Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum
Goldentaco

Seat comfort.

Adventure6965

Let's hope that someone from Yamaha sees the issues people are having with the seat comfort or lack of it & make it better on the next revised Tenere 700.

ADVUSA
40 minutes ago, Adventure6965 said:

Let's hope that someone from Yamaha sees the issues people are having with the seat comfort or lack of it & make it better on the next revised Tenere 700.

I couldn't agree more. Let's hope someone from Yamaha sees all the massive piles of farkles, adds, removes and changes and thinks, we could build a bike like that. Add in some bearing grease, and it would sell.   👌

johnnygolucky

Wow. I swear Im the only one on here that thinks the stock seat is absolutely awesome. 

• Like 1

Fuz71
2 hours ago, johnnygolucky said:

Wow. I swear Im the only one on here that thinks the stock seat is absolutely awesome. 

I totally agree with you. The seat is fine. Stand up on the pegs when things are rough, that’s what this bike is designed for. 
Maybe it’s because I’m used to flat, rock hard mx seats. T7 seat is like a couch by comparison.

johnnygolucky
2 hours ago, Fuz71 said:

I totally agree with you. The seat is fine. Stand up on the pegs when things are rough, that’s what this bike is designed for. 
Maybe it’s because I’m used to flat, rock hard mx seats. T7 seat is like a couch by comparison.

Exactly man. Every single bike I've owned for the last 30 years has been a single cylinder reved out 2x4. And thats exactly how I describe this thing to my friends, it's like riding a fast couch. LOL

Stevoh

I'm glad I made it to the T7 forum.

So much helpful information.

All I have to to do next time I'm on a 150km stretch of freeway doing 120km/h for an hour or so, is to just stand up on the pegs the whole way man lol.

Pain be gone !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Johnnyboxer

I think the stock seat is ok, fine for 2 hours of riding at a time and much better than a lot of stock seats on other bikes 

• Like 1

Stevoh

Ah anyways, the older I get the better I was, it's surely not all down to the seat, I've just gotta sort it out.

Stevoh

Seat mod complete, used 2 gel inserts which cover entire seat surface, cut down original seat foam at rear by 20mm then going forward from there tapered cut to zero depth, then placed second gel in front and cut the edges to fit taper of front edge of seat.

Result is reduced upward angle of rear part of seat and a bit more width without raising the height by much at all, original seat cover fits back on with a bit of effort but very happy with appearance and fit, unfortunately pouring rain today and can't test ride.

IMG_20200920_103248643.jpg

• Like 1

Homer

Hi Stevoh, I'd love some more details on your seat mod, planning something very similar to mine when my seat gel turns up.

Stevoh
11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Hi Stevoh, I'd love some more details on your seat mod, planning something very similar to mine when my seat gel turns up.

No problem, it's a pretty easy job, managed to get a ride in this arvo, did about 45 mins and I'm very relieved to say I think I've nailed it, no tailbone pain.

Let me know when your gel arrives.

Did you order 2 gels or 1?

Homer

I've ordered one piece 25cm x 25cm x 2cm thick.

Stevoh

That's the right one, but I used 2 pieces.

You can do it with one, I was needing two pieces to achieve what I needed, the problem for me was the angle of the seat, not so much the density.or softness.

In fact.it isn't any softer.

Tom McDonough

Updated the additional padding and removed the 1/4” pads.  I can now flat foot the std seat (5’ 11”).😜

3D003DB9-45F8-480A-BDFA-52D1316FCC42.jpeg

• Like 1

2021 White T7:  Vin# 765

ride2little
On 9/16/2020 at 5:38 PM, johnnygolucky said:

Nope.  I just rode 10 days, over 3000 miles and no once thought the seat was awful.  I stood a bit when on my 3-day ride back home at over 80,.  Try a stock F800GS seat.  the damn thing is crowned...makes no sense..

To Yamaha I say focus on standardizing fastener sizes and types.