Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

6000 miles so far primarily from trips

QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

No I'm married but can get away on some extended weekends here and there. She also had forgot I said I was getting a tenere till I came home with it 😆

• Like 4

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

Obviously a keeper.

I am lucky enough to have a wife of 38 yrs. that likes to ride, although that meant the extra expense of buying two Tenere's, but well worth it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

Obviously a keeper.

I am lucky enough to have a wife of 38 yrs. that likes to ride, although that meant the extra expense of buying two Tenere's, but well worth it.

LUCKY MAN! 

• Like 1

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

At 6000mi. those aren't the original tires are they? How many mile did you get out of the original set.

I am at almost 4000mi. and my rear no longer has that rounded profile. 95% of the 4000mi. are off-road.

I am thinking of trying the Dunlop Trailmax Misson tires, still have the tarmac performance and hopefully  improved grip on the front tire off road with maybe a little loss of rear acceleration bite in the soft stuff. But reports are they are getting 6000-8000mi. out of a set.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

At 6000mi. those aren't the original tires are they? How many mile did you get out of the original set.

I am at almost 4000mi. and my rear no longer has that rounded profile. 95% of the 4000mi. are off-road.

I am thinking of trying the Dunlop Trailmax Misson tires, still have the tarmac performance and hopefully  improved grip on the front tire off road with maybe a little loss of rear acceleration bite in the soft stuff. But reports are they are getting 6000-8000mi. out of a set.

Yes still the original. Lots of highway miles for me to get to some cooler weather to ride off road. I figure only about 500 miles off road between a trip to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Silverton. Once winter hits I'll have much more trail options here in the desert. I have a set of MotoZ tractionator just waiting to be installed. I keep second guessing which tire to run but will probably just mount these up and give them a shot. 

2 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

Hey brother, just curious to why so so covered about on road performance if 95% of your ding is off-road? I'd say I'd ride 7o% off-road and RallyZ so consider my main focus to be dirt so that's where I want the most performance. Fo you you say you barely even touch tarmac. Why not get something that's going to help you excel in dirt since that your focus? Just curious. 

@johnnygolucky

Although to date most has been off-road I know now that wife is getting hers there will be longer tarmac trips. The Tenere is suprisingly well mannered on-road I hate to change that. My background is 99+% on road and I enjoy it. My skill level is so low off-road I don't know that I would really benefit from more off-road tires. I have come to the conclusion that at my age (66) I probably wouldn't survive the bumps and bruises that would be required for me to become proficient off road.

4 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

Obviously a keeper.

I am married to my wife for 35 years who doesn't like to ride............but does not care if I ride all the time.👍  We get along great, do things together and also do things apart that interest us.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I am married to my wife for 35 years who doesn't like to ride............but does not care if I ride all the time.👍  We get along great, do things together and also do things apart that interest us.

Couldn’t have said that better myself.  👍

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 8:47 AM, QUIT_IT_FLETCHE said:

20200824152010-01.jpeg

wow what an awesome photo, I am envious. its going to be hard to beat that backdrop

• Like 2

21 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@QUIT_IT_FLETCHE

Obviously a keeper.

You are a lucky man, I can only wish mine was at all interested!  Thankfully my kids are getting into dirt biking and i hope to get them interested in road trips by bike soon.