Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
51 minutes ago, REDHORSECA said:

By chance will the Camel reserve tank be ready around the same time, for combined shipping savings?

I don't mind delaying one order to wait for the other to be available to be shipped together.

Within a week or two of each other assuming everything shows up on time.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

I assume the muffler is not EU approved? If it is not particularly loud, I am willing to take my chances and order a kit once available. Could you shed some light on what kind of muffler will be used in the final kit? Thanks!

• Like 1

yeah good point. I am very interested in this solution, but I dont want to give up Acrap.

33 minutes ago, Veider said:

yeah good point. I am very interested in this solution, but I dont want to give up Acrap.

I don’t have an Acura, but I think this was talked about earlier in the thread....

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/2/2020 at 11:22 PM, cabby said:

This has probably already been asked but how does the angle effect the rear blinkers ?? 

Discussed a couple pages back.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, simonr said:

I assume the muffler is not EU approved? If it is not particularly loud, I am willing to take my chances and order a kit once available. Could you shed some light on what kind of muffler will be used in the final kit? Thanks!

Discussed on page 5.

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• Moderators

Nice!  Your dedication to crash testing these products gives you tons of street dirt cred and instills confidence in your customers that this stuff actually works.  Bravo!

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Really liking your secret sauce bracket @Camel ADV...super slick and tractable for most people even if you’re not super mechanically inclined. I always liked the rally angle of your exhaust on your original T7, happy to see the general design carried over. 

Ill be breaking out the CC for sure. 

• Like 1

Watched the video also. Curious if the Rally Raid racks I literally just put on the bike would clear your exhaust. I took some pictures in my messy barn, I could do some measuring if that would help.

image.png.df9f6a2881ecdf31a77dc7cf51906cc5.png

image.thumb.png.7f814cfd1c4c1222e4d474aa097a0b55.png

image.thumb.png.566830973e3dd2d7cf7d1a9c172f0a54.png

image.thumb.png.42ed41ffe06c68041fc85aa69ce4ee79.png

• Like 2

By the way agree with the sentiment above, love the rally look and the bracket is pretty clever!

Mike

• Like 1

@Camel ADV    I watched the video twice, maybe i missed it, but did you mention pricing? 

I want to figure out how much money to hide from my wife so i can order ASAP lol 

@Camel ADV could you please check if these two fundamental kits for whom travels with soft panniers, are ok with your kit ?

1) Rally Raid "Soft Luggage Racks-RRP 632"

2) AdventureSpec "ADVENTURE-SPEC YAMAHA TENERE 700 SIDE LUGGAGE RACK" 

Thank you, great job !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 365moto.eu said:

@Camel ADV could you please check if these two fundamental kits for whom travels with soft panniers, are ok with your kit ?

1) Rally Raid "Soft Luggage Racks-RRP 632"

2) AdventureSpec "ADVENTURE-SPEC YAMAHA TENERE 700 SIDE LUGGAGE RACK" 

Thank you, great job !

He posted on pg 4 of this thread, with pics, that the AS side racks work. 

Edited by Vtamb81
  • Like 1

• Moderators

From the Camel-ADV webpage. "Pannier compatibility to be announced".

IMG_5557_medium.jpg?v=1607426658

There are so many things to love about the Yamaha 700 Tenere! Unfortunately, the exhaust is a bit of a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde situation. It looks and sounds amazing but it has a dark side. It's located low and wide and is mounted on a very long exhaust hanger that's welded to blockquote widget
  • Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

6 minutes ago, Vtamb81 said:

He posted on pg 4 of this thread, with pics, that the AS side racks work. 

Found it ! Thank you.

image.thumb.png.43b76381267fd176246abf0f380630e7.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AZJW said:

From the Camel-ADV webpage. "Pannier compatibility to be announced".

Pannier compatibility to be announced

Ok thanks !

• Like 2

Yeah I saw the adventure specs ones would work but the Rally Raid ones are a bit different, which is why I posted some images. Figured Corey could look and say yay or nay based on the pics. 

Thanks!

Mike

• Like 3

this is a great setup!
Wondering if we can add a baffle to the muffler.

Great job and thanks for bringing good product to the T7 owners!

• Like 1

Cory, way to go man! Great minds think alike!

I have some drawings of my high mount design clamp, and it started with the same concept.  I got the idea from when I mounted my Penske rear shock on my FZ-07 back in the day.  It was a $1200 shock, and they give you a $2 hose clamp and rubber offsets to mount it to the frame.  I'm like, Na-Uh, and used a mount like these:

misc-shockreservoirclamp2_1200x1200.thumb.jpeg.45e54a1aabac4c511b705babe2b5cfd2.jpeg

Reservoir-Mount.thumb.jpg.77806cc65e0bdb1ac9e51082cd99f1e2.jpg

When I saw the Tenere exhaust hangar, I immediately though, hmm, that concept could work wonders for the T7, and started to make my own version based on the same concept.

Glad to know I wasn't far off the mark 🙂

- Paul

• Like 1

Here's a quick-and-dirty rear-view visual comparison of clearance on the Adventure Spec and Rally Raid soft luggage side racks from existing images in this thread.  I realize this is not instructive on full compatibility by any measure.

IMG_5479.JPG.93e4c5d4e64dcab5a09b198a278a85cc.thumb.JPG.cef009ddef42717a9ef169d1db5306f0.JPGimage.png.df9f6a2881ecdf31a77dc7cf51906cc5.png.165cfaa979075723c33ed44b1065e6a5.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GreatDistances said:

Here's a quick-and-dirty rear-view visual comparison of clearance on the Adventure Spec and Rally Raid soft luggage side racks from existing images in this thread.  I realize this is not instructive on full compatibility by any measure.

Thanks for that. I looks like it might not work with the rally racks. the AS ones angle out then down instead of being a flat plane.

I'm not sure though - The Huzar exhaust is tucked in too and i saw a picture of a T700 with that and the rally raid racks. But I like the Camel product and like supporting them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeCMP said:

Thanks for that. I looks like it might not work with the rally racks. the AS ones angle out then down instead of being a flat plane.

I'm not sure though - The Huzar exhaust is tucked in too and i saw a picture of a T700 with that and the rally raid racks. But I like the Camel product and like supporting them. 

I'm in the same boat here, I have the RR side racks ready to mount and am now puzzling over potential compatibility issues.  That said, both Camel and Rally Raid are problem-solving companies so even if there's a clearance issue now, there might be a solution down the road a bit.

• Like 2