need to order new bolts along with the 10mm spacers. I wasn't able to find spacers at the local Ace Hardware.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, CA-T7 said:

Can I reuse the bolts that came with the ADVSpec kit or will they no longer be long enough? Just wondering if I need to order new bolts along with the 10mm spacers. I wasn't able to find spacers at the local Ace Hardware.

The bolts included with the ADV Spec racks are likely not long enough. I don't recall what length they are, I haven't worked with their kit for quite awhile.

Hey CA-T7,

you need longer M8 bolts (1x 90mm, 1x 70mm) and 1 M6 (25mm). I have found spacers at ebay but they were not available. I have ordered my spacers at a metal working shop.

Regards

Sigi

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Sigi said:

Hey CA-T7,

you need longer M8 bolts (1x 90mm, 1x 70mm) and 1 M6 (25mm). I have found spacers at ebay but they were not available. I have ordered my spacers at a metal working shop.

Regards

Sigi

Thanks for posting the bolt specs 👍

On 1/26/2022 at 10:50 PM, Sigi said:

Hey CA-T7,

Regards

Sigi

I haven't been able to find any metal spacers locally. I wonder if I can get away with a handful of washer or a nylon spacer temporarily.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, CA-T7 said:

I haven't been able to find any metal spacers locally. I wonder if I can get away with a handful of washer or a nylon spacer temporarily.

A stack of washers will get the job done short term. 

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor

Our v2 Enduro Bend High Exhaust is finally up on the site! Lots of you have been patiently waiting (other not so much😅). 

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-parts-and-accessories/products/700-tenere-t7-high-exhaust-enduro-bend

A lot of people wanted a less aggressive/less "rally sweep" exhaust. There are already a few options that place the muffler high and right at the back, (Huzar, MVIV, HP Corse etc) we wanted to go a different route. I really fell in love with the look of this render (no idea who actually made it). We modeled our Enduro Bend after it.164655247_10158897047125822_4322440649596282487_o.thumb.jpeg.2e02e8ddc58079626fc752ca5b220e28.jpegIMG_1101.thumb.JPG.e5884f3762696d3828a3c858cb2cbb64.JPG

Of course, renders and real-world are two different things... we need to be rooted in reality!

The v2 Enduro Bend kit has all the same goodness of the v1 Rally bend... and the pricing is the same despite this pipe having 40% more welding.

• 2" Stainless TIG welded Lobster Back pipe 
  • Our Patented 6061 billet aluminum hanger bracket
  • Wire heal guards
  • Optional "Standard" muffler
  • Optional Scorpion Red Power premium muffler upgrade

I ran this pipe for most of the 2021 season. It saw all of our usual punishment like the rock gardens at out local Enduro Cross track, looping out on rock ledges, crashing our brains out while crossing slippery logs, raced a hare scramble and got sprayed with salt water for over and hour while riding on the beach in Baja. As always, we've tested the s^&t out of this thing!

This kit is intended for people who ride solo and use rackless soft bags. The link pipe routing and pillion pegs don't play well together. Same deal for hard pannier racks. Some of the softbag plate style pannier racks will work. We'll add a full list as we get more confirmations.

IMG_1100.thumb.JPG.270105b03e0d64a0df455c4e36917670.JPG

IMG_1965.thumb.JPG.63d6f8112b4f15923a65f34a7f9c929d.JPG

IMG_1185.thumb.JPG.871d21d9b4e54a6f2aabae33367fee50.JPGIMG_1560.thumb.JPG.ff1c41127cfd77a819a28ab8300f9a41.JPGIMG_7957.thumb.jpeg.831730168902591357197345bb0a9bef.jpegIMG_7951.thumb.jpeg.6833099e60f245f6f0176a02ea8a3e8e.jpeg

• Like 5

I realy like this one but the stupid Euro regulations.

I agree that loud is out, okay not realy but i understand that i have to accept it to keep as much places accesible (stupid snowflakes).

Here in NL it's ptetty much OK if you don't go past the dB limit but Germany where i have ro pass daily wants the E aproval stamp.

• Moderators

My question is whether the link pipe is interchangeable. If someone has your original kit, can they upgrade just by getting the new link pipe from you? Cheers, thanks for your time.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

@Camel ADVDo you retain the original exhaust bracket or does it need cutting off? Couldn’t quite make it out on the phone. 👍  Cheers. Looks smart. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Dougie said:

@Camel ADVDo you retain the original exhaust bracket or does it need cutting off? Couldn’t quite make it out on the phone. 👍  Cheers. Looks smart. 

@Dougie The second pic in the post announcing this pipe option shows the Camel modified mount, so yes, looks like the same mount as the Rally style.  @Camel ADVThe laser engraving looks really sharp,  nice touch!

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I realy like this one but the stupid Euro regulations.

I agree that loud is out, okay not realy but i understand that i have to accept it to keep as much places accesible (stupid snowflakes).

Here in NL it's ptetty much OK if you don't go past the dB limit but Germany where i have ro pass daily wants the E aproval stamp.

An e-Mark Wings muffler that is compatible with our kit is available from Rally Moto NL. https://www.rally-motor.nl/epages/83531796.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/83531796/Products/WINGS700Tenere2 It's got a larger inlet and has the proper muffler hanger included.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, kainic said:

Looks great. Any idea if this works with RideADV racks?

We haven't seen the Ride ADV racks in person. The angle the pillion peg mounting tube comes off the frame is the issue with most hard pannier racks. They run right into the muffler. We are working on our own racks that will be compatible with both versions of the exhaust as well as the Camel Tank. No ETA at this time though.

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

My question is whether the link pipe is interchangeable. If someone has your original kit, can they upgrade just by getting the new link pipe from you? Cheers, thanks for your time.

The pipe itself is a direct swap. You will need to clearance the hanger bracket a hair though. The muffler angle is different (obviously) so it contacts the bracket slightly. The bracket included in the v2 kit has a radiused corner. 2 mins with a metal file would be all that's needed to make the v1 bracket fit the v2 pipe.

• Thanks 1