Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure Spec - Problems

nelsonccc

On 12/3/2020 at 9:17 PM, Old man said:

Hi   I ordered my rear rack and side rack on the 30th sep.  finally arrived yesterday and that’s in 🇬🇧 UK. So good luck with your orders 

Yeah It doesn't seem to be a freight problem as the freight to Australia was very quick once they shipped.  I think the poor buggers are just having trouble with the supply to them from the manufacturer end because of the dreaded cov19.

• 2 weeks later...

received my crash bars and installed them right away. super easy and great fitment. 

Looks amazing to be fair. Wow. 

Dealing with reliable courier services in the UK is very hit and miss at the moment. Im in the industry ( ish) and its horrific getting reliable drivers and hoping that the entire chain is doing their thing which is is now showing cracks.

AS do have a great name its just everyone they have to rely on 

It's not just their supply chain to them that's the issue. I received plenty of help and attention before I paid them, and was told items would ship in 1-2 weeks. That was 8 weeks and 4 ignored emails ago. One item has arrived, who knows what's going on with the other. They have a lot of gear I'm interested in, but once this is resolved I'll find suppliers with more respect for their customers once they have their money.

In the interest of more data points I'll say my experience with AS so far has been flawless. I saw that more crash bars had arrived and went to the site to order. The checkout cart was having difficulties so I messaged support.

The next morning checkout was working again so I placed my order. The only problem was the soft luggage rack I wanted had sold out in the meantime. Patrick followed up with me about my support ticket that same day. I explained that I was able to order my crash bars just fine but I missed out on the luggage racks and I inquired about the arrival of more. He was very honest and said that due to supply chain issues he couldn't be certain of an ETA. I feel like some vendors may have tried to get me to place my order and string me along.

Bars were shipped promptly and arrived without issue in 2-3 days from CO to NC. The bars are very lightweight but still have a robust, stout feel to them. Looking forward to fitting them up...just don't want to put them on before I get under those panels and install a USB outlet in the spare AUX spot.

In these strange times everyone is figuring out how to keep the wheels of commerce rolling and AS has earned my return business.

• Like 1

I know they were waiting for big shipment of stuff here in US but after they got it they shipped everything that was ordered very quick. I like their product I will support their business. Patrick is a great dude and he communicates with his costumers when there is an issue. 

AA1FFBDE-A15E-4F96-8C72-B1E5AA4E0C45.thumb.jpeg.4bedcd5e061895567daed1abc4493844.jpegMy process was good as well, but it sounds like I started my interaction with them after they worked out many issues. I ordered 4 weeks ago and Patrick has kept me in the loop the whole time. Received my order last week and installed. Great fit/finish. 

Edited by Vtamb81
  • Like 1

one comment since I had some issues communicating with AS as others mentoned.

If u are in the US, contact Patrick at AS in Colorado Springs; he is very helpful and responsive. The website is run by AS UK and inquiries through the site seem to get slow attention at best.

patrick@adventure-spec.com

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sracer said:

one comment since I had some issues communicating with AS as others mentoned.

If u are in the US, contact Patrick at AS in Colorado Springs; he is very helpful and responsive. The website is run by AS UK and inquiries through the site seem to get slow attention at best.

patrick@adventure-spec.com

Hey thanks mate. I see Patrick in the US is on the ball. Unfortunately I'm not in the US and dealing with the UK people. I've tried helpdesk tickets, comments on sales order/journal, and emailing directly. 

Dave posted a blog explaining the delays in shipping, and I sympathize with them in that regard. It doesn't excuse ignoring customers. 

• Like 1

I just completed an order of the Adventure Spec racks (black) and Patrick from AS in Colorado Springs was a great help.

Looking forward to the spring. Cheers

19 hours ago, Yammybound88 said:

I just completed an order of the Adventure Spec racks (black) and Patrick from AS in Colorado Springs was a great help.

Looking forward to the spring. Cheers

What?! You must just mean the top rack...those side luggage racks in black are what I tried to get on my order to no success...

@HoboHighlander I just checked to make sure and it is the side luggage racks in black.  Received notification that they already shipped.  I couldn't see the link in Canada so I was sent a link to purchase the racks.  Good luck with your order.  Cheers

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Last post to this thread was December, but I just came across it

I'd like to pick up a set of side racks and a top rack. Both show out of stock on the site.

Has anyone been given a realistic ETA on when (if?) these will be available again? The re-stock date on their website shows May, but it's now almost July.

I've been checking their website every couple of days for the side racks. They showed out of stock until April for a long time even through June and now they show out of stock until October. 😧 So I wouldn't rely too much on what they say at present.

• 1 year later...

Looking back at previous posts, this makes a couple of years people have been having problems with the Adventure Spec ecommerce website.  So frustrating!

I successfully ordered hard parts last year, although it took a long time to get them.  Today I have been struggling to even place an order for some new gear.  It won't let me place items it says are in-stock into the final checkout basket.   I've written customer support and Patrick (although I imagine he's long-gone if he's had to deal with this for so long!).   

It's too bad -- their actual products are well designed and made.  

1 hour ago, Phil TOR.PHX said:

Looking back at previous posts, this makes a couple of years people have been having problems with the Adventure Spec ecommerce website.  So frustrating!

I successfully ordered hard parts last year, although it took a long time to get them.  Today I have been struggling to even place an order for some new gear.  It won't let me place items it says are in-stock into the final checkout basket.   I've written customer support and Patrick (although I imagine he's long-gone if he's had to deal with this for so long!).   

It's too bad -- their actual products are well designed and made.  

As suspected, the email to Patrick bounced back.   Does anyone have an email address for an actual person at Adventure Spec?  (vs relying on a 'black hole' customer service note) 

thanks.

I emailed before purchase and got a reply the next day. Ordered items recently and they shipped the following business day. Honestly, I'm surprised by this thread after my experience. Purchasing and communicating with them has been great compared to some other companies I've tried to deal with recently.

Edit: I removed and PM'd Phil the email address. I didn't feel right posting direct emails

Edited by Captain Cannon
typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain Cannon said:

I emailed before purchase and got a reply the next day. Ordered items recently and they shipped the following business day. Honestly, I'm surprised by this thread after my experience. Purchasing and communicating with them has been great compared to some other companies I've tried to deal with recently.

Edit: I removed and PM'd Phil the email address. I didn't feel right posting direct emails

Same - easy straight forward dealings, godd product. 

I ordered a bunch of hard parts in early November. They ended up on backorder and then they had a sale. They were unwilling to give me the sale price, but would cancel my order because it hadn't shipped (1 thing was still on backorder). So I did that and reordered,  changing my order to get everything that was in stock at sale price. The products are first class, but the sales/service is a bit wonky.

It was worth it in the end. The stuff I got was really nice!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Captain Cannon said:

Got it ...thanks!