Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

Allright.. finally I have made my mind. Enduro bend it is going to be.

Just that I like Wings exhaust looks much more and I have seen it on Rally bend. 

So my question is this. Does Enduro bend and Wings exhaust are going to work together?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wizna said:

Just that I like Wings exhaust looks much more and I have seen it on Rally bend. 

So my question is this. Does Enduro bend and Wings exhaust are going to work together?

Comment on page 2 on the Camel-ADV website states the Wings fit was tight, but it worked. IIRC,  Cory @Camel ADV has addressed this somewhere earlier in this thread. 

*Update: We have standard mufflers in stock again! Please be aware these units are different than the ones we were previously offering. The new muffler is all stainless steel rather than stainless with...

Edit: here's that reference. You'll need to read the previous 6 posts to see the Enduro bend reference. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, Wizna said:

The Wings and our Enduro bend will work together but they are a tight fit. The inlet of the Wings isn't a common size (50.25mm) and our pipe is 51mm. The Wings has 3 slots on the inlet though so it will expand to fit over...but it's tight. We have a Wings specific hanger clamp bracket (the original muffler hanger is too long). They are $50. You'll have to email us and we can add it to your order as it is not listed on the site.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Camel ADV I saw the website listing, but wanted to make sure. The latest version of muffler is the one *without* the carbon endcap, correct? 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Hey @Camel ADV I saw the website listing, but wanted to make sure. The latest version of muffler is the one *without* the carbon endcap, correct? 

Correct. The current muffler is all stainless, no carbon end cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through this thread has been super helpful.  As a result, I plan to go with the rally bend option and likely a Black Widow UN30H muffler.  

It seems conventional wisdom, however, is that replacing the header with a "decat" option is of marginal value, except for reducing weight, perhaps.  Is that the general consensus?  If I choose to replace the header, does anyone know which manufacturer's options will fit with the Camel ADV pipe?

• Like 1

I have my camel adv setup in order from the Spanish supplier

went with rally bend and the camel can

1 - is there a db killer that can be fitted if I find it too loud

2 - is there a common heat shield that fits nicely for pillion and also if have throw over luggage

My CamelADV exhaust came with a quite effective dB killer that is removable.  I mostly ride without it, but if I am going somewhere that noise is an issue, it is only one screw to install it.

• Supporting Vendor
On 1/30/2023 at 10:22 AM, JDMT said:

Reading through this thread has been super helpful.  As a result, I plan to go with the rally bend option and likely a Black Widow UN30H muffler.  

It seems conventional wisdom, however, is that replacing the header with a "decat" option is of marginal value, except for reducing weight, perhaps.  Is that the general consensus?  If I choose to replace the header, does anyone know which manufacturer's options will fit with the Camel ADV pipe?

Some aftermarket headers use a different diameter outlet and it doesn’t match the OEM link pipe size. Akrapovic and Scorpion use a different size (presumably so people have to use their link  pipes too?). Leo Vince and Black Widow are the original size of 42mm. I'm sure most headers are the OEM size but best to check before you buy.

17 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

My CamelADV exhaust came with a quite effective dB killer that is removable.  I mostly ride without it, but if I am going somewhere that noise is an issue, it is only one screw to install it.

Was that the carbon or all metal version?

hope have mine in few days

On 1/30/2023 at 10:22 AM, JDMT said:

It seems there may be conflicting information on the Outback and Camel websites regarding compatibility that I just want to clear up...  Has anyone else installed the Camel ADV high exhaust (rally bend) with Outback Motortek asymmetrical racks??? 

Well mine arrived yesterday, has all the camel extras and even few packets of sweets (son quickly gobbled them up)

I got a carbon end can so must have been old stock in the Spanish warehouse.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:29 PM, Camel ADV said:

Some aftermarket headers use a different diameter outlet and it doesn’t match the OEM link pipe size. Akrapovic and Scorpion use a different size (presumably so people have to use their link  pipes too?). Leo Vince and Black Widow are the original size of 42mm. I'm sure most headers are the OEM size but best to check before you buy.

Leo Vince header, your link pipe and black widow exhaust here. Installed yesterday. 

328374220_169298835836449_96083051989397

11 Likes, 0 Comments - Black Dog Moto (@black_dog_moto) on Instagram: "Installed the @camel_adv mid pipe to my replace the black widow mid pipe. Was real...

• Like 3

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Leo Vince header, your link pipe and black widow exhaust here. Installed yesterday. 

328374220_169298835836449_96083051989397

11 Likes, 0 Comments - Black Dog Moto (@black_dog_moto) on Instagram: "Installed the @camel_adv mid pipe to my replace the black widow mid pipe. Was real...

I saw your post and though you up loaded the wrong photo... didn't realize it was a video on IG !

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Tried searching but could not find definitive answers:

- Does the CAMEL ADV pipe work with the stock turn signals?

- Does it fit with the Outback MotorTek Pannier rack?

39 minutes ago, KidX said:

With stock signals and original tail yes will work

however if you have indicators moved up high and/or tail tidy fitted then no, will need LED indicators and fit the supplied camel-Adv LED indi guard

not sure about racks - however the exhaust mounts in close to the bike and doesnt seem affect any racks i have seen online, if anything once exhaust is fitted you may find have lot room between rack and bike/exhaust

Edited by john_aero
  • Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
6 hours ago, KidX said:

The OEM signals are OK in the stock location (no tail tidy). If you have a tail tidy, the OEM lights are too big to fit behind our heat shields and they can melt.

The Rally exhaust and OBMT racks have been ok in the past.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor

Great news for those of you waiting for Scorpion mufflers.... they finally arrived! We have a bunch of mufflers available but only a handful of their mounting clamps ... supply chain misalignments, sigh. About 10 kits available now, fully stocked mid next week.

We now have Ceramic Black as well as the regular stainless steel version.

image.jpeg.762b92f2f3ddef290b649287d99d7c49.jpegimage.jpeg.8d864adcb015254c97d6a0c3a8d2d066.jpeg

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor

Yes, you'll want a gasket between the two.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 3:08 PM, Camel ADV said:

Great news for those of you waiting for Scorpion mufflers.... they finally arrived! We have a bunch of mufflers available but only a handful of their mounting clamps ... supply chain misalignments, sigh. About 10 kits available now, fully stocked mid next week.

Any word on when High Exhaust with Enduro Bend (Standard Muffler) will be back in stock?

• Supporting Vendor
8 hours ago, TeneRico700 said:

Any word on when High Exhaust with Enduro Bend (Standard Muffler) will be back in stock?

We're working on it but I have no ETA at the moment. It's killing me to be out of stock this long!

• Like 2

On 3/3/2023 at 8:38 AM, Camel ADV said:

image.jpeg.762b92f2f3ddef290b649287d99d7c49.jpegimage.jpeg.8d864adcb015254c97d6a0c3a8d2d066.jpeg

Wish I'd have had that black option when I got mine.

YouTube - RIDER GUIDER - check out my T7 playlist and say hello 😀 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 10:20 PM, Camel ADV said:

We're working on it but I have no ETA at the moment. It's killing me to be out of stock this long!

Killing me too!! I’ll be ordering an enduro bend mid pipe the moment you post more for sale. My last needed upgrade!