Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

USA Fall 2020 "pre-sold program"

NotGoodAtUsrnms

I got an interesting message from the dealer where I've had my name down as interested in the T700. I didn't see another thread about it.  Can anyone confirm further details?

[J]ust checking in to see if you're still interested in a Tenere 700. If so, I wanted to let you know that Yamaha announced that they're not able to fill all of the [dealer] Tenere orders they had already confirmed due to production issues, so instead they're doing a pre-sold program and allocating first-come first-serve. It's not a guarantee, but it's the only shot at getting a bike. If you want to try let me know and I'll send over the preliminary bill of sale for you to sign and send back to me. I send that to Yamaha along with an order form they provide and I'll have a tentative confirmation from them within a few days. If they do confirm your order I would collect a $500 deposit from you at that time.

45 minutes ago, NotGoodAtUsrnms said:

I got an interesting message from the dealer where I've had my name down as interested in the T700. I didn't see another thread about it.  Can anyone confirm further details?

Sounds good.....I will sell my lightly used white/red T700 for $15,000.00.  Available today.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Haha 2

I'm on a waiting list in Ohio with 2 other guys from what I'm told. The dealership told me today that yamaha is having trouble filling orders for people like me that have put down a deposit. The three bikes my dealer was supposed to get in October have been pulled with no info on what will happen next. They did say at this time not to refund any deposits. Although, why would they give up the nice interest free loan they have. 

• Like 2

I feel so bad for those still waiting. I really didn't think this could get worse...Good luck to all those still waiting for their bikes.

• Thanks 1

I can't confirm that... but I have a $500 deposit down on 1 of 3 Tenere's supposedly slated to arrive by early October at my dealer.  I have not yet received a VIN number, and the actual delivery date is up in the air - I was told late September to late October.  I would hope the dealer would reach out to me if there was now a significant delay that he was made aware of.  I'm reluctant to contact the dealer because I don't want to be "that guy" who pesters them non stop asking for info they don't have on a bike they aren't making a ton of profit on.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

I thought the same thing when I called my guy but these circumstances have to be out of the ordinary so I'd imagine everyone is probably wondering what will happen. Especially the ones with money on it. 

• 1 month later...

Finally heard back from my (small) dealer this week and put down my deposit. They're saying November but I'm not holding my breath.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, NotGoodAtUsrnms said:

Finally heard back from my (small) dealer this week and put down my deposit. They're saying November but I'm not holding my breath.

I've heard from other places (Canada, I think?) it might be until January of next year 😵

Mine arrived last week,  central Calif.  Deposit paid probably 6 weeks ago.   VIN -0477, so it was probably a first run bike though.

Edited by MeefZah

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

30 minutes ago, MeefZah said:

Mine arrived last week,  central Calif.  Deposit paid probably 6 weeks ago.   VIN -0477, so it was probably a first run bike though.

I'm one serial number off from your bike. What's odd is that the June delivered bikes have serial numbers near and above our numbers.

Deposit: June 13th, 2020 (for a Ceramic Ice)

Delivered @ Dealership: Sept. 30th, 2020  (Red/White)

Ready for pick up: Oct. 2nd, 2020

Build Date: 8/2020

Bike #: -0476

According to my dealer last week, my bike is still on for delivery in the 2nd half of October. Unfortunately for the 2 guys behind me in line for bikes, they tell him he is getting only 1 bike with this round. It is supposed to be mine, so we shall see. 

I do have a pile of parts in the basement awaiting a bike to install them on! 😆

Meanwhile, I still have the WR250 to ride.