Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

TUSK Olympus Tank bag from RMATV

roy826

Just got it on the bike. Waited a month on backorder it’s so popular. 

This is the large model at $89.99. Perfect fit for the T7, very well made, very well thought out storage options. The center divider is removable by Velcro. I chose to use it due to the slope at the bottom of the bag. Advertises 8 liters storage space. Not to big bit not to small on the T7. Does not interfere with bars at full lock left or right. Does not interfere in the standing position. 

tus_20_oly_tan_bag-1930890001.jpg

The Tusk Olympus Tank Bag is the ideal companion for your adventure or touring motorcycle rides. Tank bags are the perfect place to store the items you...

D100092F-B6CE-4367-B0DC-3199DD15B77F.jpeg

EFAA996A-9373-4130-AD3F-7143871EFB14.jpeg

6F71A110-826C-4984-A884-1F79BB14A47E.jpeg

• Like 7

That looks like a super great bag.   Thanks for the info.   LCP hanging out in there??? 🙂

Edited by MeefZah

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

2 hours ago, MeefZah said:

That looks like a super great bag.   Thanks for the info.   LCP hanging out in there??? 🙂

LCP

yea always with me lol 

murica 

Edited by roy826
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got mine and I’m pretty impressed. I looked at others for $150 on up and couldn’t justify spending that much. 

1543F659-6F60-4725-9E59-444FA9877A96.jpeg

• Like 2

I ordered one as well.  The 'large' actually is a fair bit smaller than I had hoped.  Quality seems good though.  I like the adjustable divider, too.  Still, size is king; I'm passing it on to a buddy who has no tank bag, and keeping my decade+ old Wolfman.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

• 1 month later...

I liked it on the road but off-road I had a hard time standing up with the bag there. I had it pushed as far forward a I could. 

35 minutes ago, gossmann1 said:

I liked it on the road but off-road I had a hard time standing up with the bag there. I had it pushed as far forward a I could. 

A stick on piece of Velcro.. with it pushed forwards.. I had to do the same on a different bike

Edited by BAM2002
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 8:30 PM, roy826 said:

Just got it on the bike. Waited a month on backorder it’s so popular. 

This is the large model at $89.99. Perfect fit for the T7, very well made, very well thought out storage options. The center divider is removable by Velcro. I chose to use it due to the slope at the bottom of the bag. Advertises 8 liters storage space. Not to big bit not to small on the T7. Does not interfere with bars at full lock left or right. Does not interfere in the standing position. 

tus_20_oly_tan_bag-1930890001.jpg

The Tusk Olympus Tank Bag is the ideal companion for your adventure or touring motorcycle rides. Tank bags are the perfect place to store the items you...

Is it balancing on the top of the gas filler cap?. Or is it soft in bottom ?

7 minutes ago, Trollbiker said:

It is a neoprene rubbery bottom. Has not scratched my paint in the time it has been on there even on dusty off road rides.

• Like 2

What are you doing with a can of Honda spray on a yamaha ?? lol. Nice looking bag for the T7, thanks for sharing going to look into one.

30 minutes ago, MghtyThor69 said:

What are you doing with a can of Honda spray on a yamaha ?? lol. Nice looking bag for the T7, thanks for sharing going to look into one.

Because it’s outstanding polish for a visor or windscreen. 

And I own two Honda’s besides the T7.

I find when I stand up ride I have a slightly forward lean. Do tank bags get in the way of stand up riding?

7 hours ago, DT675 said:

I find when I stand up ride I have a slightly forward lean. Do tank bags get in the way of stand up riding?

I have not noticed this one bothering me on the T7 but on my Africa Twin the Givi tanklock bag I had on it did bother me. It was a much bigger bag however.

16 hours ago, DT675 said:

They can,  but it varies based on different factors.   The Tusk bag is small enough and can be run forward enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

I was thinking about getting the Giant Loop. I wonder if that one gets in the way. That Tusk looks pretty good too. Maybe a little small though. 

• 10 months later...

I got mine a few months ago and I've been loving. Can't recommend it enough especially for the price 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Camstyn said:

Just received mine. Where are you guys anchoring the rear straps to? Any pics?

I strapped mine to my engine guards. Idk if that's an option for you

22 hours ago, Camstyn said:

Just received mine. Where are you guys anchoring the rear straps to? Any pics?

I attached mine to the triangular upper motor mount behind the head.

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, norton73 said:

I attached mine to the triangular upper motor mount behind the head.

spacer.png

I ended up doing the same, thanks.