Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First of the non-PDP arriving. (So we thought, see update)

UtahJack

Just got a call from my dealer, they got the first of the non-PDP bikes in today, the second wave has begun.

Granted it's not the color my wife wanted, but she will take it I am sure. Especially since this was her original choice in color until she saw the white one, so I guess she won't be too disappointed with blue. Now I just got to get the accessories that I was going to have them install out of the spare room and down to the dealer.

I sure hope there is nobody out there from the original PDP list that hasn't gotten theirs, that will make me feel bad considering, I wasn't on the list and got mine on June 26th and now my wife has gotten hers.  But honestly, I only feel bad about it when I am not on it, otherwise all smiles.

I guess all the talk of late October, which is what I was told last week is out the window. Hope all those still waiting will see this as new hope.

Edited by UtahJack

Cool.  Good to know.   I'm waiting as well... but I'm holding out for a white one...  

You're in Utah,  I assume?  I'm CA.

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman

Sad update.

Just got a call from my dealer, the bike they got was for another dealer and we can't have it.

Apparently it is back to late October time line again.

What a way to run a new model release.

• Sad 1

Wow can't believe the U.S is still waiting on orders, in Canada they have been sitting on the showroom floor for awhile. Sad.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, UtahJack said:

Sad update.

Just got a call from my dealer, the bike they got was for another dealer and we can't have it.

Apparently it is back to late October time line again.

What a way to run a new model release.

Dislike!!!!!

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt."   -   Zach Bowman