Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec - Problems

nelsonccc

I've had the same experience with them. I placed an order for side racks on 8/5/20. The website stated they were in stock. 

On 8/18/20 I pinged Adventure-Spec asking about the status of my order because I'd received no updates or information from the company since placing the order. Patrick responded quickly stating, "Sorry for the delay, the shipment has been stuck in customs.  I have been on the phone daily with them." I thanked him for the update.

On 8/31/20 I sent an email to Patrick asking for an update and have received no response. I was going to order a rear rack from them once they were listed as 'back in stock', but I'm now looking at other options, which is too bad because it seems like they make some good stuff, but their lack of communication is no way to run a business.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CAJW said:

I finally heard from Patrick at Adventure Spec via email who apologized he hadn't received my multiple requests for information and said they'd be shipping my order the first week of October.  I pointed out that their website showed the side racks in stock on the 16th  of August and now to finally respond 3 weeks later that it won't ship for another month is unacceptable to me.  I wished them well and said I hope they get their inventory and contact systems of their website fixed as I believe they make quality products.  

I told him the same. Their web sight said the silver was in stock, the other 3 colors were not. So I ordered the silver. Sent a confirmation that they gladly took my money and would email me a tracking number. Weeks go by and nothing. Then I write and write and write some more and finally ask if it's a scam, then he says "they're still in Europe and on their way soon, stuck in customs" Covid blah blah and shipping and borders" are causing a hassle. 

I get it, just tell us that then so we know. This is where I say that when an items says "in stock", that should mean in stock in the USA being I'm on the USA website, not on another Continent. I really really like the bars, but their website and customer service is pretty bad and wouldnt purchase another item from them just based on lack of communication. 

A.S. customer service and communication is not nearly as bad as T7Rally though. They get the brown star for that. 

Best luck so far with frequent products that we're all buying would be Camel Adv Products and anything from BellissiMoto. Both of them are absolutely amazing at customer service and most importantly, just excellent communication of what's going on with your order. Really impressed with both suppliers. 

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, TimmyTheHog said:

Don't quote me, but I think they are shipping again, but need to e-mail them with inquiry instead of trying to buy from their site cart.

I received an email from them that they are indeed shipping again to the US. He told me to go ahead and order.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, TimmyTheHog said:

Don't quote me, but I think they are shipping again, but need to e-mail them with inquiry instead of trying to buy from their site cart.

They do and I'm happy to report that the Heed bars I ordered on 9/15 showed up yesterday. 9 days later. I only unwrapped one and it appears to be clean and solid. Well packaged and wrapped for the journey from Poland to Vegas. I'll put them on this weekend.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/22/2020 at 12:30 PM, Patrick ADVspec said:

Hello Group,

This is Patrick from Adventure-spec in the US.  

One of our customers sent me this link and after reading most of the posts I feel a little disappointed in our service to you the consumer.  So I will start by saying I'm sorry and we are working hard to tie up all the leaks in our new system.  As you all know this year has been challenging for everyone.  I feel like I could make a list of the "whys" we had our difficulties in shipping and changing lead times, but the reality is I could have done better in keeping everyone updated.  

The good news is we have now put systems in place that are designed to fix the issues above, the biggest change is parts will flow directly to me in Colorado Springs, Co.  instead of first stopping in the UK.  For the customer this means I will have much more product here in the states at any given time and if I don't the estimated delivery date will be much more accurate.   In Stock should be In USA Stock, as with any retail business inventory control is a constant battle.

Once again I'm sorry if you didn't get a call back or e-mail response from me.  I will work hard to respond with 24hrs  Monday - Friday.

The next shipment of T700 parts should be in the US in early October hopefully by the second week. I have put my foot in my mouth a few times this year on product arrival times due to customs and the factory closing so it is possible for it to be delayed or early.

If you would like to contact me feel free to send me an e-mail to Patrick@adventure-spec.com

Patrick

Thanks for getting back to the forum Patrick, really appreciate it. And thanks again for sorting my order out in early July. Cheers, take care. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

2 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

Thanks for getting back to the forum Patrick, really appreciate it. And thanks again for sorting my order out in early July. Cheers, take care. 

Agreed! Thanks and I will say I love the skid plate and it's top notch product.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I guess I'll keep patiently waiting for mine to show up then.

Originally ordered in June, re-placed it in August when I inquired and they realized it had gotten lost in their website upgrade. Missed out on the last shipment from September because they apparently didn't get enough crash bars to fulfill all the orders, so I'm currently waiting for this October batch.

Of course it's also already the third week of October and I haven't received a shipping notification yet, so we'll see.

At this point it's almost a case of sunk cost fallacy, I'm just curious to just how long it's going to take. Maybe I'll have them by next spring? 

I want to like you Adventure Spec! Why are you making this so damn hard on me?

Edited by Schuultz

• 2 weeks later...

To those of you who have received your AS kit, are you happy with it? Do you feel the guard bars give enough protection? How are you protecting the lower engine part, if at all? Cheers 

Edited by Treps

My crash bars arrived today. The look well designed and when I felt how light they are I decided they were well worth the wait.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 11/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Treps said:

To those of you who have received your AS kit, are you happy with it? Do you feel the guard bars give enough protection? How are you protecting the lower engine part, if at all? Cheers 

Very very happy with mine. Very light but strong. Nice to be able to grab the bike by the bars when laid down as well. I highly recommend them. Took a while to get them, but I think AS sorted that out and their communication turned out good through the process. 

• Like 1

Same issue here. The only reason I waited 3 months to cancel my order was because Patrick was great to work with. Unfortunately while waiting I laid the bike over and cracked some plastic, which wouldn’t have happened if I had the crash bars. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spoke with Patrick. The large AS order cleared customs in Denver and is being transported down to Colorado Springs this week. He expects the order to be large enough to fulfill all back orders. 

perhaps we’ll all be getting XMAS presents!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vtamb81 said:

Spoke with Patrick. The large AS order cleared customs in Denver and is being transported down to Colorado Springs this week. He expects the order to be large enough to fulfill all back orders. 

perhaps we’ll all be getting XMAS presents!

I also heard the same thing. I'm excited for my things!

• Like 1

I ordered a rear top rack and it took a month or so to get to me here in Oz.  Just received my pannier racks yesterday after ordering early September.  I think they are having supply problems from their manufacturer coupled with a rush on hard parts as the Tenere is a popular bike.  I am very happy with their products so far,  and are of good quality weight and design for the Tenere as far as I can see.  Have to be patient I suppose but they do respond to emails.   

On 11/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Treps said:

I've crashed/dropped my bike four times so far. Twice on sand and twice on hard ground, equally on each side. The crash bars have held up fine and protected the bike plastics 100%. The crashes on the sand didn't do anything.

The crashes on the hard pack dirt were faster and harder impacts, causing scratches on the powder costing on the crash bars. There were slight shifts on the crash bars on the bike by a few mm, where the normal space gap between the crash bar and side plastic rad wings changed slightly. The bars never touched the plastic, but one of the plastic bumper on the right side did kiss the right rad with no damage to plastic

I added two extra plastic crash bar bumpers to each side on my setup during the crash bar install. Picture below the bike had only crashed onto the left side on the hard pack once on a deeply rutted downhill fire road night ride, the other three crashes hadn't happened yet. You can see it has no damage, besides my boot tearing a hole in the seat cover when I came off the bike.

My Givi rear pannier racks save the rear plastic from damage also.

cTZ3gv6.jpg

I'm not concerned about the lower engine side covers at all. I have some UHMW-PE (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) T-Rex Racing engine side covers I haven't installed yet on the bike for the MT-07, that I ordered before I received my T7.

• Like 1

new shipment should be arriving today of all the goodies that is the latest I heard from Patrick and that was yesterday. I know he is trying really hard to get everyone happy but there is only so much he can do. This year been f.... crazy for everyone. 

40 minutes ago, POLISHADAM82 said:

new shipment should be arriving today of all the goodies that is the latest I heard from Patrick and that was yesterday. I know he is trying really hard to get everyone happy but there is only so much he can do. This year been f.... crazy for everyone. 

For real. Thank you @Patrick ADVspec!!

On 9/22/2020 at 9:30 AM, Patrick ADVspec said:

Hello Group,

This is Patrick from Adventure-spec in the US.  

One of our customers sent me this link and after reading most of the posts I feel a little disappointed in our service to you the consumer.  So I will start by saying I'm sorry and we are working hard to tie up all the leaks in our new system.  As you all know this year has been challenging for everyone.  I feel like I could make a list of the "whys" we had our difficulties in shipping and changing lead times, but the reality is I could have done better in keeping everyone updated.  

The good news is we have now put systems in place that are designed to fix the issues above, the biggest change is parts will flow directly to me in Colorado Springs, Co.  instead of first stopping in the UK.  For the customer this means I will have much more product here in the states at any given time and if I don't the estimated delivery date will be much more accurate.   In Stock should be In USA Stock, as with any retail business inventory control is a constant battle.

Once again I'm sorry if you didn't get a call back or e-mail response from me.  I will work hard to respond with 24hrs  Monday - Friday.

The next shipment of T700 parts should be in the US in early October hopefully by the second week. I have put my foot in my mouth a few times this year on product arrival times due to customs and the factory closing so it is possible for it to be delayed or early.

If you would like to contact me feel free to send me an e-mail to Patrick@adventure-spec.com

Patrick

just a chime in from me. I sent a message asking about stock for US and got a reply fairly quickly. so, if this thread wasn't around I never would have suspected there were communication issues previously. I'll be ordering bars as soon as the website allows me to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, REDHORSECA said:

I'm not concerned about the lower engine side covers at all. I have some UHMW-PE (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene) T-Rex Racing engine side covers I haven't installed yet on the bike for the MT-07, that I ordered before I received my T7.

Those look nice but also very thick - do you foresee any annoyance with them getting in the way on the T7?

i contacted Patrick this morning asking about stock on the rear rack... he replied and sent me an invoice... paid it and fingers crossed will be here soon.

he said they were super busy and filling orders as quickly as they can... big shipment was to arrive today.  

i purchased the side luggage racks earlier this year and they arrived fairly quickly.

I'm happy with how they responded and i have enjoyed their products.  companies are inundated with orders and low supplies.  i try to remember that each time i order something.

Patrick has been very responsive, they just got in a shipment and are working to get it out...there is a problem with ordering on their site, he has the peeps in UK working on fixing it.

4 hours ago, Vtamb81 said:

Just got my tracking # from Patrick!

+1! To be delivered Saturday!