Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Healtech quickshifter is awesome 🤣😍👍

Aleksandar13

4 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Superb @Aleksandar13. Love to see you leading along the path of T7 performance. Really want to do this too I must say.

It's a must mod for anyone who wants to get the most out of the bike on the road... Can't comment for the off road side of things... Starbucks rider here 😅

• Like 2

After spending 2h on my home run I have now set up the quickshifter even better and it is a nice piece of kit... I will post my settings below so that people who would like to install it can benefit from my research on the cut out times and setups for the RPM range. I have started by using an MT07 setup online and worked my way through the rev-range to achieve seamless shifts.

Works smooth and without any hesitation mid to top range of the rpm... Its also very good from 1st to 2nd as long as you rev the first above 5k rpm. Below are the settings I use.. If I change anything in time I will re post. 

Aleks

Screenshot_20200831-100340.jpg

Screenshot_20200831-112232.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Pohnjiper said:

Hi. Am I right in thinking it’s only upshift not downshift? 

Yes you are right, only up shift... The above setup is not up to date anymore as I have been playing with the setup and I am now nearly there. I will post my final setup when the roads dry out and I get a chance to test all rpm setups.. 👍 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info on this quickshifter Aleks, id never had one before i got one on my GS a couple of year ago and bloody love it, absolutley love them on the road almost feel like i couldnt live without them 😉.

My teneres in at Maxton getting a new suspension sorted at the moment but will be getting the quickshifter as soon as shes back, keep us up to date with your settings Aleks thanks again Andy 👍

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

How did you get on with your latest tweaks? I’m running around your original numbers on mine. But it does skip a bit so I’m not quite there. 

would be interested to see if you crack it!

Hello Aleks

Can you post the image where you installed that sensor to gear lever?or rod?

I have same qs in my Tiger 1050 and it has first problem with that..3possible place where you can assembly it.

With or without spacers?I asked for advice from the Healtech and they solved the problem.

I wait new Tenere and thinking buy only that P2A wiring  harnesses and change module between the bikes.

Thanks

Juulia/Finland

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BullyBrighton said:

How did you get on with your latest tweaks? I’m running around your original numbers on mine. But it does skip a bit so I’m not quite there. 

would be interested to see if you crack it!

I think this is the latest one I've got... And to be fair is 95 percent there, there is a small hickup at 6.5k where I need to think about something but didn't have the chance as the weather turned on us... 👍 Try this and let me know what you think.. 

Aleks 

2 hours ago, Juulia said:

Hello Aleks

Can you post the image where you installed that sensor to gear lever?or rod?

I have same qs in my Tiger 1050 and it has first problem with that..3possible place where you can assembly it.

With or without spacers?I asked for advice from the Healtech and they solved the problem.

I wait new Tenere and thinking buy only that P2A wiring  harnesses and change module between the bikes.

Thanks

Juulia/Finland

I've installed mine with both washers facing each other and changed the setup to qs Pro after I've noticed cutting into the downshift... I will take a picture a bit later... 👍 

26 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I think this is the latest one I've got... And to be fair is 95 percent there, there is a small hickup at 6.5k where I need to think about something but didn't have the chance as the weather turned on us... 👍 Try this and let me know what you think.. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20210213-073801.jpg

25 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I've installed mine with both washers facing each other and changed the setup to qs Pro after I've noticed cutting into the downshift... I will take a picture a bit later... 👍 

IMG_20200829_145453.jpg

IMG_20200829_143637.jpg

IMG_20200829_144906.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for picture.

That is place where i first try Triumph...it dont work.There is risk that it is loose and the entire level will come off because it must not be overtightened.and it did not work in it.

Then they told that move it in that transfer/link rod..no washers...tight tightening and noice filtering inactive

Sensor treshold 40%..its not easy get in place but now works fine.

When i got bike i try how does it feel with Tenere.

Juulia

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 3:06 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

IMG_20200829_145453.jpg

IMG_20200829_143637.jpg

IMG_20200829_144906.jpg

Can you confirm that its the same adapter piece as the FZ/MT 07? I am having a hard time finding Tenere kits listed on vendor's websites in my country. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brettspanski said:

Can you confirm that its the same adapter piece as the FZ/MT 07? I am having a hard time finding Tenere kits listed on vendor's websites in my country. 

I've bought mine from vanguard motorsport and they had the t7 kit.. 

Wouldn't be able to say it it works or not. 

Aleks 

• 3 weeks later...

When it works, how smooth are shifts? I am finding this bike hangs up a little on upshifts, but i think its because mine is still pretty new with only 3-4000km. ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyTheHuman said:

When it works, how smooth are shifts? I am finding this bike hangs up a little on upshifts, but i think its because mine is still pretty new with only 3-4000km. ?

I love mine on anything above 5k rpm... I think it is very nice to have especially exit of corners and mid corner gear changes if you ever find yourself in the situation... 😄 

Agree, love mine. Even at low revs mine is smooth. 

The only downside is I sometimes catch it with my boot and then do the “nodding dog”

Very reliable after riding on rough/gravel roads, dirt, mud etc? Are we still just buying the mT07 kit, what else do i need to buy? is healtech the best one from reliability and price perspective? I think i might treat myself, i always wanted one 🙂 If some one could help know what to order i appreciate it.

Edited by JimmyTheHuman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyTheHuman said:

Very reliable after riding on rough/gravel roads, dirt, mud etc? Are we still just buying the mT07 kit, what else do i need to buy? is healtech the best one from reliability and price perspective? I think i might treat myself, i always wanted one 🙂 If some one could help know what to order i appreciate it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XTZ-690-Super-Tenere-2019-2021-Healtech-Quickshifter-Approved-Dealer-/324109211608?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

I have used the above and very good for service and quality is top notch... My sensor started playing up after the winter brake and emailed healtech direct, within 2 days they sent me a new one from Hungary... Waiting to arrive... 👍🏼 

Other than that no issues and really easy to install. Works well and I think it's good value for money. 

Aleks 

Thanks i've ordered should be here in 2 days.

Anyone able to share the best settings so i have good starting point?

Installed and quick test on the defaults, will try with the above settings soon. On the defaults i found it gave me a couple of weird shifts. Is it better to use it only when revving a bit harder?

For anyone else, if you accidentally order the P4A version like i did, it will still work, just tape up and not use the 2 extra plugs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyTheHuman said:

Installed and quick test on the defaults, will try with the above settings soon. On the defaults i found it gave me a couple of weird shifts. Is it better to use it only when revving a bit harder?

For anyone else, if you accidentally order the P4A version like i did, it will still work, just tape up and not use the 2 extra plugs.

I think if you start with the above setting and see how you like them... Mine works well on anything above 4k but best above 5k 

I received the replacement sensor the other day and fitted it today to the bike... Awesome excuse to get the bike out for testing... 62 miles of riding and fine tuning the setup brings me to the following ; qse sensor plus with noise filtering active.. Sensor threshold %60.. Cut off delay at 15ms. The new sensor has been installed without the washer tighten until it doesn't move and then 20 degree more with spanner. Until I got a 50% sensor reaction when shifting with normal shoes. 

The cut off times are now perfect in the mid range as well as up high in the rpm.. I must say that one finger clutch and this healtech qs has transformed the way I can change gear and its confidence inspiring. 

Aleks 

Screenshot_20210321-153032.jpg

• Like 3