Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Waiting impatiently...

Hammy

Im in Denver.

Ordered my Tenere a few weeks ago. The dealer put my name on his list but wouldn't accept a deposit because he has no idea when they're suppose to be in.

Sigh...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Hang in there, bike is worth the wait... 👍 

Aleks 

Haha yea, Im sure it is. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@HammyBlack one was available in Vegas 3 days ago. 

Another couple of bikes in WA as of last Friday.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 minute ago, CAJW said:

Black one was available in Vegas 3 days ago. 

I wouldn't stand a chance waiting..🤣🤣 

• Like 1

Yeah, I was really surprised to see it there.

Not sure if they padded their pre-orders, or a customer cancelled, but either way they had it available 🙂

• Moderators
1 minute ago, pgeldz said:

Yeah, I was really surprised to see it there.

Not sure if they padded their pre-orders, or a customer cancelled, but either way they had it available 🙂

Hard to say, people put down a deposit, then situations change. I was #5 on a list my dealer had, just in case the original buyer bailed. Happily, I was called ( already had ramps, tie-downs & coffee cup in the truck) and a new T7 was loaded in the truck bed a few hours after the call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Worth the wait.  Mine is scheduled to arrive in MD in mid October.  My dealer says after the Oct shipments, the next shipment to the US will be June 2021.  It's promising to see some Teneres hitting showroom floors, even if by a customer cancelling their order.  It means the backlog of orders is shrinking.  I like that because in my semi-biased opinion, everyone should have this bike in their garage.  LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CAJW said:

@HammyBlack one was available in Vegas 3 days ago. 

Another couple of bikes in WA as of last Friday.

Damn! I wish they were closer. 

• Like 1

I just called my dealer and he’s saying the latest update is October. 

im dying over here. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Road trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hammy said:

I just called my dealer and he’s saying the latest update is October. 

im dying over here. 

I once drove 180 miles just for a schnitzel in Vienna austria... Just saying 🤣🤣 the t7 is worth the trip 👍🔥

Aleks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I drove 1000 miles round trip to snag my black one in Greenville SC from a dealer who scammed Yamaha on the PDP. Pretty sure that is what is going on with the one in Vegas. It was on cycletrader back when I was looking for the one I eventually found in SC. I Paid MSRP + all the ridiculous marked up fees + 7% state sales tax when I got back home in MS.

Was it worth it? Hell yea cause I've had my bike now for two months and would still be waiting until Oct. if I had not found this one.

Edited by roy826
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

Found a dealer a few hours away who has a few on their way to them...put down my deposit and should take delivery this week.

Stoked!!