Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/19/2020 at 7:54 PM, Limey said:

Any updates on this system Cory ? Getting tired of straightening out that bracket. 

We finalized the mounting bracket... I'm very happy with it.

The link pipe is coming along quite nicely. Lots of decisions with it. It's quite labor intensive, taking nearly an hour to weld each pipe.

So the decision to make is:

1) Cut and weld it locally, keeping the $$$ here but have it cost twice as much 

2) Have it made overseas, it'll be far more affordable but employing people somewhere else

We have some overseas suppliers for some other things and their quality is top notch so that's not a non-issue. It simply comes down to $$ vs jobs. The patriotic choice is obvious but pragmatic choice is far more complicated.

• Like 6

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Make a high quality one from titanium in the USA and make a cheap stainless one abroad, that way you can feel good about giving employment in your own country and helping the economy, people who like the nicer things in life will pay the extra dollars and all the tight arse’s  will buy the cheap imported version 😉😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alf Meister said:

Make a high quality one from titanium in the USA and make a cheap stainless one abroad, that way you can feel good about giving employment in your own country and helping the economy, people who like the nicer things in life will pay the extra dollars and all the tight arse’s  will buy the cheap imported version 😉😀

Can't see the U.S being higher quality than Canadian made 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, close range said:

Really looking forward to this product. Willing to pay NA wages.

Same. It’s really disappointing Yamaha designed this ridiculous exhaust the way they did. Measured my swing arm today and I’m missing.012” .

46E61A9F-22F0-40C0-8FED-20AE1EC7DF98.jpeg

The exhaust construction looks fantastic!
Is it compatible with the adventure spec side racks?

Regards Sigi

Very excited about this exhaust!  Down to pay for something made in NA if that's available.  

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
On 9/29/2020 at 12:44 AM, Sigi said:

The exhaust construction looks fantastic!
Is it compatible with the adventure spec side racks?

Regards Sigi

My GF has the ADV Spec side racks so we'll give it a test when we have time. We're moving shops at the moment so everything is chaos!

Add me to the “likely to buy list” just based upon other experiences with Camel.

Now if I can find a near stock volume can that works, I would be happy

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, open1mind said:

Add me to the “likely to buy list” just based upon other experiences with Camel.

Now if I can find a near stock volume can that works, I would be happy

The one that will come with the kit is slight throaty... er without being annoying. 

• Like 4

On 10/9/2020 at 2:13 AM, Camel ADV said:

My GF has the ADV Spec side racks so we'll give it a test when we have time. We're moving shops at the moment so everything is chaos!

Thanks for your reply! Is also another silencer  required or can the original silencer be used?

5 hours ago, Sigi said:

Thanks for your reply! Is also another silencer  required or can the original silencer be used?

This was answered at the beginning of the post, the answer was No.

I know its been answered but for those who have the original akrapovic on the Rally  it would be a real shame to have to change exhaust to a aftermarket unit.#justsayin:))

• Like 2

I’d be interested in this setup, but having the Akro silencer already, I’d be interested in the pip and bracket only please, is that a possible option?

• Supporting Vendor

Does the Rally Akro have the pipe attached or is it a separate link pipe?

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

Does the Rally Akro have the pipe attached or is it a separate link pipe?

Looks like its a no goer, short of hacksawing the pipe off. 

3D01F05D-EA73-4FB6-8950-1AA5D3749CFD.jpeg

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Looks like its a no goer, short of hacksawing the pipe off. 

3D01F05D-EA73-4FB6-8950-1AA5D3749CFD.jpeg

That is unfortunate.

FYI - Wings exhaust has a separate link pipe. If this is compatible with your kit then I’m in.

• Like 1

I’m definitely interested.

I would rather get a Yoshimura slip on. If there is a separate option made available for the mounting bracket and pipe sections that would be great!

I’m flexible though, if it has to be with the muffler you provide with the kit. So be it. 😉

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
16 hours ago, NuttyNook said:

I’d also be interested in this, looks very promising but I have to say I wouldn’t want to cut the frame about... 😳 

I believe the only higher exhaust kit that doesn't require cutting the factory mount is Huzar.