Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec - Problems

nelsonccc

On 8/31/2020 at 5:09 PM, BADDANDY said:

Topbox is for carrying my crap to work, storing helmet and gloves in it while at work, and for carrying my crap home from work.  Also for errands. 

Pic of my offroad day setup.

Do you feel like a bigger man now?

0823200656.thumb.jpg.a82a422b8c41ef592d761b0e946857e9.jpg

Edit, dude deleted his post ^ after I quoted it, which makes this post seem like it makes no sense...

Ummm.... is that a trick question?

I actually like your rear end.   No need to get... butt hurt.   Here,  allow Mr. Al Pacino to express my sentiments:

Edited by MeefZah
  • Haha 4

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

I had an issue with their site when I ordered. I wanted to pay with paypal, and as always, you leave the site, sign into paypal, then you return to the main site to finish your order. When I returned to ADVspec's site, there was an error but the money had come out of my paypal. No confirmation, nothing. The items were still in the cart like nothing had happened. I gave it a few days before i decided to email. Emailing the site got no where, but I was able to get a hold of Patrick who was lovely to deal with. Said the same to me, things should be in soon and such. He forced my order through and now i'm waiting for them to show up. Allegedly, he used my issue/email to send to the website team as an example of the issues being had, because I had copied the error numbers and all that. Hopefully the site's issues are rectified soon. 

Posted this on related threads and figured I'd update this one. Well mine showed up today and installed. Quick process and works with the Camel high fender mount with lots of room to spare. Almost 2 inches between UFO SM fender and the bars. Super solid piece of kit. Very pleased with the price and ease of install. 

thumbnail-1.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OU812 said:

I would have never considered white with my Black bike but that looks great johnnygolucky !

It's actually the silver but I think the setting sun makes it look white. But you're right LOL. It does look really good white. Makes me wonder now about the silver lol. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve thought about taking them to a local powder coater and matching the yellow on the Tenre sticker. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

I’ve thought about taking them to a local powder coater and matching the yellow on the Tenre sticker. 

I just emailed my local powder coater this afternoon for a quote on pretty much the same idea.

• Moderators

Ordered AS side racks that showed as in stock on August 16, received emailed receipt, since then, nothing.  I've emailed them twice, submitted a helpdesk ticket via their website twice, nothing, crickets.  Order shows " In Progress" , which has been the status for what will be 3 weeks tomorrow.  No way to run a business if they want repeat customers and good referrals. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

1 hour ago, CAJW said:

Ordered AS side racks that showed as in stock on August 16, received emailed receipt, since then, nothing.  I've emailed them twice, submitted a helpdesk ticket via their website twice, nothing, crickets.  Order shows " In Progress" , which has been the status for what will be a month tomorrow.  No way to run a business if they want repeat customers and good referrals. 

Hey Can, try emailing Patrick directly if you haven't already. . A.S. website link communication is pretty bad, but I've had decent luck when communicating with him directly. 

patrick@adventure-spec.com

Hope that helps. 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Hey Can, try emailing Patrick directly if you haven't already. . A.S. website link communication is pretty bad, but I've had decent luck when communicating with him directly. 

patrick@adventure-spec.com

Hope that helps. 

Thanks, I already have. I forwarded him the two threads on this board about their communications issues, hoping to get some action.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 minutes ago, CAJW said:

Thanks, I already have. I forwarded him the two threads on this board about their communications issues, hoping to get some action.

Ouch. Yeah I took months and pulling teeth to get info on my order, but once Patrick got back to me, it went OK. Hopefully he gets back to ya. Curious to what you think of the side racks, once you get them. 

• Like 1

I was seriously considering pulling the trigger on the AS crash bars and rear rack but from the reviews here I'm second guessing maybe Touratech. Too bad they do look great!

• Moderators

After 3 weeks, tired of waiting for any sort of reply, just canceled my order. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAJW said:

Wow. 3 weeks an no answers to your queries? That is unreal. After placing an order and not hearing anything back for weeks, I finally asked if their "website was a scam for some fraudulent corporation?". I got an email back immediately from Patrick saying yes indeed they're legit, and from then on  communication went well until I got the bars last week and he seemed genuine. 

I received all of my stuff last week and installed over the weekend and broke it in on Monday on a long Mojave Preserve ride. I ordered on 8/10 and received on 9/3.

I'm glad I was patient. I really like the rear rack and the skid plate. Debating on whether to order the crash bars and wait another month or go with something else. I've got to have the crash bars by mid October for a CABDR run.

I went to the SW U.S Facebook site and asked about some Canadian Stock before Winter considering Canada is a little closer than Germany, and thinking I could order from the U. S site... basically i was told the U. S site has nothing to do with Canada and Canadian Winters, and to contact Germany.  I WILL DEFINITELY NOT be a customer of SW and will shop Heed. F**C EM

4 minutes ago, OU812 said:

I went to the SW U.S Facebook site and asked about some Canadian Stock before Winter considering Canada is a little closer than Germany, and thinking I could order from the U. S site... basically i was told the U. S site has nothing to do with Canada and Canadian Winters, and to contact Germany.  I WILL DEFINITELY NOT be a customer of SW and will shop Heed. F**C EM

quite sad Canada is still being treated as 3rd step blue hair (worse than red hair) child...

a lot of items previously I can get oversea better/faster than US if I want to shop across the border.

11 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

quite sad Canada is still being treated as 3rd step blue hair (worse than red hair) child...

a lot of items previously I can get oversea better/faster than US if I want to shop across the border.

Lol well my money just went to Heed... Pull the trigger on the Crashbars with Bags $453.76 🇨🇦 delivered. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OU812 said:

Lol well my money just went to Heed... Pull the trigger on the Crashbars with Bags $453.76 🇨🇦 delivered. 

I wish Heed shipped to the US.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

Why wouldn't they ship to the U.S?

53 minutes ago, nelsonccc said:

Don't quote me, but I think they are shipping again, but need to e-mail them with inquiry instead of trying to buy from their site cart.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, CAJW said:

I finally heard from Patrick at Adventure Spec via email who apologized he hadn't received my multiple requests for information and said they'd be shipping my order the first week of October.  I pointed out that their website showed the side racks in stock on the 16th  of August and now to finally respond 3 weeks later that it won't ship for another month is unacceptable to me.  I wished them well and said I hope they get their inventory and contact systems of their website fixed as I believe they make quality products.  

I can wait patiently if I know when I should expect them but the lack of communication from multiple dealers/manufactures is what really irks me. Shirley these people that run these companies are consumers too and know how they want to be treated as paying customers but that does not seem to apply when the tables are turned. /rant

• Like 2